Drop the Acoustic Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:
Have you heard the Vegas '97 full band Staring on opening night of Popmart? Because if you haven't, you may want to check that out. :wink:

Actually, I have not.
As I understand it, they screwed it up somehow.

I haven't heard a full band version of this song.

any mp3's anyone?

The acoustic set is one of my favorite parts of their tours. (by that, I mean Bono and Edge only)

For most part, it works great for songs. IMO, Ground beneath her feet and Wild honey would have worked better full band, otherwise I enjoyed the other songs stripped down.

U2girl said:
The acoustic set is one of my favorite parts of their tours. (by that, I mean Bono and Edge only)
I agree. I don't see why it's a bad thing at all.

JOFO said:
Actually, I have not.
As I understand it, they screwed it up somehow.

I haven't heard a full band version of this song.

any mp3's anyone?
I can't help much with the mp3, but I have the show on DVD. I laughed so hard when Bono cut the song.

Afterwards, I wanted to cry.

Macfistowannabe said:
I agree. I don't see why it's a bad thing at all.

for me:
1. because it's boring; I don't hear any kind of wonder coming from edge's acoustic guitar that beats hearing the full band.
2. it's an expected kind of thing at this point to pacify the yuppies in the audience.
3. it's always the same tunes: desire,stay, blah blah blah.

it's one thing if you're led zeppelin and you've got plenty to contribute in an acoustic setting; edge playing barre chords ain't what I paid $100 a seat to see.

sorry if it's such a negative post; u2 "acoustic" ain't it for me.

drleather2001 said:
It's tired. I mean, why play "lite" versions of songs? The whole idea of momentary intimacy with the crowd that a spectacle such as Zoo TV required is rendered obsolete by the new stage setups like Elevation's.

I mean, really...who the hell is DYING to hear an acoustic version of "Kite"?

Amen. It a total throw away in my opinion. This is almost as bad as the fact that U2 never changes their setlist.

Re: Re: Drop the Acoustic Set

pxlphish said:
Amen. It a total throw away in my opinion. This is almost as bad as the fact that U2 never changes their setlist.
Umm... are you including the Elevation Tour?

Re: Re: Re: Drop the Acoustic Set

Macfistowannabe said:
Umm... are you including the Elevation Tour?

Even moreso, are they including Lovetown? Or any U2 tours apart from ZooTV and Popmart?

Maybe two songs. But not Desire or All I Want Is You. Good songs to be played acoustic would be songs like Stay, Angel Of Harlem, Summer Rain, and The First Time. Maybe if they played two of those a night, it would work. Also, I was wondering about an acoustic version of Mofo. :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom