answers to the setlist problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigloader

The Fly
The opening night show was pretty impressive, but I know what the need to do to make the tour all that much more spectacular....

Drop, New Year's Day, Bullet the Blue Sky, Elevation, The Electric Co., All Because of You and Pride.

Replace them with Bad, Kite, Tryin to Throw your Arms around the World, Acrobat, A Sort of Homecoming, and Crumbs from your table and there would be no more complaints.

Someone get in touch with the band, quick.

I agree in seeing Crumbs and and A Sort Of Homecoming, but not replacing those songs.
I dont think we'll see Elevation tonight, Bono thuoght it was really crap on opening night, and edge said the same, but said it worked out well, so maybe they wont play elevation tonight, and add in one of the tracks you've mentioned.

I see them rotating Elevation out for another rocker. So maybe crumbs, though it's not quite as upbeat. And I don't know if they've rehearsed it.

bigloader said:
The opening night show was pretty impressive, but I know what the need to do to make the tour all that much more spectacular....

Drop, New Year's Day, Bullet the Blue Sky, Elevation, The Electric Co., All Because of You and Pride.

Replace them with Bad, Kite, Tryin to Throw your Arms around the World, Acrobat, A Sort of Homecoming, and Crumbs from your table and there would be no more complaints.

Wait..didn't you say you worked as tech for the band? If so, couldn't you contact them yourself?

Re: Re: answers to the setlist problems.

FullonEdge2 said:

Wait..didn't you say you worked as tech for the band? If so, couldn't you contact them yourself?

snap!

I agree with that those changes except for The Electric Co. That is the number one song that I hoped they would ressurect and they did! Why would you not want it in there?

Was it just me or did "The Electric Co." seem to drag in tempo?:huh:

I think they should add "A Sort Of Homecoming" ... (which is My all time Fav. U2 song) and they should add "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" as well as "Twilight" or "I Will Follow".

They should keep everything they got except ...

"Elevation" ( Which I though sounded really bad )
"All Because Of You" (Needs Replaced With "Crumbs")

I also though the change from "Pride" to "Streets" was kind of lackluster. Don't get me wrong both songs rock my socks but they need something that can transition much smoother. The speech didn't do it for me ... I usually like when Bono does the whole opera type note sustain.

Last edited:
bigloader said:

Before Monday's show, I would have agreed with you regarding "Bullet..." , as I'm tired of hearing that song. U2 have played it at every tour since 1987 and I think it could use a well deserved break. However, after hearing the concert and reading about the visuals, it seems that "Bullet..." flows perfectly! In fact, for the first time since 1987, I'm actually glad it's in the setlist (although, I must confess, I really adored the more "funked up" version of the song during the PopMart tour).

However, I really like the other songs and feel that they should stay.

What should truly be done is make a LONGER show! The average U.S. ticket price is $100 - not including TM charges. And many of us had to go through "ticket brokers" - meaning our tickets cost a LOT more. While U2 can't control scalper prices, I think for $100/ticket they can play for longer than 2 hours. Making it a 2.5 hour show, for example, would allow them to keep the current setlist - add in the goodies you mentioned - and give fans a show that's worth their $$.

I'd keep Bullet and electric co, but I would dump elevation, pride, Streets, and One. Maybe also Zoo Station.

Also, they need to re-think the way they are performing ABOY.

What would I add to replace these songs?

Elevation - replace it with Exit
Zoo Station - Ultraviolet or Lemon
Pride - replace it with Unforgetable Fire
Streets - replace it with A Man and a Woman
One - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

All that said, Monday was the best U2 show I've ever seen, and also my 12th!!!!!!

Niceman said:

Streets - replace it with A Man and a Woman

Unlike a lot of people, I think A Man and a Woman is a solid song, but seriously man... WHAT THE FUCK?

ok this is how I would change the last setlist. I'm not complaining about it btw, happy with it except for a few songs.

