Ask the setlist generork.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drowning Man was snippeted in Red Rocks, in 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.
Just one line: "Hold on tightly!" during the riff.

Axver said:

Oooh, tough one. I presume you mean full performances only?

Scarlet
Like A Song
So Cruel was sung in full just once, and was only done by Bono, not the full band
If God Will Send His Angels was only done in full once

I feel like I have missed something ...

Holy Joe

liamcool said:
You should really check your files, Axver....find something from...the censored word.

:up: Thanks for the song!

And yeah, living in Australia doesn't help when you're looking for iTunes.

Just one of the reasons why I don't like U2 working with them. U2 have a worldwide audience; they shouldn't restrict the availability of their songs to only a few certain countries. At least I can import stuff like the 7 EP and the band still profit, but the only way to get the Complete U2 was ... by means not profitable to the band.

U2girl said:
How many times was the longer snippet of Peace on Earth (like 27 November 2001) done on the Elevation tour?

Honestly, I don't know. I only know when it was snippeted before Walk On, not how long the actual snippet was.

djerdap said:
Drowning Man was snippeted in Red Rocks, in 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.
Just one line: "Hold on tightly!" during the riff.

Ah, I'd never even thought of that being from Drowning Man!

Hey Axver, I know U2 has never played Acrobat. But do you know the reason or could you come up with a reason for this stupid mistake?? :eyebrow:

BANZAI said:
Hey Axver, I know U2 has never played Acrobat. But do you know the reason or could you come up with a reason for this stupid mistake?? :eyebrow:

It is a completely inexplicable mistake and U2 should rectify this error immediately.

Axver said:
The long version? I've been looking for that for a while and never found it! I was hoping one of my friends would buy the Complete U2 on iTunes and make an MP3 copy for me, but they never did get the Complete U2 ...

Sent it to you and the other user that requested it........I have all but five or six tracks that are on The Complete U2.......U2MP3s.com is a nice place to go for a lot of that stuff........although I think I've seen you there before........

BigMacPhisto said:

Sent it to you and the other user that requested it........I have all but five or six tracks that are on The Complete U2.......U2MP3s.com is a nice place to go for a lot of that stuff........although I think I've seen you there before........

:up: Thanks heaps!

I have been over to U2MP3s.com but not in months ...

Well, you're always welcome back..........we just got a bitchin' new forum.......and I and some other folks have been known to post lots of rare videos...:drool:

I'm a creature of habit - I stick to Interference and LiveJournal. If I ever manage to clear the backlog of comments on LJ that I need to reply to, I shall then broaden my messageboard horizons again!

liamcool said:
Hey Axver, is there anything Pre Boy you need, because I'm downloading a fair bit of that stuff now and I can supply and demand.

Hmm. I have the Contract Demos, but is there more studio material out there?

Indeed there is.

Demos

1. Inside Out
2. Tonight
3. False Prophet
4. Alone In The Light
5. Trevor
6. Jack In The Box
7. The Magic Carpet
8. Out Of Control
9. Another Time Another Place
10. Twilight
11. A Day Without Me
12. The Fool
13. Street Mission
14. Shadows And Tall Trees
15. The Dream Is Over
16. Boy / Girl
17. Stories For Boys
18. Out Of Control

Skinner Session

1. I Will Follow
2. Electric Co.
3. An Cat Dubh
4. Into The Heart

Those are the songs I've either got or are downloading now.

Last edited:
liamcool said:
Indeed there is.

Demos

1. Inside Out
2. Tonight
3. False Prophet
4. Alone In The Light
5. Trevor
6. Jack In The Box
7. The Magic Carpet
8. Out Of Control
9. Another Time Another Place
10. Twilight
11. A Day Without Me
12. The Fool
13. Street Mission
14. Shadows And Tall Trees
15. The Dream Is Over
16. Boy / Girl
17. Stories For Boys
18. Out Of Control

Skinner Session

1. I Will Follow
2. Electric Co.
3. An Cat Dubh
4. Into The Heart

Those are the songs I've either got or are downloading now.

:drool:

Are you acquiring these as MP3s or lossless? I try to avoid MP3 when I can, you see.

Hello, André! I don't really know why I read this entire thread. I should be reading Truman. Perhaps that's why I read it! Anyway. Let's make this post relevant. I asked you a setlist question on your LJ the other day! So...go answer it! Yay!

purplicious said:
Hello, André! I don't really know why I read this entire thread. I should be reading Truman. Perhaps that's why I read it! Anyway. Let's make this post relevant. I asked you a setlist question on your LJ the other day! So...go answer it! Yay!

Hello, Kate! I know why you read the entire thread - you're mastering procrastination, of course.

And so am I. Maybe I'll answer your question in a few months.

Axver, when have u2 performed a original song prior to it's being recorded/released?

I can only think of a couple: When Love Comes to Town(w/BB) "I Love You" in Italy 2001 and the Irish TV program where they did "Womanfish" in 86/87.

Obviously, excludes pre-release promo when they do songs a couple weeks before they release an album.

U2FP

Back
Top Bottom