Boston Shakeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Is it me, or are the Boston shows gonna be shaken up a lot? The second night will def. get a shake up that is for sure.

SMB

Considering the lack of shakeup in October, I should hope so.
Get the sequencers, the synthesizers and the disco ball ready.
Encore hopes:
17. The First Time......
18. MOFO
19. The Fly
20. Out of Control
Break
21. Crumbs
22. Bad/People got the power
23. 40 (in full)

It's really not out of the question. Why would they keep rehearsing Mofo if they weren't gonna play it?
Plus, imagine ending First Time with Edge walking away, back to the stage, and Bono staying out on the ellipse just singing "but for the first time, i feel..(begin mofo) LOOOOVVVVVE!!!!!"
And then, 20,000 people get their asses kicked by 4 Irishmen.
The end.

If anything, new Achtung Baby songs... and possibly, Discotheque or MOFO...

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Mysterous Ways
Until the End Of The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One

MOFO
Discotheque
With Or Without You

Fast Cars
Stuck In A Moment
Bad

there have been a lot of shake ups to both the beginning and the end of the setlist lately, which is good to see.

i dont think we'll see any more new songs on this leg though.

yeah maybe the wanderer, but id be surprised to see anything else "pop" up from the "pop" "album" "."

"that" "pop" "album" "might" "pop" "up" "a" "surprise" "at" "M.""S.""G." "or" "the" "TDBacknorthgardenfleetcenterbostongarden" "it" "wouldnt" "surprise" "me" "!"

" """"""""""""

don't think the wanderer will be played. it's not like johnny cash has passed away "real" recently or anything....just the tribute thing happened recently.

I think if anything, Boston and MSG might get a little suprise like Please or Discoteche

I don't think you'll get any SHOCKERS:shocked: like Dirty Day or something real old like Exit.....

those would make 20,000 people collectively faint.

I think Boston will see a new song after Bullet the Blue Sky. Maybe RTSS will return.... I always thought PLEASE would sound awesome after that Human Rights video

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
I think Boston will see a new song after Bullet the Blue Sky. Maybe RTSS will return.... I always thought PLEASE would sound awesome after that Human Rights video

SMB

definitely - i couldn't agree more

well it is rather wasteful not to go and play the wanderer after that rehersal...

if madison doesn't get anything.. nowhere will, period.

Miricale_Drug said:
well it is rather wasteful not to go and play the wanderer after that rehersal...

if madison doesn't get anything.. nowhere will, period.

I definitely think the fourth leg will see some Mofo.

Shawn Bonneau said:
Boston and New York City are the likely cities to get new songs.

After what we saw (or didn't see) in the last NYC shows, I don't recommend holding your breath for that in Boston! I know I'm not.

Boston will get either The Wanderer, Out of Control, Mofo or The Unforgettable Fire. I hope perhaps a full version of MLK and Zoo Station/The Fly back.

SMB

why do people think the unforgettable fire is going to be played? i don't get it. mofo won't come out until the fourth leg. out of control is possible but theyve already played it in boston.

the wanderer is the best bet for a new song in beantown

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Considering the lack of shakeup in October, I should hope so.
Get the sequencers, the synthesizers and the disco ball ready.
Encore hopes:
17. The First Time......
18. MOFO
19. The Fly
20. Out of Control
Break
21. Crumbs
22. Bad/People got the power
23. 40 (in full)

It's really not out of the question. Why would they keep rehearsing Mofo if they weren't gonna play it?
Plus, imagine ending First Time with Edge walking away, back to the stage, and Bono staying out on the ellipse just singing "but for the first time, i feel..(begin mofo) LOOOOVVVVVE!!!!!"
And then, 20,000 people get their asses kicked by 4 Irishmen.
The end.

Oh man, I usually hate it when people make up setlists, as they're usually complete crap, or wouldn't fit at all. But this...

Deceiving the audience with a light "The First Time", and then kicking their arse by leading (brilliantly) into Mofo... then The Fly...

OOC and Crumbs I could do without, they are pretty good but I might like to replace OOC with UTEOTW. Then Bad and 40 ending the show... :drool:

This NEEDS to be played.

Back
Top Bottom