1- City of Blinding Lights - leave as is
2- Vertigo - leave as is
3- Cry - The Electric Co. - leave as is, could be rotated though
4- Gloria - happy to see An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart or Out of Control instead, all are better songs
5- Beautiful Day - leave as is
6- With or Without You - leave as is, shouldn't be rotated.
7- New Year's Day - leave as is
8- Miracle Drug - leave as is
9- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - leave as is
10- Love and Peace or Else - leave as is
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday - leave as is
12- Bullet the Blue Sky - Just about anything would be a better replacement, Bad, Wild Horses, TUF, Stay, ISHF, Gone, Acrobat, AIWIY, Angel, Desire, Mysterious Ways, Staring, Real Thing, Sweetest, a certain Wham! cover :) All different styles I know, but all superior. Toilet break here, I think.
13- Running to Stand Still - leave as is, can be rotated
14- Zoo Station - same
15- The Fly - leave as is, heard it needed some improving though.
16- Elevation - meh, would rather see Stuck, Walk On, IALW or Kite from that album.
17- Pride - DEFINITELY STAYS, how could anyone want the "oh oh oh oh"'s dropped?
18- Where the Streets Have No Name - DITTO, the best live song.
19- One - yep, only the greatest song of all time.
20- All Because Of You - one of my least favourites from the album but fine with it.
21- Yahweh - OOTS (best song from the new album) and Crumbs are far superior
22- 40 - can't think of a better finish

Oh and add in Electrical Storm somewhere!

Last edited:
I actualy thought Yahweh was one of the stronger songs the first night. Replacing streets? Even if they end up in a retirementhome I still can see Edge playing those first notes and look happy..

Who said to eliminate streets? I hope it never happens! A Man and a Woman blows, that's why they won't play it at all on this tour. That and Vertigo are the only songs I don't listen to on the new album. I think my suggestions for the changes would be pretty widely welcomed.

I like how bigloader never answers when someone brings up the "fact" that he's a "tech for the band..."

"Streets - replace it with A Man and a Woman"

This statement is equal to:

I think the San Antonio Spurs should trade Tim Duncan for a 5 foot white guy.

the tourist said:
I like how bigloader never answers when someone brings up the "fact" that he's a "tech for the band..."

I did answer that question already in a previous thread. I told you, when the band found out that I was leaking what their planned setlist was gonna be, they got angry. They fired me, reworked the entire tour, and to top it off, Bono had two of his bodyguards tie me to a tree so that he could "teach me a lesson", which he proceeded to do. Then the whole band and a few "lucky" fans got to piss and shit on my bruised and abused body. It wasn't a good day for me! But at least I got to spend an extended amount of time with the band! They were really gracious afterwards, they took me out and got me to chug about 21 mugs of Guiness. I passed out at the bar and I woke up naked tied to a stop sign at a busy intersection. It kind of reminded me of pledging a fraternity.

bigloader said:

I did answer that question already in a previous thread. I told you, when the band found out that I was leaking what their planned setlist was gonna be, they got angry. They fired me, reworked the entire tour, and to top it off, Bono had two of his bodyguards tie me to a tree so that he could "teach me a lesson", which he proceeded to do. Then the whole band and a few "lucky" fans got to piss and shit on my bruised and abused body. It wasn't a good day for me! But at least I got to spend an extended amount of time with the band! They were really gracious afterwards, they took me out and got me to chug about 21 mugs of Guiness. I passed out at the bar and I woke up naked tied to a stop sign at a busy intersection. It kind of reminded me of pledging a fraternity.

:lmao:

bigloader said:

How about I give you two words. Hint: the first one starts with a "B" and the second one starts with an "S".

bigloader said:

:lol: There will always be complaints. U2 could play every song YOU wanted them to play. YOU would be happy, but 20 others on here would be bitching about the setlist. U2 fans can be some of the whiniest self entitled fans on the planet. Even multiple different setlists wouldnt change that. I'm just glad they DONT listen to the fans for the most part when it comes to some of the mindless complaining that happens on message boards.

Oh, and there are no problems with the setlist (S)! At least they are mixing it up somewhat this tour (hopefully) :lol:

Last edited:
I think what would REALLY solve U2's setlist problems would be if they started playing 24-25 songs a night instead of the 20-22 they play now. That would allow them to keep 10 slots for the regulars like Pride, One, With or Without You, Bullet the Blue Sky, etc. and still have another 14 slots to fill with songs like I Will Follow, Electric Co., The Unforgettable Fire, I Still Haven't Found, etc.

They don't play enough songs.

bigloader said:

:lol: I love how you make light of it now that the jig is up. But you were rather nasty to some people who were calling your bluff on your BS (rightfully so) when you first started posting it and were acting like you really were with the tour.

We have Fake Edge and Fake Tech here now!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom