Discoteque and Elevation at Vetigo tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Was wondering if they would play that. It would be awsume.
They need some dance music/rocker songs in there tour or it will be too bland.
The new album only has a couple of rockers and if your in GA the more rockers/dance music the better!

I don't think we will see either performed. Although, I think Discoteche is still fresh today as it was back in 97. Also, if this tour is to be a spectacle complete with screens and massive amounts of lights, Discoteche would fit in perfectly.

Elevation on the other hand I think has seen it's end in the live setting. I do like the song, but i think it will be bumped.

But please, no Elevation again. We heard it on previous tour, fine, but now it's enough. Vertigo and ABOY are better rockers and songs overall. They are enough to replace elevation. By the way... if such great openers like Zoo Station and Mofo gone (almost for sure forever :() then Elevation should devide the same fate.

they dont need elevation now that they've got vertigo although i suppose they may still play it.
i would love to see discotheque though, i love that song so much!

i think you'll still get your rockers w/o playing discoteche and elevation

Vertigo
ABOY
L&PoE
COBL - could be upbeat and loud

Then you have your staples: 85% chance of being played
SBS
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Streets
Beautiful Day

Possibles:
The Fly
UTEotW
Bullet the Blue Sky
Bad

Outside Possibilities:rumored rehearsal songs etc
Gloria
Exit
A Celebration

Elevation has been superceded by both Vertigo and ABOY and is not necessary.

Discotheque was played at only a low number of Elevation gigs, 17 I believe, and it's doubtful it will ever come back.

If you think this album won't be good live, you're nuts. They've already done six tracks from it live, and besides OOTS, they've all been sensational.

Rocker songs U2 should play (in order of when they were released)

The Electric Co., Exit, Desire (electric!), The Fly, Acrobat, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Discotheque.

Elevation is a great song live. Its one of the rare songs were everyone knows the words and actually sings along. The lyrics are very catchy, similar to Vertigo

DPrinceNY said:
Elevation is a great song live. Its one of the rare songs were everyone knows the words and actually sings along. The lyrics are very catchy, similar to Vertigo

Rare songs? Yeah, no-one ever sings along to Beautiful Day, ISHFWILF, Streets, WOWY, One, 40, etc, etc ...

And Ultraviolet..your all forgetting Ultraviolet... :sad:

Love is blindness would be good to bring back too... :drool:

Mofo forever! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Bring on the reincarnation of the song (vide The Fly). Mayby cut the "electronica" stuff (which is still great) and play more rock version? If Lemon will appear on this tour again all is possible.

I want some electronica thrown into the show. They release all of these club remixes, and then onstage they act like they're ashamed of that side of the band. I don't mind if they have to add tapes to the live instruments, I just want it to sound good and get a chance to shake my booty. :wink:

Rocker songs are really needed ... I'm thinking that rumour of A Celebration may not been as far off as we may think. It's such a great song, you can rock out, and it is perfect for the tour ... "I believe in the third world war, I believe in the Atomic Bomb, I believe in the powers that be, but they won't overpower me."

maybe those songs, or other rocker songs will be hard for Bono to perform them on real high rock level becouse of bad back?:(

I would love to hear them play elevation live but i can't see how they would fit it in when it is an opening song which on this tour will be vertigo,other rockier songs i'd like to hear are acrobat and what about dirty day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom