Brisbane Rehearsals: Promotion of Boy songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
I know a fair amount of people attending the upcoming shows have expressed the desire for U2 to re-introduce some Boy songs after they were dropped in South America. I really think it might stay this way come next week too.

For anyone planning attending the Brisbane rehearsals (assuming there are some!), I think we should make a push for them to play a couple (or even one!) Boy songs. Its a shame they dropped them as they would work in so well back-to-back with Vertigo.

Chances are we'll get our opportunity to let them know and it would be great if we could! What do you think? If a few of us mentioned it to them we might get somewhere...

Id really like to see them do this at the start:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Out of Control/Electric Co/I Will Follow (rotation)
Elevation
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
etc....

I certainly agree that we should encourage them to do the Boy songs, ESPECIALLY THE ELECTRIC CO.! It's the tour's highlight and I really hope they play it.

Also, I think we should drop hints to the band to play Slow Dancing. It is currently the only U2 b-side to have been performed on every tour since its debut. However, it is yet to be performed on Vertigo. Will it retain its record ...

Axver said:
I certainly agree that we should encourage them to do the Boy songs, ESPECIALLY THE ELECTRIC CO.! It's the tour's highlight and I really hope they play it.

Also, I think we should drop hints to the band to play Slow Dancing. It is currently the only U2 b-side to have been performed on every tour since its debut. However, it is yet to be performed on Vertigo. Will it retain its record ...

eletric co and Slow Dancin at same show

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Encouraged

Axver said:

Nope. :wink:

I agree Electric Co should return. I have my doubts it will though. Based on how U2 typically works I would expect a setlist similiar to what was done in S. America with maybe a few tweaks here and there. I guess what the tweaks are is the big question.

bono_man said:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Out of Control/Electric Co/I Will Follow (rotation)
Elevation
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
etc....

South America tweaked.

:wink:

Last edited:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day

meh...i dont even want it to change that much. i thought the south america setlist structure was quite good except for the lack of a boy tune. i really like the idea of it just after vertigo too, vertigo has a few references to the boy-era so i think it works in well.

mention it if you get the chance!

I hope U2 dont do many changes at all I mean all the south american Setlists rocked dont mess with whats good....

hey u lucky aussie gits are probably gonna get window in the skies for the first time!

I would like to see Running to standstill back in the set, maybe in rotation with Miss Sarajevo.
I also really hope they play Walk On. That would be awesome, and to me it doesn't seem too unrealistic that an extra song from ATYCLB sneaks its way into the set. BD, Elevation and im sure Stuck... will be played at some stage in Australia, and maybe we see Walk On.

Of the boy songs I would love to hear Out of Control and The Electric Co., I have no complaints if they dont play I Will Follow.

Like I said before,

I think putting some Boy songs with Saints after Vertigo would be a great set to open with.

Back
Top Bottom