"Crumbs"'premiere? I can bet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldnt have thought they'd risk messing it up, by playing it for the first time in front of so many ppl around the world.
They might try it full band...then fuck up, and it could become another SATS from Popmart - just on a more global scale!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
I wouldnt have thought they'd risk messing it up, by playing it for the first time in front of so many ppl around the world.
They might try it full band...then fuck up, and it could become another SATS from Popmart - just on a more global scale!:wink:

Full band SATS is a much more complex tune to perform.... ...however your thought may be right... ..maybe it will not the premiere but I'm still convinced they'll play it in London...

...my only complain is that they we'll not be able to headline the event due to previous commitment (Wien gig).

And, apart from me being a U2 fanatic, I can't see an artist/band more worth playing at the end of the day, since Bono is the most committed man in the African causes in the showbiz.

If U2 are to play Crumbs we will see it pop up in the lead up to the event on the Vertigo tour. However with Dublin occuping there mind at the moment I'm not really sure how confident I would be this is going to happen.

I GURANTEE they have discussed what they will play.

There is no way that Crumbs is premiered on live8...they wouldn;t take that "risk"in front of an audience of 3 billion people.

Has there been any sort of confirmation that Crumbs has even been rehearsed?

Sken said:
Has there been any sort of confirmation that Crumbs has even been rehearsed?

Yeah, it was heard rehearsed outside the stadium at Brussels (twice!) once acoustic, second time full band
I think it was worked on in Germany too.....We'll see it if they think they can get it right.

Thanks bonoman. It really is a surprise that this song hasn't been played yet. Before the tour started I really thought this one would have been a tour staple. Hopefully it will show up very soon, it has an upbeat sound which should work well live.

zwervers2 said:
There is no way that Crumbs is premiered on live8...they wouldn;t take that "risk"in front of an audience of 3 billion people.

Yeah I agree with that. Probably they will play it 'safe' during live aid.

bono_man2002 said:
Acrobat was rehearsed (I'm sure more than what we have on Bootleg)....so prehaps Crumb's is HTDAAB's Acrobat! :sad:

Acrobat was only ever rehearsed acoustic only.

Crumbs has been rehearsed full band on several occassions. I think it will be done eventually. I think they are not sure where to fit it in the setlist at this point more than anything so it doesnt kill any momentum of the show.

Crumbs will not premiere at the Live8 event.

U2 took a big risk with their unexpected 13 minute version of Bad in Live Aid. I am sure they are thinking what they could do this time around. Crumbs makes sense. If they keep practicing it, then it is really no risk at all when they want to play it July 2nd.

Last edited:
theres no way they will premiere this song at live8.

theyre not even comfortable playing it at their own concert yet, no way theyll play it in front of the world at live8. plus its not THAT good of a song to play at an event like this anyway.

Roland of Gilead said:
U2 took a big risk with their unexpected 13 minute version of Bad in Live Aid. I am sure they are thinking what they could do this time around. Crumbs makes sense. If they keep practicing it, then it is really no risk at all when they want to play it July 2nd.

Comparing Crumbs to the long version of Bad at Live Aid isnt even in the same realm.

Bad had been played for almost the entire Unf. Fire tour prior to Live Aid. U2 did not choose to do a long version. Bono jumped off the stage and necessitated the long version. The plan was to do the normal version of Bad and then end with Pride. So U2 didnt intentially take a chance on what they played, it was Bono jumping off the stage in the heat of the moment that caused them to continue to play Bad. Not even close to the same thing as playing a new song live that you havent done in front of people before. Sorry.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Comparing Crumbs to the long version of Bad at Live Aid isnt even in the same realm.

Bad had been played for almost the entire Unf. Fire tour prior to Live Aid. U2 did not choose to do a long version. Bono jumped off the stage and necessitated the long version. The plan was to do the normal version of Bad and then end with Pride. So U2 didnt intentially take a chance on what they played, it was Bono jumping off the stage in the heat of the moment that caused them to continue to play Bad. Not even close to the same thing as playing a new song live that you havent done in front of people before. Sorry.

I said "unexpected."

All that changes this time around is what could be "expected."

Nonetheless, I think you are right about Crumbs not being played then. I just have this dream you know. Let me be. :wink:

They could potentially rehearse Crumbs so that they have it nailed and premiere it at Live 8, but it's never going to happen. Remember, U2 prefer to play to an audience - practising something in an empty room/arena/stadium/what-have-you is one thing, but playing it to a huge crowd of people is totally different. If U2 want to play Crumbs at Live 8, it's pretty safe to say that it will show up at the Vertigo Tour concerts immediately beforehand - i.e. it will debut in the coming week or so. And that just doesn't seem to be about to happen, though there are three nights in Dublin ...

The_acrobat said:
3 nights in Dublin.... I bet Crumbs will be premiered sometime in Dublin.

If I was a betting man that is what I would bet also OR one of the Amsterdam shows. Otherwise it wont be until the third leg, if at all.

But I'm not a betting man! :laugh:

Maybe Fast Cars, but I think Xanax and Wine may make it...There was a rumor that Doctor, Doctor may be played too...

This is a review of the Glasgow gig from one guy, who also met Bono during the day and asked him about 'Crumbs'....

Review by: Shawn Bison

Well, as luck would have it, I met Bono walking on the streets of Glasgow today. It was seven hours before showtime and I guess he was out to clear his head or something. I've met him twice before, but under rushed circumstances (there were other fans around, he had to go, etc.). He was by himself, per usual - as the ultrafan would liken - and welcomed me with a smile. He didn't remember me, but I had a few questions prepared in case I bumped into him on this leg. My burning question was "Crumbs" and why they have not yet played it. He informed me that they want to get it perfect before debuting it, because it's the most important song he's ever written. He also wants to possibly wait to debut it at Live 8. I complimented him on the band's performances and such and we even joked about the prospect of performing alongside members of the reunited Pink Floyd, saying "you'd have a better chance of seeing Syd Barrett up there with them than me." Enough of this story, this review is supposed to be about the Glasgow show, right?!

The show was simply perfect. It was pretty much the same setlist as London 2, but with more punch and polish. I love the Scotland fans. They actually cheered at The Edge's [few] guitar solos, and not just Bono's antics. It was an all-round pleasant day and evening, and I still love the All Because Of You placement.

Hello hello Dublin! Three nights of mayhem are about to begin.

From www.u2tours.com

So, Prehaps they will get it right, Play it first time at Live8.
Then play it again that night in Vienna?

Or get it into the set at one of the Dublin Shows?....As long as they play it I think!

bono_man2002 said:
So, Prehaps they will get it right, Play it first time at Live8.
Then play it again that night in Vienna?

Or get it into the set at one of the Dublin Shows?....As long as they play it I think!

2nd Dublin show would be my prediction....then perhaps another airing at...hmmmm, let's say - Cardiff?

:drool:

Gee, Bono never exaggerates or says things that dont happen does he?? Especially when it comes to song requests, never. ;)

Joking aside, Crumbs is coming, but I seriously doubt it will debut at Live8. They will play it at their own show before they attempt it on TV in front of millions. Dublin looks like a good bet at this point.

Back
Top Bottom