Best Song of Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my best of

has to be a top 5 for me

best regular rotation songs:
1. Electric Co
2. The Fly
3. Ms Sarajevo
4. City of Blinding Lights
4. Yahweh

best encore subs:
1. Crumbs
2. Bad
3. Wild Horses (full band)

best covers:
1. Love Wont Tear Us Apart
2. Instant Karma

best monologue during Sunday Bloody Sunday: Detroit Oct 25

best Bullet solo, new version: Toronto September 14

best duet: One with Mary J Blige

best opening act:
1. Damian Marley
2. Keane

best performance by fan:
1. Party Girl guy in Pittsburgh
2. EXIT

honorable mention to Arcade Fire because I didnt actually get to see their set, I was working..

Last edited:
Has to be The Electric Co. for me @ Manchester 1 (..."nice one The Edge..") followed by Zoo Station / The Fly encore:seeing / hearing that again in a Stadium is just pure magic.

Electric Co.
The Fly
Running to Stand Still
Miss Sarajevo
and Love and Peace

Zoo Station on the second leg- hands down... really, really mindblowing. Compared to Chicago's DVD, where drums are really weak in the beginning of the song, the intro on the stadium shows was one of the best experiences in my life, so powerful and rocking! Also zoo station was visually the best moment- zooropa-communism theme (one of the coolest things they've ever done on tour IMO), Bono's face seen on the giant screen, acting, Edge rocking out etc. Can't wait to see it again on Milan DVD!

Zooropean103 said:
Zoo Station on the second leg- hands down... really, really mindblowing. Compared to Chicago's DVD, where drums are really weak in the beginning of the song, the intro on the stadium shows was one of the best experiences in my life, so powerful and rocking!

Definitely agree there. Larry absolutely comes crashing into the song. One of the best moments of the concert.

Best song on tour though would have to be The Electric Co., with The Fly, Zoo Station and Discotheque close behind.

These are my top 5

1. Discotheque
2. Electric Co
3. Zoo Station
4. The Fly
5. Miracle Drug

and how many of these songs are still in the setlist?

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

A song that I was not otherwise crazy about happened to be the one that I thought went down the best live -

Love and Peace Or Else -

so much raw, rocking energy!!!

ive seen every song played this tour except in a little while (but i have seen bono sing it like 9234832 times after i still havent found) and discotheque is the highlight of it for me with the popmuzik intro. fast cars was also awesome, city of blinding lights, until the end of the world with the ellipse chase is bitching, love and peace or else, vertigo, bad... i could go on and on, but i think the best song of the tour was discotheque. unfortuantly only played twice.

SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN

Bono sings his heart out... always amazing to watch him out there. It looks like his throat might explode. Awesome.

I think this song sums up the tour.

But my favorite song is MIRACLE DRUG, but I don't know if it was the "best" song. It's just mine.

The Fly... no contest.
Blows all the other versions out of the clear blue sky...

The Electric Co., Love and Peace or Else, City of Blinding Lights and Zoo Station are right behind it.
Discotheque an honorable mention.

Electric co, The Fly, Love and peace or else, Fast cars, First time are my top 5 - in no particular order.

I can't choose between them

Zoo Station - was the best by far at the concert I went to.

Discotheque - Best arrangement

The Fly - For the Edge's performance.

Vertigo (encore) - for sheer impact and crowd stirring ability.

Haha...that`s easy Electric Co:drool: :drool: :drool:
All hands down for Mr The Edge for blowing the roof of each night:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

1.zoo station
2.city of blinding lights
3.the fly
4.electric co.
5 elevation live in Milano 20-07-2005.....pure energy!!!!

twochordcool said:
A song that I was not otherwise crazy about happened to be the one that I thought went down the best live -

Love and Peace Or Else -

I have to agree here. This song came alive for me once I heard it live.

But Miss Sarajevo is a tremendous surprise as well.

And Zoo Station/The Fly was awesome in Boston in May, sounded better than the first time around.

Electric Co, Miss Sarajevo, City of Blinding Lights(because its at the start and sets the mood for the concert so well), Until the End of the World, Streets.

And Gloria. I LOVED seeing Gloria. I hadn't seen it live before.

The First Time encore in Pittsburgh...

The best would be Streets though. My absolute favorite song they perform live.

And Yahweh sounds much better live than on the album!

1. Streets
2. COBL
3. Yahweh
4. "40"
5. The First Time
:heart:

Back
Top Bottom