Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandc

The Fly
Do you think Electrical Storm will ever be played live? It sort of gets forgotten, but would sound awesome live.

I have seen a local band cover it live and it sounds great! It would be awesome for U2 to try this one out full band!

It needs to be played, I sure hope it will be. It's a non-album track, and the band has a history of abandoning that kind of thing, but they have to play it.

Macfistowannabe said:
It needs to be played, I sure hope it will be. It's a non-album track, and the band has a history of abandoning that kind of thing, but they have to play it.

Not true.

Every U2 single has been played live, so I'm expecting it to be played. The following non-album, officially released songs have all been played:

- Boy/Girl
- Another Day
- 11 O'clock Tick Tock [one of U2's most frequently played songs]
- Touch
- Things To Make And Do
- A Celebration
- Party Girl
- Silver And Gold
- Spanish Eyes
- The Sweetest Thing
- Slow Dancing
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
- Miss Sarajevo [if you don't count Passengers, that is]
- Holy Joe
- North And South Of The River
- The Ground Beneath Her Feet
- The Hands That Built America

(I might've missed a couple. And She's A Mystery To Me was released by Roy Orbison, not U2, but they played that too so it might warrant being on the list.)

I don't know where your statement comes from as it's wildly untrue. The majority of b-sides haven't been played (though a sizeable minority of eighties ones were), but all singles have been played, and the other two Best Of songs have been played.

Last edited:
Axver said:
Not true.

I don't know where your statement comes from as it's wildly untrue. The majority of b-sides haven't been played (though a sizeable minority of eighties ones were), but all singles have been played, and the other two Best Of songs have been played.
I hope you're right. But - have they even rehearsed the song?

Macfistowannabe said:
I hope you're right. But - have they even rehearsed the song?

It hasn't been reported as rehearsed.

That said, we didn't know about Gloria until just five days before it debuted live, and they had to have been rehearsing it a lot beforehand.

Raid said:
Maybe they will add it to the setlist in Europe?:eyebrow:

That's what I'm predicting, as it was a more successful single there.

To Axver

Axver said:

That's what I'm predicting, as it was a more successful single there.

I know this is off the topic of the thread but Axver, as you seem to know your stuff :) do you think it at all possible that Kite will be played in Europe? Thats my suspicion and I hope its true!!

I also love Electrical storm so fingers crossed for that one too!!

Re: To Axver

lisa2004 said:

I know this is off the topic of the thread but Axver, as you seem to know your stuff :) do you think it at all possible that Kite will be played in Europe? Thats my suspicion and I hope its true!!

I also love Electrical storm so fingers crossed for that one too!!

If I remember correctly, the only rumour of Kite being rehearsed came from the Mexico list which I now believe was fraudulent, or only semi-accurate at best. I am not expecting Kite, which is a real shame, but if they do play it, I won't be surprised. I get this feeling it has been superceded by SYCMIOYO, though.

Re: Re: To Axver

Axver said:

If I remember correctly, the only rumour of Kite being rehearsed came from the Mexico list which I now believe was fraudulent, or only semi-accurate at best. I am not expecting Kite, which is a real shame, but if they do play it, I won't be surprised. I get this feeling it has been superceded by SYCMIOYO, though.

nup, i think stuck has been superceeded by sycmioyo :(

wasnt that supposed to be rehersed acousticly but? stuck i mean....

Re: Re: Re: To Axver

quadcaster said:

nup, i think stuck has been superceeded by sycmioyo :(

wasnt that supposed to be rehersed acousticly but? stuck i mean....

Stuck and SYCMIOYO aren't related. A new version of Stuck featuring piano was rehearsed and soundchecked, and was played at the LA rehearsal, but when Yahweh was moved to the end of the set, there was no longer anywhere for Stuck to fit in the set. It was eliminated simply due to the lack of a good place. I'm picking it to appear in Chicago, though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: To Axver

Axver said:

Stuck and SYCMIOYO aren't related. A new version of Stuck featuring piano was rehearsed and soundchecked, and was played at the LA rehearsal, but when Yahweh was moved to the end of the set, there was no longer anywhere for Stuck to fit in the set. It was eliminated simply due to the lack of a good place. I'm picking it to appear in Chicago, though.

but ultimatly, if u listen 2 both songs, they are virtually the same sort of soft track, similar sort of thing :wink:

they will play stuck in australia but, cause its about poor michael hutchense :sad:

Back
Top Bottom