Anybody else wish Elevation, SBS, NYD, Bullet would go away?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDFan

The Fly
I don't get why elevation is still being played. This new version sucks and it was the tour opener last time. Sunday Bloody Sunday should be retired and Please should be played in it's place. After all, isn't Please the updated version of that song? Everybody has got to be tired of New Year's Day. The new Bullet sucks. Where's the part at the end?

I'd also drop mysterious ways.

They need to drop these five songs and substitute these:

Bad
Until the End of the World
Crumbs From your table
Please
Original of the Species (album verion)

I could do without pride also. I actually worked up a cool set the other day.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
All Because of YOu
Electric Co.
Gloria or another early song
Beautiful Day
Kite
Gone
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Please
Bad
Running to Stand Still
Streets

Zoo Station or Acrobat if they ever decide to play that
The Fly
Crumbs

Original of the Species
One
Until The End of the World
Yaehweh

I think this seems realistic. Here is the breakdown:

Boy 1
October 1
War 1
U.F. 1
Joshua Tree 2
Achtung Baby 4
Pop 2
ATYCLB 2
HTDAAB 9

Elevation? yes

Sunday Bloody Sunday? never

New Year's Day? never

Bullet the Blue Sky? wouldn't bother me if dropped

MDFan said:
I don't get why elevation is still being played. This new version sucks and it was the tour opener last time. Sunday Bloody Sunday should be retired and Please should be played in it's place. After all, isn't Please the updated version of that song? Everybody has got to be tired of New Year's Day. The new Bullet sucks. Where's the part at the end?

I'd also drop mysterious ways.

They need to drop these five songs and substitute these:

Bad
Until the End of the World
Crumbs From your table
Please
Original of the Species (album verion)

I could do without pride also. I actually worked up a cool set the other day.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
All Because of YOu
Electric Co.
Gloria or another early song
Beautiful Day
Kite
Gone
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Please
Bad
Running to Stand Still
Streets

Zoo Station or Acrobat if they ever decide to play that
The Fly
Crumbs

Original of the Species
One
Until The End of the World
Yaehweh

I think this seems realistic. Here is the breakdown:

Boy 1
October 1
War 1
U.F. 1
Joshua Tree 2
Achtung Baby 4
Pop 2
ATYCLB 2
HTDAAB 9

That would be an awesome setlist if they'd ever do it. One thing, though... I'd probably keep SBS, that song has great energy live and it's one of their most well known songs. I'd love to hear your setlist minus The electric co. that song sucks. Pretty much everything off of boy sounds kind of amateurish when I listen to it now. They should definitely keep crumbs and OOTS on the list every night, it's good to hear new stuff, It seems as though they've been playing the same songs for the past 18 years. They've played Pride, New Year's Day and Bullet at every concert I can think of.

How are people sick of "Sunday, Bloody Sunday," "New Year's Day," and "Bullet the Blue Sky," but not "Bad" and "Until the End of the World"?

I think they all need a rest.

I don't think Sunday Bloody Sunday should be dropped entirely, but the song does lose a lot of its power the more often it is played. That song used to be my favorite U2 song. I thought it was so powerful. Now I've heard it so many times I'm just kind of ambivalent about the song. It would be nice if the band played it every other show or something like that. Maybe even every three shows. Ditto for New Year's Day.

Elevation and Bullet the Blue Sky should be dropped immediately. Those two songs are a waste of limited slots in the setlist. I would like to see Elevation replaced with something else from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Stuck in a Moment, Kite, In a Little While, or Walk On would all make good additions to the setlist. Bullet could make room for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, With or Without You, Bad, In God's Country, or Until the End of the World. One way or another I feel that those two songs, particularly Elevation, are dragging the setlist down.

C'mon people....stop crying :scream: over a couple songs in the setlist. These kind of threads are getting really really old.

I wouldn't be at all bothered by Bullet, SBS, NYD, and Elevation's presence in the setlist except that there are a lot of really great U2 songs that are being snubbed on this tour like Bad, With or Without You, I Will Follow, Original of the Species (until yesterday), Crumbs, One Step Closer, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Electrical Storm, etc. If U2 added about five songs to their setlist I would have any complaints.

If it were up to me, I would drop every song from the 1990's (yes, including ones from Actung Baby) and from Elevation, and replace them with songs from Boy, October and War. Keep SBS, NYD, add Gloria, A Celebration, Out of Control, Surrender, and I would throw in In God's Country and Running to Stand Still for good measure!

unosdostres14 said:
C'mon people....stop crying :scream: over a couple songs in the setlist. These kind of threads are getting really really old.

I'm a paying customer. I can complain all I want as long as I buy a ticket to a concert. I think these setlists have sucked.

I dont know, but after hearing the last few nights on bootleg, if they get rid of ELECTRIC CO I will be pissed.

They finally nailed it completely and it rocks.

Well I went to LA 1 and 2, no way "New Year's Day" will be dropped, at least not for L.A. crowds.

I dunno, I think maybe because the crowd was so into it, on LA 2, Adam felt like walking the ellipse catwalk during it. He only walked the ellipse during "Streets" on LA 1.

"New Years Day" is one of my favourite U2 songs, I'm not sick of it.

Last edited:
If this was the Elevation tour, I would totally agree about dropping Pride - it sounded really tired that tour. However - it absolutely ripped at the first San Jose show - totally surprised me! New Year's Day is also really strong this time around.

i agree, i wouldnt mind seeing all of these songs go

replace elevation with last night on earth
replace sbs with please
replace new years day with dirty day
replace bullet with god part II
replace pride with OOTS

if they did that i would be in heaven :drool:

and whoever said to stop playing all 90's songs, you're a wacko in need of some good meds :wink:

Originally posted by rastacruz

New Year's Day? never

Agree 100 % % % ...
New Years Day is one U2 song that should always be played at their concerts. I can never get enough of this song ... there will never be another song like this one ..... EVER !!
A CLASSIC AWESOME SONG, indeed !! :drool: :drool:
So, for those of you who think New Years Day should be dropped from this tour ... Well, you must be losing your mind !! :coocoo:

Alot of us want these classics dropped or rotated but when you go into the arena and hear the opening chords of NYD, SBS, BBS, or Pride you'll be in total :drool: . Its sounds boring and a complete rehash but U2 will bring the house down with these classics. Plus they have to play 6-8 songs the masses. These arenas aren't filled up with just interference posters. I'm still in awe there playing "Electric Co" instead of "I Will Follow"

Last edited:
I think a lot of the setlists have been done for the "new" fans, Bono speaks of. You know the ones who like Vertigo and have never listened to other stuff. Hence Elevation, this would appeal to the same fan type.
Bring back UTEOTW though:sad:

MDFan said:

I'm a paying customer. I can complain all I want as long as I buy a ticket to a concert. I think these setlists have sucked.

You honestly think the setlists have sucked?

People are so egocentric.

Back
Top Bottom