Changed setlist for 4th leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
They now have 6 weeks off till they start the 4th leg (non-US)....will they...

a) spend some thinking about how they can 'change' the show and set list...maybe practice a few 'new ones', man/woman, mofo, etc...

b) make no changes at all...

They prob need a big break now anyway...so hopefully this will recharge their batteries for a explosive 4th leg!!

I initially thought they would make no changes at all, judging at how static recent setlists have been. I then considered that this tour will be almost a year old next time they start playing, and thats a long time to be playing the same thing. I think there will be a couple of minor changes, but nothing major. I think people hoping to see "Mofo" or "Lemon" will be dissapointed.

I just found this setlist for the pretour rehearsal back in march:

# City of Blinding Lights
# The Electric Co.
# An Cat Dubh
# Into The Heart
# Beautiful Day (with Blackbird)
# Miracle Drug
# Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
# Love And Peace Or Else
# Elevation
# Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
# Yahweh
# Bullet The Blue Sky
# Running To Stand Still
# Zoo Station
# The Fly
# Vertigo (with Stories For Boys)
# Pride (In The Name of Love)
# Where The Streets Have No Name
# One
# All Because of You
# 40

I don't know if this was representative of the order in which they were to be played, but I imagine so since they used the curtains and ticker tape at the start. Its interesting to see how that changed to the initial setlists and how that has developed over the months.

If you compare the Leg 3 setlists to that, it shows how much the showmay (but probably wont) change come the end of the tour in April

One thing to keep in mind is that it`s all oustide shows right?
So I guess we could see Vertigo get played twice again?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I think The Electric Co., Zoo Station, and The Fly will return for the 4th leg

maybe we'll get some PoP songs because of them going to South America and they know those song work in a stadium setting

So far it looks like they are back to playing stadiums. Since when they returned to playing arena's in the third leg they basically returned to their 1st leg setlist with one or two changes from the previous 2nd leg. The smart money would be to bet on a return to the 2nd leg European setlists, with one or two changes inspired by the 3rd leg. I hope for our Southern friends that Bad makes a triumphant return as the occasional, or even better fixed, closer.

my guesses at songs to be added and dropped for 4th leg

Added: A Man and A Woman, Electrical Storm, Please, One Tree hill (for Austrailia/NZ), Mothers of the Disappeared (for Central America)

Dropped: Miss Sariejvo, Miracle Drug (already replaced w/ OOTS), don't think you'll see Fast Cars

i really think Mofo will make an appearance. ive heard they've got Mofo sounded great these days, but didnt put it in the set because they didn't think it fit. so maybe they will rework the set to be able to put Mofo in. I mean they wouldn't go to all that work to perfecting it and not play it right?

if they do put Mofo in the set I may have to go to the hawaii show.

I would say it will be similiar to the Euro shows from last summer with a change or two here and there (IE maybe One Tree Hill in NZ). I wouldnt expect any major changes though. They wont work on anything until they arrive for 4th leg rehearsals a couple days before the first 4th leg show.

Not sure about Mofo. I could see it being done in Mexico and maybe S. America as it was a single in those areas. Then I could see them going back to the Zoo encore for the remainder. :shrug: They work on songs all the time that never see the light of day in the show so dont be shocked if its not done period.

ill be surprised if one tree hill shows up as anything more than a snippet.

Numb1075 said:
i could see a Pop encore replacing the AB encore:

Discoteche
Mofo
Please

:drool:

If it was done it would most likely be

Mofo
Discotheque
Please

More likely though if done:

Mofo
The Fly or Myst Ways or UTEOTW
WOWY

Mofo would most likely open the encore like Zoo Station was if it is done. Rumor has it though that Edge doesnt care for Discotheque on this tour. :shrug: So that may not be done again on this tour.

Where do you guys get these rumors?:scratch:

Mofo "Sounds great these days"
"Edge doesn't care for Discoteche this tour"

when you follow the band around for several shows you get to know people who know things

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

That wouldnt shock me either. Snippet or maybe acoustic.

I'm expecting a mere snippet myself, but two things do improve the odds of a full One Tree Hill:

1. Two Auckland shows.
2. The fact 2006 is the 20th anniversary of Greg Carroll's death.

I'm expecting what they performed for the European Shows.....a streamlined, large crowd friendly list.

