Create the Worse Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allbecauseofu2 said:
the band switches instruments. bono on drums, adam on vocals, larry on guitar, and edge on bass.

In other words, the Passengers album?:wink:

Worst possible setlist:

Bono burping the alphabet in two hundred and sixteen different languages with discotheque playing in the background.

Big Girls are best
Red Light (I like the idea someone had of Bono's daughters singing this part)
Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car
Even better than the real thing
New York
Trip through your wires
Elvis Presley and America
Shadows and tall trees
A room at the heartbreak hotel
When love comes to town - Adam singing BB's parts
Always
Night Fright
Inside-Out (acoustic)
Where the streets have no name (acoustic)
4th of July (extended version)
American Prayer
Are you gonna wait forever
Neon Lights
With a shout
Is that all?

Encore-
A man and a woman
Stateless
Freedom for my people
Begin with a teaser of Walk on, crowd cheers at the sound of a familiar hit, then suddenly cut right into .....
Miami

Veritgo Tour setlist

1. Zooropa (accoustic)
2. Mothers of the Disappeared
3. One Step Closer
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It (sung by Adam)
5. Party Girl
6. Daddy's Going to Pay for Your Crashed Car (accoustic)
7. Freedom for my People (The Edge singing, no guitar)
8. Somedays Are Better Than Others.
9. Elvis Presley and America.
10. Veritgo (Temple Bar)
11. Where the Streets Have No Name/Can't Take My Eyes of You (played accoustic by the reformed Pet Shop Boys)

Encore

12. Playboy Mansion
13. Miami
14. Wild Honey

Riot squad deployed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want the following:-

Adam and Larry to write the next album and record and tour the following line-up.

Adam Clayton (vocals, harmonica)
Larry Mullin Jnr (guitars)
The Edge (drums)
Bono (bass)

01. Vertigo
02. Beautiful Day
03. I Will Follow
04. Pride
05. Where The Streets Have No Name

5 songs, no surprises. Worst ever. All of it actually through the PA straight off the cd, instruments mimicked, Bono's microphone off. The mock instruments can be a set of bells for Larry, a pitch-pipe for Adam, and a harp for Edge. :wink:

setlist

1. u2 covers ashlee simpson's La la
2. u2 covers nkotb
3. u2 covers backstreet boys
4. u2 does nkotb, backstreet boys, nsync, 98 degrees, ozone medley...
5. Song interupted to put out random fires.
6. accoustic extended version of van damons land
7. Surprise duet with meatloaf...No not the Bat outta hell guy but the hamburger and pork stuff in some sort of Pop/zooropa performance flashback.
8. seeking to pick up added sponsorship U2 then changes Sunday Bloody Sunday to Walmart lovely Walmart.

I don't know how mine can be much worse:

Opening Set
Vertigo - Edge's amp doesn't work
4th of July - Edge humming the whole song
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - the band gives up in the middle of the song, and Bono can't make it on his own
One Step Closer - Bono steps one step closer to the audience, other than that, nothing really happens
Promenade
New Year's Day - listen to the Cleveland '01 bootleg, that version only with the guitar muting out
City of Blinding Lights - fans blind the band with laser pointers, causing them to screw up very badly, Bono spits on half the audience
Salome
I Will Follow - with Bono in a Butthead mask and in Butthead's voice and laughs (from Beavis & Butthead... remember that show?)

Acoustic Set (Correct me if I'm wrong, but these songs ARE NOT MEANT FOR AN ACOUSTIC SET!)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Dirty Day

Encore 1
Lemon Remix - this time there's no dude in the dress to look at, there's no lemon to look at, in fact... the only thing to look at is Mr. Potato Head
Bad - sung very badly, and a girl refuses to dance with Bono
Staring At The Sun - listen to Vegas '97 opening night... only both takes would screw up
Yahweh - Bono gets struck by lightning.

Encore2
Grace
Numb - Adam doing acapella
Beautiful Day - Bono repeating "The traffic was stuck, you're not moving anywhere" throughout the entire song
Bullet The Blue Sky - played exactly like POD's cover version with Bono meaninglessly screaming his guts out and trashing his voice
Miracle Drug - the entire audience surprises the band by smoking marijuana
Burn In Hell (a cover of Slayer)
Send In The Clowns (a cover of Barbara Streisand)
Fast Cars - performed very, very, very fast

Viva Davidoff
The playboy mansion
Miami
Sixty seconds to kingdom come
Elvis ate America
Peace on Earth
Trevor
Numb
Big girls are best
The wanderer
Somedays are better than others
...Baby one more time
Christmas (Baby please come home)
Elevation
Velvet dress
Elvis Presley and America
Like a song
Lemon/Lady Marmalade
Grace

Wow! Perfect! looooool

Besides Elevation, The Playboy Mansion, and If You Wear That Velvet Dress, I agree, it's a crappy setlist.

