Do'you think the European Set list will include more older SONGS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertigo_mofo

Babyface
D'you think the European and ESPECIALLY the Dublin Set lists will include more older SONGS then the North American leg?

-Vertigo_Mofo Out!!!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

They may pop in a real gem from the vaults that they haven't played elsewhere for many years. It's hard to say for sure though.

The only real obvious difference on the European Elevation Tour happened in Dublin when they did A Sort Of Homecoming, but apart from that, the set lists were pretty much the same throughout the entire tour.

Mind you, I guess the one thing that's happened so far on this tour, 4 shows in, is that U2 have played 4 different set lists. According to Dennis Sheehan (I believe) they have rehearsed in the region of 50 songs, so if that is the case, I think we can probably expect a few surprises everywhere this time around.

They'll have time to rehearse more before European shows, so we may see:

Electrical Storm
Ultraviolet
A sort of homecoming (ireland)
Original of the Species

Something from POP

i hope more achtung baby comes in, i would be very happy, songs like end of the world and the real thing are hits during the europe concerts, i want to listen to them when they'll come in milan!

I think u2 recognise that america finds it's best work to be Joshua Tree and that style of music, whereas a lot of the european fans prefer Achtung Baby etc. I think that we might however see the fly go:(

I hope we will hear on european shows ANY Pop song (discotheque, sats, wudm, please, mayby lnoe? I would die happy if they'll play mofo again :drool:) Also I hope that rumors about rehearsing Lemon and Ultraviolet were true.

Given that the European shows will mainly be in stadiums, and as a result to a less hardcore audience, maybe they'll feel the need to play more familiar material? I certainly think to setlist will change somewhat by then.

I thnik that due to playing in outdoors the setlist would be different. Maybe two or three new songs ( original ?? ) and a bigger screens and light tricks.

I hope that cause i have tickets for Barcelona and Madrid.

vertigo_mofo said:
D'you think the European and ESPECIALLY the Dublin Set lists will include more older SONGS then the North American leg?

to be honest Im surprised to see three in a row at the start of the setlists we know about.

maybe different songs, but not necessarily more.

nice quote by bono re suprises

U2’s world tour hits the UK in June, and Bono promised a few surprises. He said: “We’ll stick with it the way it is for the next few shows. We have other material to get working on. A few surprises to bring as the tour gets on. We tried a few things (on the first night) that didn’t always work. ‘Elevation’ went a bit south and we came off at the corners a few times with ‘The Fly’. You know, I wasn’t sure what we were before, if we were still a rock band. But when I was whacking the tambourine on ‘All Because Of You’, it felt like an old song, like we were back, like we were a rock band again. At times it was a political rally, at time it was a gospel tent, at times it was a Las Vegas show.”

play it cool said:
Given that the European shows will mainly be in stadiums, and as a result to a less hardcore audience, maybe they'll feel the need to play more familiar material? I certainly think to setlist will change somewhat by then.

Less hardcore audience? Where I live you have to be hardcore or you didn't get any tickets. Any casual fan hoping to come by late to the ticket office and get one got nothing. They could play Elvis Presley & America and everybody would still recognize it.

There's enough 80's material in the set now.
Of the 22 songs played, they play 3-4 90's songs, all of which are from Achtung. And they still lack Until The End Of The World.

I'm extremely satisfied with the set, but if they do change it, then I hope they favor the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom