Creating a Playlist for very sick neighbor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
Hi all, I am creating a U2 mixed cd for a 40 year old neighbor of mine who has multiple sclorosis (spelling?). He enjoys Van Halen and rock music that he grew up with. I spoke to him about U2 how fanatical I am about them and that many of their songs have religious undertones. He is interested in them now and wants me to "introduce" them to him. So, the cd I'm compiling for him will incorporate some religious themes, some of U2's rockier tunes, and a general introduction. This is what I have in mind to create for him. I am interested in your thoughts in this setlist for him:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
I Will Follow
Pride
All I Want is You
SYCMIOYO
Desire
New Year's Day
With or Without You
ISHFWILF - From R&H
One
Acrobat
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Bad
Kite
MLK

if space permits, I will include these as well:

City of Blinding Lights
In a Little While
Please
In God's Country

A nice rocky feel to the start with the opening trio, a Van Halen fan will appreciate them i'm sure. Ending with Kite-MLK is a great choice.
I may be tempted to substitute Vertigo for In A Little While tho, the final few would flow even better then I think.

Nice mix :up:

I'd definitely use COBL instead of SYCMIOYO, and maybe something like The Fly or UTEOTW in the mix, maybe around Acrobat?

if he/she's really sick, i'd drop the acrobat, and put in city of blinding lights or in a little while.

i love the acrobat, but it's not the kind of music i'd think would be best, i mean if you're considering those other tunes.

good points....

I'm specifically staying away from Walk On, as much as I love the inspirational aspect of it, he can no longer walk without canes or motorized mobile seat....

Very good mix! :up:

What about this one:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Beautiful Day
3. Pride
4. Miracle Drug
5. Kite
6. Vertigo
7. The Fly
8. Until The End Of The World
9. New Year’s Day
10. With Or Without You
11. Bad
12. Where The Streets Have No Name
13. Love And Peace Or Else
14. God Part II
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. One
17. Walk On
18. 40

Or in case you want to start with the rockers:

1. Vertigo
2. The Fly
3. Until The End Of The World
4. New Year’s Day
5. With Or Without You
6. Bad
7. Where The Streets Have No Name
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Beautiful Day
10. Pride
11. Miracle Drug
12. Kite
13. Love And Peace Or Else
14. God Part II
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. One
17. Walk On
18. 40

:)

Last edited:
Maybe though he would still appreciate Walk On. I mean he could "walk on" spiritually, and IMO it's a very spiritual and beautiful song. I would reconsider leaving it out :yes:

good i think it belongs in there, it's pretty much one of their most hopeful songs.... about a heavy subject.

this will be a great mix.

Back
Top Bottom