Crumbs Ideas / Band Feelings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
It still surprises me to see Crumbs get such limited exposure on this leg of the tour.

I liked it live, and enjoy it on the boots.

Has anybody picked up on the band's perceptions of playing the song during a show? Do they avoid it because it's hard to play? Gets a limited audience reaction? Transtions poorly to other songs?

Any band member been quoted specifically about this song on tour?

What gives, I'm curious.

Mainly Bono's vocals, and I think it's that, one of the most important songs on the album, every time it's played it's not fully played to it's potential... there's still some fine tuning that's needed for this to be perfectly executed.

I also think Bono is the reason, it's not a easy song to sing but it sure is easy to play and it fits perfectly the theme of the tour so that's no excuse

Trampolene said:
It could be because of the drumming and Larrys arm?

What exactly is wrong with his arm anyway?

I saw them in Boston in Oct. It was only like the third or fourth time playing it live and Egde REALLY screwed up the backing track. It was kinda ugly. I saw them the other night in Boston 12/5 and it sounded excellent.

the 2 times i saw crumbs it got a pretty limited reaction from the audience but it sounded terrific (but i dont know if this is a reason they dont play it!)

I saw them play this song in Detroit. It seemed to get a limited audience reaction AND Bono seemed to struggle with it a little bit. The other thing I noticed was that it might be kind of hard to play. Bono and Edge were both playing guitar parts and I really couldn't tell who was playing what. Bono wasn't just strumming the chords, he was playing some kind of lead fill, and Edge was playing a different lead fill. Seemed like a logistical nightmare. But it sounded great. Kind of hard to get into it when everybody else just sits down.

i ould say it was definitely bonos voice. this is probably the biggest single factor in song selection for the tour.

I see my first show tomorrow night. I love Crumbs, and hope we get it. That, and/or at least, Original of the Species. I think one of the Boston shows got both.

Back
Top Bottom