Anyone else slightly disappointed with Hawaii set-list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
:lol:

I had no expectations going in. Was just hoping for OTH - that would have been the icing on the cake for me. And I think many of us would have been in tears, literally.
tearsofjoy.gif

And for those who were curious if there were deviations, here's a copy of the setlist Maddy got:

U2setlist12-9-06.jpg
I'm happy to see they didn't cut anything due to the addition of Wild Horses.

But yeah, OTH would have gotten a huge response with all of the diehards at that show. Oh well, it was a brilliant show regardless.

boston2012 said:
7. 40... How could this not be the final song??

Because it's been done to DEATH! Ending with All I Want Is You made the show special b/c they've ended so few shows with it. I knew the second I heard the opening notes of I Will Follow (another one that's been done to DEATH) that we weren't going to get Bad, Out of Control, Electric Co (does it just take too much out of Edge to play this one consistently???) or Gloria and then when I Still Haven't Found... started my hopes for One Tree Hill were dashed.

But I still thought the show was great and I had a great time! Oh, and, the curfew was sufficiently F'ed!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Anyone else slightly disappointed with Hawaii set-list?

westendgirl said:
knew the second I heard the opening notes of I Will Follow (another one that's been done to DEATH) that we weren't going to get Bad, Out of Control, Electric Co (does it just take too much out of Edge to play this one consistently???) or Gloria and then when I Still Haven't Found... started my hopes for One Tree Hill were dashed.

:huh:

IWF has had no impact on Bad being played and ISHFWILF had none on OTH. I don't know what you're getting at here. Now, when you heard the opening notes of LAPOE, then you could start to question if Bad or OTH were coming, but they weren't fully written off until the opening notes of AIWIY, seeing they've both been closers lately.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else slightly disappointed with Hawaii set-list?

Axver said:

:huh:

IWF has had no impact on Bad being played and ISHFWILF had none on OTH. I don't know what you're getting at here. Now, when you heard the opening notes of LAPOE, then you could start to question if Bad or OTH were coming, but they weren't fully written off until the opening notes of AIWIY, seeing they've both been closers lately.
What I'm saying is that I could tell early in the set that we weren't going to get many surprises with this show other than what we already knew to be "surprises." Those of us in the GA line already knew that Billy Joe and PJ were going to be performing with U2 and those were the extent of the surprises for this show. Not Bad, Not One Tree Hill or one of the other classics that rarely made an appearance at these last few shows.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone else slightly disappointed with Hawaii set-list?

westendgirl said:
What I'm saying is that I could tell early in the set that we weren't going to get many surprises with this show other than what we already knew to be "surprises." Those of us in the GA line already knew that Billy Joe and PJ were going to be performing with U2 and those were the extent of the surprises for this show. Not Bad, Not One Tree Hill or one of the other classics that rarely made an appearance at these last few shows.

But I'm confused as to how you could say IWF affected that, as it's been played at half of OTH's appearances. The setlist spots for IWF and ISHFWILF aren't even where the rarities have shown up anyway at most shows this leg (Out Of Control excluded). Now, when Angel Of Harlem kicked in, then you could write off one obvious spot for OTH, or some other infrequently played tune like Stuck In A Moment (not that I'd want to hear that, personally!).

Though now I see what you're getting at.

Back
Top Bottom