Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Now that the tour is confirmed but not official, is there a possibility of Australia getting some rare live songs on our setlists? Like to make up for 10 years of absence?

I'll say that New Zealand's chances of One Tree Hill look good, as it will be twenty years since the death of Greg Carroll. If U2 are feeling really generous, they might pull out Van Diemen's Land in Australia but they didn't on ZooTV or Popmart - even though it had been played earlier in the ZooTV tour on rare occasions!

With what should prove to be a three month gap between the end of the third leg and commencement of the fourth, you'd expect that U2 would spend some time practicing some new songs. I hope New Zealand gets some Pop material to make up for being snubbed on Popmart - NZ was initially listed in early Popmart programmes but it failed to eventuate.

Though for now, I'll be conservative and predict maybe we'll get two or three different songs.

Last edited:
U2Man said:
confirmed but not official? :confused:

Yes, tour's confirmed and we're waiting on a formal announcement of dates, prices, etc.

If Zoo TV is anything to go by, we should be in for some suprises one would think.

I'm hoping for

Electrical Storm
Discotheque
Something else off Pop (Gone?...for 'Hutch'?..even though we have stuck)

and even though Crumbs, Fast Cars, First Time, Walk On have all been played in the states, I hope we get those too.

bono_man2002 said:
If Zoo TV is anything to go by, we should be in for some suprises one would think.

I'm hoping for

Electrical Storm
Discotheque

and even though Crumbs, Fast Cars, First Time, Walk On have all been played in the states, I hope we get those too.

Popmart didn't prove to be quite as surprising but we did get a regular Bad, and MLK for Hutchence. I'd love Gone to reappear. Not only would it be appropriate, but I'd be excited beyond belief! That was the first of the three songs in the process that converted me to a fanatic.

I see One Tree Hill taking ISHFWILF's or The First Time's spot

and Gone maybe swapping with Elevation, that would kick ass

Gone --> Electric Co. :drool:

'In A Little While' thanks! We got Hanson doing it on their tour - now lets see the real deal!! It's a safe bet we'll get most of the ATYCLB singles...

bono_man2002 said:

I'm hoping for

Electrical Storm
Discotheque

I'd say no chance of Electrical Storm being played.

One Tree Hillm according to U2.com was snippeted during One in San Francisco last night. Is there anyone who was there that can confirm this?

neilm said:
One Tree Hillm according to U2.com was snippeted during One in San Francisco last night. Is there anyone who was there that can confirm this?

Check out the Audio/Video forum, there's already video from a mobile phone. :drool:

With three months before the presumed third leg, maybe they'll go all Zooropa on us. :hmm:

We can hope, right?

By the way, I keep hearing rumors about NA during the summer. First there was that Fenway Park rumor. Now there's the rumor on U2tours.com about Montreal. And I remember reading a few weeks ago in either the Chicago Tribune or Sun-Times that after the successful Rolling Stones concert at Soldier Field, a "big-name act" has approached the city about doing a concert there.

Imagine if they played an awesome show, the most awesome ever, and with one song to go, you think it couldn't get any better. And then...

I was drinking some wine...

I've been reading Until The End Of The World, and just finished the chapter about Australia. Do you think Bono has outgrown has mischievous sea faring ways?

Back
Top Bottom