Best live version of The Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the best live version of The Fly

• Zoo Tv

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • Elevation Tour

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • Vertigo Tour

Votes: 33 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't beat the Zoo TV tour... just a classic, the music was right on key, and Bono was sarcastic and sexy at the same time.

I'm torn! Vertigo's The Fly has such a kick arse intro and overall feel...but Zoo TV was a complete sensory and musical mindfuck. In the end, I've given Zoo TV the slight upperhand, but it was very hard to decide.

Elevation... and even though I know "to each his own," I don't understand how anyone who loves the harder, heavier edge of U2 (no pun intended) could pick anything else.

I love the intro on the Vertigo version, when they get it right (the guitar echoing as Larry's funky drums cut... pretty cool).

But the delicate intro of 2001, into that absolutely BRUTAL riff was one of the sickest, nastiest, most evil moments U2 has ever pulled off.

And the ending was just devastating as well.

I've seen 'em all live, as well as on the videos and in audios. The vidi-walls of Zoo TV were swell, the Vertigo presentation is nice, but the Elevation take is one of my top-20 favorite live-U2 moments.

They are all great versions of The Fly but I think the Elevation Tour's version was the best. It was the most re-worked version. I really liked the new intro they had as well as it was played in a different key I think. It was a very hard rock version more so than Zoo TV and Vertigo. The screen visuals for The Fly during the Elevation Tour were great as well. I loved the Gotta Go ending as well. Earlier in the Elevation tour Bono would jump right into the audience after The Fly but they stopped that pretty quickly.

Elevation without a doubt.
Why?
Soft intro then slamming into the song
"Gotta Go" echo
Bono on the screen at the end

Best moment of Boston DVD

I gotta go, I'm runnin' outta change!!

I don't see what the big deal about the Vertigo performances is. The Elevation version kills it. I guess people really like the echo thing at the beginning?

typhoon said:
I don't see what the big deal about the Vertigo performances is. The Elevation version kills it. I guess people really like the echo thing at the beginning?

The echo thing is awesome, the drumming is awesome...the vocals are better....about the only thing that the Elevation version has over it is the intro and the visuals.

It was tight as I love the arrangement on the Vertigo tour............ but I have to say the Elevation Tour arrangement gets it for me.

Back
Top Bottom