Does Seconds Make Sense 4-This Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'd be cool to hear again (and it'd fit alongside the tour's "political trilogy").

Axver -- I think that would work!

I fully expect more of the back catalogue to show up over the course of this tour.

It does seem possible. I'd like to see it in place of SBS or NYD some nights, but not in place of the Boy/October stuff

I just listened to a bootleg of Seconds from an Unforgettable Fire era concert in Bologna...love it, and I think it would be great.

i would love to see it.
it worked so well live in the past, and i believe that now it would be even better due to the obvious edge singing progression.

Would be cool to see it show up..........it would make a great "Bullet" snippet.......

this song is about the coldwar, also the lyrics USSR, DDR etc.. are out of date

I MADE A THREAD HERE NOT TOO LONG AGO HOW I WANTED TO HEAR "LIKE A SONG" IN A SHOW. THAT WAS THE WRONG SONG I WANTED TO HERE, IT'S ACTUALLY "SECONDS" THAT I WANT TO HEAR. I REALLY LIKE THAT SONG.:wink:

Nisse said:
this song is about the coldwar, also the lyrics USSR, DDR etc.. are out of date

This is why I dont believe it would be done. Dont get me wrong, would be cool if they did, not likely though.

A Celebration would be more likely with its "Atomic Bomb" line, would fit the current themes better also. But even though there were bogus reports of it being rehearsed, I doubt it will be done either. :shrug:

But U2, feel free to shock me!! :lol:

So what if it was about the cold war? Has anything stopped Bono from making up new lyrics to any song? Bullet was about America's role in Central America in the mid-eighties and look how it's evolved over the years. I think Seconds would fit in nicely with the string of anti-war songs they're playing every night - I'd love to hear how it would evolve.

It would make sense to play on this, but I hope it doesn't.

If their going to play a "rare" WAR tune, play "Surrender" or "Like a Song"

Back
Top Bottom