Best version of the Fly = Vertigo tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drt4

The Fly
I would have never thought they would outdo the Fly from the ZooTV tour, but this version just rocks more than ever. The way Larry's drum pound after the "It's no secret at all" line is awesome every time. And Edge's guitar on the outro is crazier than ever. And the Elevation version was cool with the "gotta go, gotta go" ending, but it still did not rock quite as much. I mean, it is an awesome song no matter what, but I just think these Vertigo versions are better than ever.

Discuss.

Hell yeah! This tour's version of The Fly is absolutely amazing - they've nailed it.

Elevation is still my favorite, but any version of the Fly rocks.

I watch The Fly on the Boston DVD and it blows me away every time. The extended intro is delicious, and then it just kicks your ass. I gotta watch it again now.

The only thing that matters on the fly is when bono forgets to sing and starts speaking the song, otherwise this version is surely the most rocking one. This is a song they everytime increase, Elevation version was better than zoo tv version, vertigo version is better than elevation version........................wonder how´s gonna be for the next tour??
:hmm:

:drool:

The Fly frustrates me, my perfect version would be the slow intro from Elevation, into the funky drumming version of Vertigo, into the solo of Zoo TV back into the CHANGE ending of Vertigo.... Oh and the F bomb in one man's lie....

Top tune though.... on leg two with the big screen it was retina scorching.....

Yeah , The Fly ( Vertigo version ) is sooo cool!
Shame they don`t play it much on the 3rd leg , was a highlight at the 3 shows I went.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I really like the way Larry`s drums come in when Edge`s guitar is in reverb at the beginning:drool:

The guitar in the chorus of the Elevation version (same chords as the slow intro) is delicious.

Musically, I think the Vertigo tour version kicks ass and is the best.

But overall, I think I'll still go with ZOOTV, the way Bono sang it made it great, plus he got all the lyrics right most of the time :wink:

:yes: I only think the ending was the best on Elevation tour, otherwise I agree. I didn't think they'd bring it back or improve it after Elevation but they did.

I can't wait to hear them play it here in Miami!:hyper: :hyper:
Oh, Wait....that's right, I forgot that we're stuck in an encore and we can't get out of it...nevermind! :mad:

Last edited:
salim117 said:
I can't wait to hear them play it here in Miami!:hyper: :hyper:
Oh, Wait....that's right, I forgot that we're stuck in an encore and we can't get out of it...nevermind! :mad:
but you dont know? they have played it once this leg, so there is a chance

drt4 said:
I would have never thought they would outdo the Fly from the ZooTV tour, but this version just rocks more than ever. The way Larry's drum pound after the "It's no secret at all" line is awesome every time. And Edge's guitar on the outro is crazier than ever. And the Elevation version was cool with the "gotta go, gotta go" ending, but it still did not rock quite as much. I mean, it is an awesome song no matter what, but I just think these Vertigo versions are better than ever.

Discuss.

Oh Man....I wish I could see that song live till the end of the tour...they doesnt seem to play it anymore...:(

Back
Top Bottom