I hear they are each going to read a chapter of the bible. Different book everynight so now no one can complain they dont switch it up enough. The music will come from cd's that bono will pop into a portable boombox while onstage- some of them will be u2 cd's.

Send In The Clowns (a cover of Barbara Streisand)

:lmao: This thread is making me laugh so hard that i am crying!!

worse set list

in no particular order

Miami
Playboy Mansion
Velvet Dress
God Pt2
Indian Summer Sky
Elvis Presley & America
Peace on earth
When I look into the world
New York
Sweetest Thing
When love comes to town
Hawkmoon 269
Silver and Gold
Love Rescue Me
Heartland
Bad (yes I know people love this but it doesn't do anything for me- sorry)

This is thread is poviding some hilarious moments. Here is my attempt, I'm just going to hang with album tracks...

SETLIST

[Trippy A Man & A Woman Remix]
MLK
The Star-Spangeled Banner===>If God Would Send His Angels
MLK

Encore #1

MLK
Miami =====> With Or Without You (Snippet)
Zoo Station (Acoustic)
Silver & Gold (Bono forgets lyrics...so he just repeatedly says "am i buggin' ya? i dont mean to bug ya... Edge play the blues"... leading to...) ====> Babyface
Grace
Trip Through Your Wires =====> MLK (Snippet)
Vertigo
Vertigo
Vertigo ==== MLK (Snippet)
Discotheque ====> Oh Great Ocean, Oh Great Sea
All Along The Watchtower =====> Bad (Snippet) ======> MLK (Snippet)
Zooropa (First 1:45)=====> The Refugee ====> One (Snippet)
MLK
Shadows And Tall Trees======>Mofo

Encore #2
MLK (Bad Yard Club Mix)
Wild Honey =====> Tommorow
Freedom For My People (With ZooTV MLK speech on video screens)
Party Girl =====> MLK

(Crowd Sing "40")

Encore #3

Some Days Are Better Than Others

(Crowd Sing "40")

Encore #4

MLK

(Crowd Sing "40"... They just dont seem to get it)

Encore #5

Trippy "40" Remix
The Playboy Mansion

(Crowd Sing "40" getting very pissed off)

Encore #6
MLK =====> "40" (Snippet)

Crowd leave somewhat satisfied...

SETLIST

(intro) Barney and Yoko Ono's "Number 8" song **
ZooTV Interference with Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam*
The Zooropa space baby sings his song x 10

Encore#1
the band come back to the stage from the left.... only to go straight to the right and the leave
(outro) Grace

- Bono says he really wants to be king of the world
- Larry says he wants to quit the band since 1980, but he has stayed gun-pointed
- Edge goes on and on about guitars and how he wishes to be a guitar in an after life
- Adam looks a full minute to the camera the starts to undress, revealing that he actually has a leaf "there"

** - from the BeSharps episode of THE SIMPSONS

Last edited:
In the harsh light of day i'm beginning to think I went after MLK a bit hard....

Nah just listened to it... it was justified. :wink:

Axver...
With Or Without You (first verse) --> One (first verse) --> The Refugee...&
Miracle Drug (with BB King and his band)... are pure genius.

I'm going to create yet another setlist...

1. Some Days Are Better Than Others
Bono - Humming except for the "somedays are better than others", lead guitar on the annoying solo.
Edge - Piano, girgling
Adam - Background vocals, bass drum
Larry - Accordian

2. Miami
Bono - Lead vocals, lead guitar
Edge - Violin, girgling
Adam - Background vocals, bass drum
Larry - Saliva percussion

3. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Bono - Humming main verses, lead vocals on chorus, slinky
Edge - Dancing, girgling
Adam - Dancing with edge, screwing around with Bono's slinky
Larry - Sneezing along to the beat

4. Until The End Of The World
Bono - Unenthusuastically mumbling verses, acoustic guitar
Edge - Typewriter
Adam - Mumbling along with bono
Larry - Piano

5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bono - Unenthusiastic acapella, reaching in his pants
Edge - Reaching in his pants
Adam - Reaching in his pants
Larry - Reaching in his pants

6. Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Bono - Lead guitar
Edge - Banjo
Adam - Lead vocals
Larry - Making fart jokes

7. Who Let The Dogs Out?
Bono - Lead vocals
Edge - Woofing
Adam - Woofing
Larry - Woofing

8. Numb
Bono - Eating crackers along with the beat
Edge - Mumbling worse than ever
Adam - Harp
Larry - Screwing around

9. Dude, Looks Like A Lady
Bono - In Drag
Edge - In Drag
Adam - Lead Vocals
Larry - In Drag

10. Grace
Bono - Piccolo
Edge - Heavy distorted guitar
Adam - Lead vocals
Larry - Making childish noises

timothius said:
In the harsh light of day i'm beginning to think I went after MLK a bit hard....

