Clayton: "At the moment we've rehearsed eight songs from the new album"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
A new interview with Adam which you can find here: http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/profile/274403
...for the San Diego Union Tribune.
Some incredibly stupid questions("What about the rest of you. Did any of you go to Fashion Valley?") but lots of interesting info there.
So, eight songs from the new album. Seven songs were played on the Saturday's rehearsal and I'm positive that the 8th song is Original of the Species. Still no Crumbs...
:sad:

I thougt they rehearsed the following:

1. Vertio
2. Miracle Drun
3. Sometimes
4. Love Peac or Else
5. City of Blinding Lights :)
6. All Because of You
7. A Man and Woman (Mexico)
8. One Step Closer
9. Yaweh

The only 2 I haven't seen on any rumor list is Crumbs and Original.

zoopop said:
I thougt they rehearsed the following:

1. Vertio
2. Miracle Drun
3. Sometimes
4. Love Peac or Else
5. City of Blinding Lights :)
6. All Because of You
7. A Man and Woman (Mexico)
8. One Step Closer
9. Yaweh

The only 2 I haven't seen on any rumor list is Crumbs and Original.

:yes: though Original was played on the promo tour.

On my original 3/18 vancouver setlist I mislabled COBL and OSC. I arrived during the ending of the song. The rest of my setlist was correct, and alarmingly close to the LA rehearsal set.

I'm not sure if OSC has been heard rehearsed elsewhere.

U2FP

So, it was One Step Closer you heard?
I think we can agree that the Mexico rumors were completely false, since there is no sign of any kind of Lemon, A Celebration or A Man and a Woman

The also played 11 o´clock in the Elevation tour rehearsal and they didn´t play it until 3rd leg....and remember Acrobat at Hershey. :(

I'd be very disappointed if crumbs and original are not usually played in the gig. They're the most emotional songs of the album.

Well I think Crumbs and Original will be added throughout the tour. One Step Closer might just be a snippet during an intro or outro of a song (First Time, Peace On Earth). Original sounds like a pretty simple song for them to play. As they have played in twice already. TIme will only tell.

U2Spain said:
The also played 11 o´clock in the Elevation tour rehearsal and they didn´t play it until 3rd leg

That's not true. 11 O'clock Tick Tock was played twice on the ATYCLB promo tour, then rehearsed before the first leg, and then didn't appear on the Elevation Tour until 15 May 2001, Chicago - a little over a month away from the end of the first leg. It was then played sparingly during the first and second legs and wasn't played at all on the third.

I like how Adam mentions that they are working on old songs, and bringing back some surprise ones. the outlook on having different setlists this tour is looking brighter and brighter.

Here's the eight they rehearsed in Vancouver and that we can confirm:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
One Step Closer
Yahweh

I'm guessing those are the eight that Adam meant.

One Step Closer wasn't rehearsed. U2FanPeter is almost sure he didn't hear One Step Closer after all at the rehearsal. He heard Electric Co. after that, so it makes sense it was City of Blinding Lights, not One Step Closer. Original of the Species was played, so logically it was rehearsed.

djerdap said:
One Step Closer wasn't rehearsed. U2FanPeter is almost sure he didn't hear One Step Closer after all at the rehearsal. He heard Electric Co. after that, so it makes sense it was City of Blinding Lights, not One Step Closer. Original of the Species was played, so logically it was rehearsed.

"Original Of The Species" wasn't played on Saturday night.........and nobody ever mentioned hearing it at the Vancouver rehearsals....

Back
Top Bottom