Axver said:

I'm expecting a mere snippet myself, but two things do improve the odds of a full One Tree Hill:

1. Two Auckland shows.
2. The fact 2006 is the 20th anniversary of Greg Carroll's death.

They also have some time prior to the NZ shows in S. America where they could work on it in soundcheck. I'm not holding my breath. But its not an impossibility either.

Best odds are probably a snippet only.

BigMacPhisto said:
I'm expecting what they performed for the European Shows.....a streamlined, large crowd friendly list.

..That's my idea... perhaps OOTS will replace Miracle Drug as it did in the States during the third leg, but the backbone of the outdoor-shows will be the standard Euro setlist... ...There's nothing wrong with that.. It communicates....

if MD doesn't get played here, I'll go up the stage and kick Bono right out off his damn platform shoes :angry:

thats the BEST song of HTDAAB... INFAMY if they don't play it...

besides, I think is HORRIBLE the OOTS-Sometimes combo.. as bad as Axver thinks Pride-Streets is...

I hope they get Electrical Storm

this is what I think MIGHT happen

01 - COBL
02 - Vertigo
03 - Elevation
04 - Electric Co
05 - I Still...
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - Miracle Drug :madwife:
08 - Sometimes...
09 - LAPOE
10 - SBS
11 - Bullet
12 - Miss Sarajevo
13 - Pride
14 - Where The Streets Have No Name
15 - One

16 - Zoo Station
17 - The Fly
18 - Electrical Storm

19 - Fast Cars
20 - ABOY
21 - OOTS
22 - Yahweh
23 - 40

maybe FAST Cars not... or maybe yes... and Crumbs could go somewhere... maybe where it's supposed to be, after One...

I really hope they don't play I Will Follow or I Still Haven't found... great songs, but overplayed...

I think M.Drug will get played since it had cool visuals on the 2nd leg.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. In Amsterdam OOTS had NO visuals , but OOTS WILL get played too:drool:

All we expect dramatical changes for the 4th leg... but I´m afraid they won´t change the setlist at all :sad:

Very unlikely, but what I think would be cool -

AUSTRALIAN LEG

01. Love and Peace or Else
02. Vertigo
03. All Because Of You
04. Elevation
05. Sunday Bloody Sunday
06. October
07. New Year's Day
08. Pride (In the Name of Love)
09. One Tree Hill
10. Miracle Drug
11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
12. Dirty Day
13. Bullet the Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Where the Streets Have No Name
16. One

17. Until the End of the World
18. Mofo
19. Fast Cars
20. With or Without You

21. City of Blinding Lights
22. Beautiful Day
23. Electrical Storm
24. 40

S. AMERICAN LEG

01. Love and Peace or Else
02. Vertigo
03. All Because Of You
04. Elevation
05. Even Better Than The Real Thing
06. An Cat Dubh
07. Into the Heart
08. Mothers of the Disappeared
09. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11. Original of the Species
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet the Blue Sky
14. Please
15. Where the Streets Have No Name
16. Pride (In the Name of Love)
17. One

18. Until the End of the World
19. Gone
20. Fast Cars
21. With or Without You

22. City of Blinding Lights
23. Beautiful Day
24. Walk On-40

This is just wishful thinking:)

ponkine said:
All we expect dramatical changes for the 4th leg... but I´m afraid they won´t change the setlist at all :sad:

I don't get your sadness about the setlist, I can understand you might be afraid because they're not performing some songs you really like, but that must not be a problem! I mean, when U2 come, we must be happy with every song they play. If I would pretend all the songs I love, then they'd have to play for 10 hours! Just think at the day you gonna see them, get yourself satisfied with all the songs you gonna hear, and enjoy it more you can. Wait for a great concert you will never forget, don't shot your mind thinking at songs you would like to hear but you will not.................otherwise, you wont be happy during the concert, and you might lose a great great opportunity to share your time with those 4 friends in the best way you can........................

;) ;)

Well, if its a return to stadiums they have no choice but to open with Vertigo again and put COBL up higher in the setlist. The COBL visuals wouldn't quit work when there is still daylight. Hopefully with the return of the stadium setlist we get a triumphant return of New year's day. I missed it on the 3rd leg shows.

Back
Top Bottom