And what about Bullet the blue sky ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripThroughWire

The Fly
Nobody is speaking about "Bullet the blue sky".
But i think I have read once that it was the only song they have been playing at EVERY show since it was released, except the first show after 9-11.

Can somebody confirm ?
And is this the reason why nobody want to hear it anymore :sad:

I think once I'm at the concert, I definitely would enjoy BTBS. I think the reason why people aren't keen to see it on setlists right now though is they want to see fresh setlists. BTBS has been around the block quite a few times.

I think it will appear on this tour too, it's one of their more popular live songs.

U2girl said:
I think it will appear on this tour too, it's one of their more popular live songs.

Yep, I definitely think it will show up, but will it be played every night?

i have mixed feelings about it. it's one of my favorite songs live, yet if they substituted "bullet" for "ultraviolet" or "zoo station", i'd be cool with that, for sure.

mikal said:
i have mixed feelings about it. it's one of my favorite songs live, yet if they substituted "bullet" for "ultraviolet" or "zoo station", i'd be cool with that, for sure.

I totally agree.

I think the idea of Bullet being replaced on this tour doesn't seem likely. However, if it does not appear, it is due to the rock bliss that is Love and Peace or Else.

it's one of my favorite u2 songs live, especially the ZOO version. However, it's been played at EVERY u2 concert in past memory, I think it's time to make it less regular. Play it every 2-3 shows, that would be :up: for me

Bullet has been rehearsed, so it will probably be played. It has been played at every single show since 1992 apart from 10 October 2001. I need to look into Joshua Tree and Lovetown sets to see if it was ever missed - I think it was skipped a couple of times but I'm not sure.

I think of Bullet as pretty much a guarantee. Boston's version (on DVD) is the best one I've heard so far. It's predictable, but a great live song nonetheless.

Bullet is one of the only U2 songs that I just don't like anymore... i don't know if I ever did... It's so popular, but I compare it to The Beatles "Long and winding road" as a greatest hit that I just don't like.

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but yeah that's my feelings.

Is it even really all that popular? I know a lot of hardcore U2 fans like it, but it's not really a song that any newer fans are really going to be all that interested in seeing played live. Hell, I'm a hardcore U2 fan and I certainly wouldn't miss it.

I must say I've never really understood the appeal. It's a fine song, but the weakest off of Joshua Tree, in my opinion. I can think of about thirty U2 songs I would rather hear live.

bcrt2000 said:
bullet would only make sense this tour if they put the extended solo back in (from zoo)

yes!! popmart one sucked (really boring:yawn: ) and the general one for elevation sucked too, but the boston one was good. but yeah they should definately bring the zoo version back:wink: .

Bullet The Blue Sky has been rehearsed and I'm pretty sure that they will play it but I don't think they'll play it every night, which is fine by me just as long as they still play it. This song is too good and too important in the U2 history to be left out and I think they love playing it as much as Streets! I hope they make it even heavier on this tour. :evil:

It's a great song. My favourite on JT after 'Streets'. It's a staple live, and I would be disappointed to go to my first U2 concert and not hear it.

mikal said:

:ohmy: Ultra Violet.... YES!!! Bullet's gotta stay though. Take out Stuck in a Moment... I'dbe fine with that. I've never really been a fan of it. the acoustic version is much better but still. Ultra Violet would be fanatastic in it's place.

I could live with Bullet again, but please, Running To Stand Still NEEDS to follow that song. Whether in the original piano version or the amazing later guitar version.

mikal said:

:up:

I actually heard a rumor that a revved up "Wild Honey" will now be the show's political anthem....

Back
Top Bottom