Nah just listened to it... it was justified. :wink:

Axver...
With Or Without You (first verse) --> One (first verse) --> The Refugee...&
Miracle Drug (with BB King and his band)... are pure genius.

The inclusion of MLK so much tremendously amused me, especially because it was just SO out of place.

I'm still amused by those two creations of mine. I'm easily amused, I think.

timothius said:
This is thread is poviding some hilarious moments. Here is my attempt, I'm just going to hang with album tracks...

SETLIST

[Trippy A Man & A Woman Remix]
MLK
The Star-Spangeled Banner===>If God Would Send His Angels
MLK

Encore #1

MLK
Miami =====> With Or Without You (Snippet)
Zoo Station (Acoustic)
Silver & Gold (Bono forgets lyrics...so he just repeatedly says "am i buggin' ya? i dont mean to bug ya... Edge play the blues"... leading to...) ====> Babyface
Grace
Trip Through Your Wires =====> MLK (Snippet)
Vertigo
Vertigo
Vertigo ==== MLK (Snippet)
Discotheque ====> Oh Great Ocean, Oh Great Sea
All Along The Watchtower =====> Bad (Snippet) ======> MLK (Snippet)
Zooropa (First 1:45)=====> The Refugee ====> One (Snippet)
MLK
Shadows And Tall Trees======>Mofo

Encore #2
MLK (Bad Yard Club Mix)
Wild Honey =====> Tommorow
Freedom For My People (With ZooTV MLK speech on video screens)
Party Girl =====> MLK

(Crowd Sing "40")

Encore #3

Some Days Are Better Than Others

(Crowd Sing "40")

Encore #4

MLK

(Crowd Sing "40"... They just dont seem to get it)

Encore #5

Trippy "40" Remix
The Playboy Mansion

(Crowd Sing "40" getting very pissed off)

Encore #6
MLK =====> "40" (Snippet)

Crowd leave somewhat satisfied...

Oh god I love this thread...but the prize goes to you, my friend. Every part of that is pure brilliance. The playing of Vertigo three times in a row, all the random MLKs, Freedom for my People, the dumb audience singing 40... :laugh: :lmao: you win for funniest setlist ever. though Axver's is a close second.

MAIN SET

1. Vertigo - Bono doesn't count in til the middle of the first verse, counts in mangled Spanish and French (uno, dos, trois...uh...deux!") , for the rest of the song goes between the lyrics to Vertigo and Native Son... Edge breaks a string on his guitar from playing too hard, Larry leaves midway out of anger.

*Bono Speech - "Well em...sorry about that... Larry seems to have left, so, em, if you could all, jest, y'know, clap along to the songs, that'd work out well ... so em... emm... Africa."

2. Grace (the audience is at a lost and can't settle on a beat so the band gets off-tempo, Bono doesn't remember the words so he starts improvising, repeating the phrase "freedom has a scent...like the top of a newborn baby's head")

3. Numb [snippet]

*Larry returns

4. Cover of CREED's Arms Wide Open

*Bono gives a really, really, REALLY long speech about God and Africa and how Creed was such a great band. mostly the last part.

5. Cover of CREED's ...well, it started as a different song, but it ended up as Arms Wide Open again, because they all sound the same anyway

6. Peace on Earth (with segment of Refugee in the middle)

7. Staring at the Sun (full-band. except, again, it doesn't work. Larry keeps getting the tempo wrong, so Bono leaves, and Adam sings the last half of the song a cappella.)

8. Until the End of the World (Larry leaves to go talk with Bono, Edge has a bullfight with himself and somehow breaks his leg.)

9. Vertigo (Adam only)

ACOUSTIC SET

10. Your Blue Room (Adam muttering his part over and over for about seven minutes.)

*Bono and Larry come back

11. Discotheque (Bono on guitar and vocals)

12. Desire (done extremely slowly)

ENCORE #1

10. Love and Peace or Else (the stage had gone dark, the pre-recorded intro is playing...and gets stuck in a loop. The lights eventually come on and Edge is on a stool with an acoustic guitar, Bono decides to start singing over the loop... Larry says "feck it" and leaves again... Adam does nothing. Edge howls in pain, since his leg is broken.)

11. Vertigo (Adam's bass isn't plugged in, so it's basically Temple Bar Mix with drums.)

12. Still Haven't Found (about halfway through the song Bono makes a ten-minute speech about how much God means to them, and how Bush is talking to God and therefore knows what he's doing)

13. MLK (just because tim likes it so much :p)

ENCORE #2

14. The Playboy Mansion/Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World/40/Babyface/One Step Closer/Miami/Freedom for my People

15. Grace

16. Arms Wide Open

17. Vertigo (Larry only)

AtomicBono said:

(Larry leaves to go talk with Bono, Edge has a bullfight with himself and somehow breaks his leg.)

Gold!

I love yours as well AtomicBono... the only qualm is that you didnt have enough MLK in there enough!

Have you considered a:

MLK ====> MLK (Snippet)????

Here's another one, for fun.

Intro: Trippy Bullet 12 August 1993 Opener
(Just Bono screaming "America, where the fuck are you?" looped a thousand times with a kookaburra's call inserted randomly.)
1. If You Wear That Velvet Dress --> (Adam only) Surrender
Band come out in drag, dressed in velvet dresses. Larry drums like it is a metal song and the wig flies off. Adam laughs at Larry and forgets what song he is playing so he starts doing Surrender. Edge's velvet dress catches on the foot of Bono's mic stand, rips up the left side, and he drops his guitar on Bono's foot. Edge runs off to find new clothes, Bono hobbles away to find some ice.
2. Your Blue Room (Adam's verse) --> Endless Deep (Extended 20 minute version)
Not quite sure what to do, Adam sings his verse from Your Blue Room and then starts playing Endless Deep. He just keeps playing and playing, waiting for Bono and Edge to come back. Larry gets so sick of Adam singing "where do we go from here?" that he throws a drumstick. It narrowly misses Adam and strikes Bono, who was just coming back on stage. Bono leaves again, his forehead bleeding.
3. Numb --> Miracle Drug
Edge returns, clad in armour, and sings Numb, dedicating it to Bono. In reference to Bono's injury, he sings "drumsticks leave a dent on the top of an old singer Bono's head" after "don't try and make sense" and then plays the rest of Miracle Drug.
4. Miracle Drug
BB King and his band come on stage to do another rendition of Miracle Drug.
5. Miracle Drug
Bono finally returns, praising Panadol as a miracle drug while trying to hide dollar bills sticking out of his pockets.
6. Vertigo
Bono also tries to hide an iPod. Larry throws his remaining drumstick at him for being a moron and plays the rest of the song with his hands.
6.5 Lucille
BB King and his band, who were standing around doing nothing, start playing Lucille during Vertigo.
7. Lucigo [Lucille + Vertigo]
U2 and BB King jam onstage. BB King gets tired and leaves.
8. When Love Comes To Town (first verse) --> MLK --> Desire (second verse) --> MLK --> The Fly (chorus+solo) --> MLK --> Bullet The Blue Sky (opening drums+first verse) --> MLK --> Like A Song (second verse) --> MLK --> The Refugee (WOH WOAH only, for three minutes) --> October
Bono just wants to sing MLK, the rest of the band are trying to keep going with the set.
9. Medley of cover medleys: Elvis Presley medley --> The Corrs medley --> Kelis medley --> Avril Lavigne medley --> Britney Spears medley
The band approves of the Elvis medley. Adam leaves during the Corrs medley. Larry whacks his head on the drums and leaves during the Kelis medley. Edge throws his guitar down in disgust and leaves during the Avril medley. Bono yells out "oh shit Bono, you scared them away again!" before doing some Britney dance moves.
10. Zoo Station
Initially a capella, Bono picks up Edge's guitar after the second verse. However, the neck is broken in two places and the sound is awful. After being tortured by the sound for two minutes, Edge comes back out with a new guitar to finish the song with Bono.
11. Bono: Slow Dancing --> Lady With The Spinning Head, Edge: Zoo Station --> Lemon --> Love And Peace Or Else, Dallas: UTEOTW distortion
Edge's guitar is still on the Zoo Station distortion. Dallas Schoo tries to correct it and only succeeds in turning on the Lemon distortion, then LAPOE, and then turns off Edge's guitar and keeps triggering the UTEOTW opening loop over and over again until Bono finishes mumbling "slooooow da-da-da-da-la-la-la-lady-with-the-spinning-head-dancing" after fifteen minutes.
12. Bono: Stuck In A Moment --> I Will Follow, Edge: Nothing
Dallas can't remember how to turn Edge's guitar back on. Bono just keeps singing "stuuuuuuuuck in a moment" completely offkey. Edge walks offf. Not knowing what to do, Bono bows to the crowd and follows, humming I Will Follow into his microphone.

