are YOU ready for the ACROBAT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacobus

Refugee
are YOU ready for the ACROBAT ? I am ready for it !
please sign the online petition for the ACROBAT live on vertigo tour
http://www.petitiononline.com/qv3d4382/petition.html

thank you

I'm not ready for Axver to shit his pants if they play "Acrobat."

No matter how much everyone would like to hear it, I think we've all got more chance of Axver shitting his pants than we have of U2 putting Acrobat into their set unfortunately:(

Yeah, Acrobat isn't getting played until the band hires me as its setlist coordinator. And I'm busy until at least 2007.

There is a chance that they could fit Acrobat into the show's theme, by taking a cynical tone on politicians, for instance, in regard to human rights and Africa (talk like this and act like that).

But the song is so bleak, so destructive, that it's hard to play anything after it. And they like to end their sets on a high note. I think it would be a great challenge to the audience to end at least the main set with something like Acrobat>Hawkmoon or Hawkmoon>Acrobat, and just let Edge demolish everything... but I think they like to get everybody "up."

Ending with the Fly on Elevation was about the closest they've come to that approach (outside of closing shows with Love Is Blindness, which was very ballsy). But you'll notice, they've often returned to Pride as a main set closer, choosing an uplifting, spiritually affirming and uniting song.

broken toy said:
There is a chance that they could fit Acrobat into the show's theme, by taking a cynical tone on politicians, for instance, in regard to human rights and Africa (talk like this and act like that).

It actually has something in common with Crumbs when you mention the the chorus. The songs are comletely different musically but maybe there's some weird transition they could figure out.

Plus it would get another new song onto the setlist...

1. Last Night On Earth
2. Zoo Station
3. Acrobat
4. Until The End Of The World

Now THAT is how you open a U2 concert.

"Last Night on Earth" is just as good an arena rocker as "Gone"...........surprised that they couldn't play it well enough live, or cared enough to bring it back on the Elevation Tour.....

and it had that kickass intro too

I went looking, there's so much to see
I went looking
I went looking for spirit, found alcohol
I went looking for soul, I bought some style
I wanted to meet God but you sold me religion
:drool: :drool: :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
and it had that kickass intro too

I went looking, there's so much to see
I went looking
I went looking for spirit, found alcohol
I went looking for soul, I bought some style
I wanted to meet God but you sold me religion
:drool: :drool: :drool:

My favorite intro to anysong ever!!!:bow:

No WAY! Acrobat needs to be played just before the first or second break! Gives everyone a chance to recuperate before the 'encores'! :wink:

nobody reads this

blahblahblah said:
No WAY! Acrobat needs to be played just before the first or second break! Gives everyone a chance to recuperate before the 'encores'! :wink:

who cares where they play it... it only matteras that THEY HAVE TO PLAY IT !!!!!!

let us die happy...

Well, I would rather have been blown away at a show, then suddenly reach orgasm hearing Acrobat, personally...:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom