Anyone ever want "Pride" to close the show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
It sounds like a good closer, and they way it's played, sounds almost like it's a good, goodbye anthem...

I wouldn't mind it closing the show.

victor_f said:
like R&H, fallowed by all i want is you playback?

I don't know how it would end... but the crowd singing the "Oh oh oh oh" part would be pretty bomb... and then the band would exit the stage like they have with 40.

As a matter of fact, Pride has closed a couple of full U2 concerts, on the Australian leg of Lovetown.

I personally think it works better as a main set closer rather than a concert closer.

Forget closing the show.....an acoustic version of Pride is the way to go. I'm biased since I heard a local band play a two-guitar version of the song recently and it sounded absolutely gorgeous when slowed down and quieted. It sort of had the same effect that the acoustic Sunday Bloody Sunday did on the PopMart tour.

would like to see "Out of Control" close the show, especially after hearing the Dublin version.

Cassis said:

it would make you wanna leave then, so it would be a good closer

:lol:

I personally enjoyed Pride immensely in Boston. It's sounding great this tour, unlike those horrific Popmart performances.

Aygo said:
No Pride as closer... We want '40' back!
I hope they close Lisbon gig with Yahweh/40 and not a twiced-Vertigo!

or at croker 3... best ending... they did what they wanted and did vertigo twice... but gave us what we wanted with yahweh/40 :wink:

I want something big to close the show - a U2 classic. Not Pride, but something else. Not 40 either, its too much of a letdown. Maybe Bad or Streets or something like that.

matt_tx00 said:
I want something big to close the show - a U2 classic. Not Pride, but something else. Not 40 either, its too much of a letdown. Maybe Bad or Streets or something like that.

Yeah...I don't know why, but I was just thinking that Please-Streets would be awesome to close a show...even with the African flags! :wink:

Nisse said:
SBS wasn't acoustic, it was just Edge solo.

Thank you for pointing this out as this is one of my pet peeves. Where along the line did it get labeled as acoustic? He's playing a freakin' Les Paul then rips into Bullet with it. I know it's not an acoustic version of Bullet. :)

Now if we want to get technical, The Fly this tour is an acoustic version. :wink:

Cassis said:

it would make you wanna leave then, so it would be a good closer

That's a great point. If Pride was closing the show, I would leave early. I would wear my shirt that says "I hate the song Pride" on the back, so the band would know why I was leaving.

Aygo said:
No Pride as closer... We want '40' back!
I hope they close Lisbon gig with Yahweh/40 and not a twiced-Vertigo!

Dream on. Its a one night show. What else are you going to get but the standard first night setlist? You are setting yourself up for major dissapointment by expecting anything else.

Back
Top Bottom