Crowd: 04

Encore #1: Twenty minutes later, after Dallas figures out what to do and turns on Edge's guitar again.
13. Trip Through Your Wires
Bono gets the harmonica caught on his lip at the start and spends the rest of the song making funny noises while he tries in vain to pull it off. Leaves to see a doctor.
14. Miracle Drug
Edge thinks it's appropriate.
15. The Electric Co. (Larry: Bad)
If Edge doesn't know, Electric Co. Actually, Larry doesn't have a flaming clue what they're playing and drums Bad instead.
16. Miracle Drug
Larry knows this one so Edge plays it again.
17. Miracle Drug
And again.
18. Miracle Drug
And yet AGAIN.
19. Edge, Adam: Miracle Drug, Larry: Rejoice
Sick of being treated like he's stupid, Larry breaks out in the drum solo from Rejoice.
20. Sunday Bloody Sunday
Larry solo. Edge and Adam stand around scratching their heads, trying to figure out what song Larry just played. Confused, they leave the stage.
21. Larry apologises to fans

Encore #2: 30 minutes later
22. Zoo Station (first verse) --> Even Better Than The Real Thing (first verse) --> One (first verse) --> Until The End Of The World (first verse) --> Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (first verse) --> So Cruel (first verse) --> The Fly (first verse) --> Mysterious Ways (second(!) verse) --> Street Mission (whole song)
23. Band: Boy/Girl, Bono: Stories For Boys --> Vertigo --> Elevation
Bono gets confused about what song they are playing. After hearing Edge say 'Boy', he assumes Stories For Boys. When he realises this is wrong, he sings "sometimes I don't want to know, hello hello, a place called Vertigo" and repeats the Vertigo chorus three times before realising it doesn't suit the song either. Thinking he's close, he sings Elevation until the rest of the band realise he's never going to get it and stop halfway through yet another "Wooooohooooooo".
24. 4th Of July --> MLK --> The First Time (second verse) --> The Playboy Mansion (last verse) --> With A Shout
The band can't make up their mind about what soft song they want to play. Edge and Adam start jamming on 4th Of July, then Larry turns on the MLK synth, but Edge thinks it's The First Time, and Bono mistakes it for The Playboy Mansion. Pissed off, Larry does the drums for With A Shout and the band go from there.

Encore #3: 40 minutes later
This time, the band make up their minds about what to play. Only problem is, someone's misplaced the instruments and they have to harmonise. Or in Larry's case, tap someone's head or clap.
25. Where The Streets Have No Name
26. One Tree Hill
27. Zooropa
28. Spanish Eyes
29. Ultra Violet
30. Acrobat
31. Love Is Blindness
32. Party Girl

Encore #4: An hour later, after an extensive search finds the instruments occupying nosebleed seats that had been vacated by people who had left in disgust.
The band are sick of the crowd singing 04, so ...
33. 40
34. 40
35. 40
36. 40
37. 40
38. 40
39. 40
40. 40
Every time, the band stops and Bono announces that "we'd like to play something new for you, a song we cover with King David, this is 40". Larry gives the crowd the finger before walking off stage at the end ...

... he then hurriedly writes apologies, expressing profound regret for his aggressive behaviour, and hands them to people as they leave.

Newspapers hail the concert as the most original live performance in rock and roll history.

Last edited:
Master of Puppets, Edge practices Hammet's ( I'm killing a cat solo's) Larry refuses to drum and drives about the stage in a Morris Miner proclaiming " IT'S A MUSICALLY JOURNEY!"

Two Hearts Beat as One, Bono remembers the old days "Oh shit I can't sing"

Adam realises he's been in a band all these years when he really wanted to be professional wrestler and is replaced on stage by The Rock,

Bullet The Blue Sky with added, "I'm gonna lay the smackdown on your candy ass" Larry takes offense and runs down Mr Rock in cold blood. Edge says he saw coming but thought it wasn't his place to argue, Bono then proceeds to raise The Rock from the dead.....................

Bono dies due to the Atomic Bomb that went off inside him, rises on the third day and they finally play the encore,

Edit: All loopholes in the rather ropey plotline are masked by the realistic way in which these events have been portrayed exept that Edge will not wear a Beanie but a mocasin on his head poss. joined on stage by Buckethead to perform a cover of Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out

Adam Clayton solo acoustic violin covering Britney Spears' entire catalogue while doing a jig.

Back
Top Bottom