Do You Feel Loved?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmplace0401

The Fly
I wouldn't be surprised if they added DYFL (from Pop) to some of their sets on the upcoming tour. The lyrics really reflect a darker version of Yahweh ("take these hands"/"take these feet/shoes"). Plus I'd love to hear a reworked version of this, live, the way they did with Discotheque and Gone. Anyone else notice the similarities b/w DYFL and Yahweh? (There is also the "a man and a woman" lines in DYFL that could have provided some inspiration for AMAAW on HTDAAB).

Plus its got one of the most intense bass lines of any U2 track.

Do You Feel Loved will NEVER be played again. Two reasons;

1. It was cut after six Popmart shows because it did not work live.
2. It's too similar to Yahweh lyrically. I imagine that they now wish they did not include DYFL on Pop because Bono wanted to do a lot more (Yahweh) with the lyrics than he did on Pop.

has anyone ever heard the original track they borrowed from Naked Funk?
its in the POP liner notes.
Its pretty much a longer version of the song without lyrics and Edge's parts.
I love it!
One of the most overlooked U2 tracks ever.
Its a shame.

There is no way U2 would play "Do You Feel Loved" live again. They gave up after only a few shows into the Popmart. This is one of the better studio songs by U2 rather than live.

pepokiss said:
I have a live version of DO YOU FEEL LOVED, and it's AMAZING

I rather enjoyed it live too, but the band felt it didn't work and so they scrapped it ... bad move, I say.

I thought it should've been the HIT off POP. I still love the song (and yes, the similarities to Yaweh are there...just as City of Blinding Lights is derivative of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses...but then, I hear old U2 songs in every new U2 song...)

Do You Feel Loved is a great song.

Although it's a great song, I don't think it will be played live. It just didn't have as much widespread appeal as other songs.

Back
Top Bottom