Crumbs swept off U2's table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
I have read with great interest the the set lists from the first four shows they have thrown up a few surprises. I have to say though I am completley baffled by the ommision of crumbs from your table.

Considering the strong African theme of pride streets & one I thought crumbs would fit in perfect. Even maybe in rotation with pride.

I think we are missing out on a real jem of a song the intro alone is worth the admission price.I think Edge playing that quietly in the background with Bono doing an African awareness speech over the top would have been a real highlight of the show.

I know a lot of posters on here dont like crumbs and it didnt get good reviews but I think it knocks All because of you into a crooked hat. Hopefully when they leave American shores and head to the uk they might drop that as it hasn't been a single here.Its also in a very strange place in the show imo

The encore seems pretty set as it hasnt changed really over the first four shows So I think All because of you will stick around maybe for all the us leg at least.

Come on lads dust of the crumbs and let us have a taste Im sure we'll love it!

I love Crumbs, Its one of my favourites off HTDAAB.
I really hope it does make it Live, I'm sure it will be played at some point in the tour, just like Original of the species.

"Kite" to me is by far the best song on ATYCLB, and it took the band a month to play it live.

I think it became one of the best moments in the show, as well. It was perfect live.

Who knows if Crumbs will do this, but it will show up.

It's been four shows, for goodness' sake! It took Kite four days under a month before it debuted on Elevation. It took One Tree Hill two whole tour legs before it debuted on the JT Tour (and was then a Lovetown regular). Most of UF was omitted from the first leg of its own tour!

Just because it hasn't been played now doesn't mean it won't be played. The band said they have rehearsed eight HTDAAB songs, but they've only played seven. While I suspect the eighth is OOTS, which hasn't worked out for them (yet), I'm still betting Crumbs will turn up on this tour sooner or later.

original of the species, a man and a woman & crumbs will probably be played in europe

I know it has only been four shows but I really am starting to worry that Crumbs is going to have the same fate as some of my other favorites that got played live infrequently if at all - So Cruel, Acrobat, Zooropa, When I Look At The World.

I love Crumbs. I think it's better than COBL or Miracle Drug. It's great musically and it has an important message. From the first time I heard it I couldn't wait to hear the live version. I think this song would just kill live with a building beat, the opportunity for a great Edge solo at the end and with Bono snarling out "where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die" in an arena full of people.

I don't know why U2 decided to exclude Crumbs (at least for now) but please, guys, give it a chance and see if it will be as great live as I think it can be.

I think Crumbs is going to be done eventually. They are trying to get the songs they are doing now down. Once that is done they will start to work on other stuff and I think Crumbs and probebly Man And Woman (expect acoustic unfortunately of that) will be done by the end of the first leg or at the latest in Europe.

Now Original is the song I'm concerned about. I know they played it at the Brooklyn Bridge show but it obviously wasnt very good there. I think they had some major problems with it working at the early rehearsals. Bono has problems hitting the high part, obviously he could change the way he sings it though. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The only song that I dont think has any chance of being played from the new album is One Step Closer. Could be a snippet tacked onto a song (sort of like what they did with When I Look At The World), but I doubt a full band version will ever be done.

I'll add my voice to those who really wish to see crumbs. It would fit perfectly with the Africa theme, and I could imagine the live arrangement just kicking so much ass.

elfyx said:
I'll add my voice to those who really wish to see crumbs. It would fit perfectly with the Africa theme, and I could imagine the live arrangement just kicking so much ass.

I agree, especially the back-end of the song with the Edge's backing chants and the guitar... it's a real rush at the end.

RademR said:
"Kite" to me is by far the best song on ATYCLB, and it took the band a month to play it live.

Really? I didn't know that.

I love Crumbs too. I hope it makes it to setlist soon.

dizzy said:

Really? I didn't know that.

I love Crumbs too. I hope it makes it to setlist soon.

Basically, yup.
The show opened in Miami on 3-24, and "Kite" wasn't played until San Jose II on 4-20. About a month.

GomboU2 said:
absolutely, we need some 'crumbs'. i would gladly sacrifice bullet the blue sky or new years day.

Bullet The Blue Sky ......... okay that can be sacrificed !!!
But you're wrong to say that New Years Day could be sacrificed ...
especially for Crumbs ???? PLEASE ..... Are you for real ????
Crumbs is obviously the song that's being sacrificed right now ... Thank God !!! I'd rather hear Original Of The Species,
A Man And A Woman or even Fast Cars .....
BRING THESE SONGS ON , FIRST !!!!! P L E A S E ! ! ! !
And just for the record.....
Crumbs From Your Table is a song that's just that....
Crumbs From The Table of U2's written song diary .... :madspit:

MsMofoGone said:

Bullet The Blue Sky ......... okay that can be sacrificed !!!
But you're wrong to say that New Years Day could be sacrificed ...
especially for Crumbs ???? PLEASE ..... Are you for real ????
Crumbs is obviously the song that's being sacrificed right now ... Thank God !!! I'd rather hear Original Of The Species,
A Man And A Woman or even Fast Cars .....
BRING THESE SONGS ON , FIRST !!!!! P L E A S E ! ! ! !
And just for the record.....
Crumbs From Your Table is a song that's just that....
Crumbs From The Table of U2's written song diary .... :madspit:

You really need to do something about your font or typing style. Your posts just hurt the eyes to read and look at. I noticed this in your other post on the under rehearsed thing.

I also disagree with you on both posts really.

Bullet and NY Day have been done to death. I dont really mind either. But bring on something new over most stuff they have done every single tour for the last 20 years! Crumbs has the potential to really take off with a live interpretation. But you would rather have Man And A Woman???? Now THAT is insane!! :lol: Each their own, but I think most fans would disagree with you on that one. :shrug:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
Bono has problems hitting the high part, obviously he could change the way he sings it though. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Maybe Edge could do the high parts? Hes been doing the "Hala La La La's" In RTSS this tour....Although Bono did have a go at those last night in Anaheim.

They need to play Crumbs.

I think for fun, the audience should sneak in crackers and then when they play the song, we all throw crumbs on the stage.

Macfistowannabe said:
They need to play Crumbs.

I think for fun, the audience should sneak in crackers and then when they play the song, we all throw crumbs on the stage.

Ha ha ha classic!!!....can you imagine their faces if they get bombarded with cracker crumbs...!!!!!:laugh:

The unfortunate thing with Crumbs is that Bono stated they were drunk when they recorded it and is not sure they remember how to play it.

Still no excuse not to work on it and get it right for a live performance. It's too good to leave it on the shelf.

Macfistowannabe said:
No, crackers and stale bread should explode from over the stage at the start, like the confetti schtick before COBL.

Back
Top Bottom