Can one imagine WOWY seguing into Streets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Or is that like, spontaneous combustion?

When I heard the rumor that WOWY would segue into Streets, I pictured this image of me standing in the seats, as Bono sings "I can't live, I can't live... with or without you, with or without... you.... you..." kind of like a Slane Castle moment when AIWY segues into Streets... but I imagined it was all blue, just this 'mystic' type of imagery that pops into your head. I kept thinking that this was going to be a great moment, hell McGuinness said it was going to be Magical :ohmy:

Will this EVER happen?

No.

The best "Streets" segue was on ZooTV:

"Running To Stand Still" - fog - harmonica - intro synthesizers - crowd going crazy - orange TV screens - Larry's drumstick countdown - Edge's Stratocaster

Never surpassed

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
No.

The best "Streets" segue was on ZooTV:

"Running To Stand Still" - fog - harmonica - intro synthesizers - crowd going crazy - orange TV screens - Larry's drumstick countdown - Edge's Stratocaster

Never surpassed

Actually, I thought that please into streets, all i want is you into streets, and bad into streets were all better

Agree about Running into Streets -- perfection! The fact that they didn't need to change the key made the transition perfect. It's always a little jarring to hear on the PopMart and Elevation tours -- they have to change the key and it's just a little "off".

FWIW, I play AIWIY into Streets into WOWY whenever I do living room U2 concerts while playing the guitar. And like U2, I never change that part of my setlist, and I open and close with Vertigo. :lol:

Editted to say that I do close with Love Is Blindness when I'm in a ZooTV kinda mood. :wink:

Last edited:
Hmm...where did you hear that, u2fly?

Personally I don't think it would work, but that's just me. With Or Without You builds a lot toward the end... the energy drop into the beginning of Streets, even though it's only for a few seconds, would kill the whole thing.

I'm still running the "Walk On/Streets" campaign. That would be amazing, I'm convinced.

All I want is you into streets is the best i have seen bar none. The scene at Slane makes me cry its so awesome!

topplehatU2 said:
I was hoping they would do a One Step Closer -> Streets.

That would have been great, even at one point I thought Bullet -> Miracle Drug -> Streets...

With or Without You into Streets would just be... weird. I mean a really "soft" song and then all of a sudden the energy just explodes into Streets?

Wouldn't work.

I actually like the MLK -> Streets that U2 did during the Superbowl. But other than that: All I Want Is You -> Streets is just hauntingly awesome, and Bad - 40 -> Streets is probably the best.

Bullet -> Miracle Drug -> Streets :eyebrow:

I really could not see that work at all

I think they should open an encore with streets OR............ i have envisioned the greatest, yet most impossibly hard segue ever: Beautiful day into streets. The last part as edge is playing the little two note variation on the progression of beautiful day : A Bm D G D A, he would do this for quite some time, then he could add an extra (as to stay in key with with opening of streets), A Bm D------------------ into the organ intro chords of streets followed by larry's drums and edge's riff :drool: :drool:

It would work on the vertigo tour because they've been playing streets in standard tuning agaain, just like BD. The emotional high on BD is incredible, but to segue that into streets would send the crowd into ecstasy, pure ecstasy. I would save it for nights when the crowd was just nuts and to make the call 5 or 6 songs in whether or not to do that segue or just a standard one, because it would be so hard to sustain that feelings on a night when everything isn't clicking, but on a night when things WERE clicking!!!! My god, it would be amazing.

Last edited:
Well... I could see WOWY into Streets... Sort of what like theu2fly said, near the end... Think like Slane, the song slows way down, as to rest the high energy end it normally has, Edge fades out (at this point, him switching to the streets stratocaster), Larry slowing down to just a rim shot and subtle bass, Adam slowing and softening, and Bono belting out "I can't liiiiiiiivvveeee, With or without... yooooooouuuuuuuu (organs) uuuuuuuuuu (Similar to Slane)" Of course, it looks retarded when typed. Imagination :yes:

It would be interesting...

Back
Top Bottom