An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
question about An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart is such an incredible addition for die -hards like myself, but I am curious how the arena reacted-I would be surprised if it lasted deep into the tour since it is slow paced--I would think most non-die hards would be put to sleep which would affect the overall mood of the building--can anyone comment on how it went over...

Last edited:
agree.

most people that were around me were mostly hyped when newer material was being performed. I dont think this "Boy" tribute will last long on the tour.

Well, bollocks to that!

If it does get dropped for NAmerica, then I hope it gets put back in for Europe, and then Australia (whenever that happens...:grumpy: )

I like to think that U2 fans are of all age groups, not just your 16-25 demographic....

madonna said:
agree.

most people that were around me were mostly hyped when newer material was being performed. I dont think this "Boy" tribute will last long on the tour.

Nooooo... LOL! I want to hear An Cat Dubh and Electric Co.! :sad:

blueeyedgirl said:
Well, bollocks to that!

If it does get dropped for NAmerica, then I hope it gets put back in for Europe, and then Australia (whenever that happens...:grumpy: )

I like to think that U2 fans are of all age groups, not just your 16-25 demographic....
I really think U2 will keep this in... They are very aware that most of the audience don't know these songs and knowing this, I really think U2 put this part in for the die-hard-fans :wink:

I wasn't asking whether die-hards like us would like to hear it or nor--the answer to that is obvious. Rather, I was wodnering how it went over in the arena (for those who were actually there) and how that may affect its inclusion in future setlists. My personla opinion is that ACD/ITH will not last because of its pace. Electric is a great addition because it is more uptempo...

I hpe U2 get rid of those Boy songs .
They are too punkish and seem out of date.
They are also far too slow.
Need more Achtung Baby.

:hmm: I'm all for the older songs i'd love to hear songs like fire,gloria,11o'clock tick tock etc...........god i can't wait for the 14th June.

I wouldn't mind hearing An Cat Dubh rotated with Gloria or Out of Control, or maybe a song or two from the 90s. But keep Electric Co. :mad:

Sounds okay to me...crowd singing with him, so people saying they don't know the tune is quite a stupid argument...! Most of them know the song and even if they don't, fans go home thinking "Christ, I've gotta get me a copy of 'Boy'...!"

I agree with many others in here -

I'd rather they do Gloria or Out of Control vs. An Cat Dubh.

Incidentally, I would also be in favor of hearing Elvis Presley and America performed 12 times consecutively...

Just listened to some mp3's of last nights show. Seems like Out of Control should come in right after Into the Heart like the record. Don want to lose Electric Co. though!

Just listened to some mp3's of last nights show. Seems like Out of Control should come in right after Into the Heart like the record. Don want to lose Electric Co. though!

The early songs sound INCREDIBLE, just as good as in the early days. Ladies and gentlemen, the band are on FIRE!

Axver said:
The early songs sound INCREDIBLE, just as good as in the early days. Ladies and gentlemen, the band are on FIRE!

I have seen U2 on fire many times. Last night was not one of them, sadly--although maybe it's because I was a bit far away (that's never been a problem before, though).

I love the Boy songs and I was happy to hear them. However, most of the people around me talked through them. I felt they were flat and it was too early in the show for a down period. I kept waiting for the show to really start. Although I love those songs because that's where it all started for me, the reality--for me--is that there are way better songs in U2s catalog that could have been played. But again, I was happy to hear them.

3 old songs that most people don't know right at the beginning is a bad idea for the pacing of the show, no matter how much us die-hards want to hear those songs.

Electric Co.? Ok, but not followed by An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. Its ok to include some older songs here and there, but 3 right at the start is hardcore and you don't want to loose half of the audience at the third song.

An Cat Dubh is too slow and dark, and U2 has written about 200 songs better than that one. I'm all for Electric Co., Out of Control, Gloria. Those are energetic and catchy songs, and should be mixed with more well-known songs.

Considering the band has a rumoured SEVEN Boy era songs rehearsed it's likely some will last the full tour.

Remember that they have back catalogue, IPODs and a possible vintage DVDs to push.

It's weird to think Boy has only sold 1million copies when they group has 5-6 albums at 10+m.

U2FP

I don't see Cat Dubh lasting that long on the list, honestly.
I love it and want to see it at my shows, but I don't know...just have a feeling it will go bye-bye.

Electric Co on the other hand, the crowd seemed to really react to it and it kicks ass, if they drop that i will be :mad:

the part of the audience that doesnt know the BOY tracks probably heard the end of "An Cat Dubh" and were like "wow, edge is freaking a crazy solo...that's so awesome."

Not knowing it's just like off the album :wink:

get your head out of your a***s

to all you people complaining about these songs , GET A LIFE !!! Why dont you get your heads out of your arses and educate / realize that U2 did exist before ACHTUNG BABY or THE JOSHUA TREE !! A nd for the person who said those songs were to punkish - HELLO they did start out as a PUNK BAND !! I was there and yes when they played these alot of people didnt know much about them but a hell of alot did as well . Wow people on this site can be so anal sometimes !And just to add i have seen u2 37 times and as far as last nights show , the FIRST half of the show rocked , but from ZOO STATION onwards it was probably the worst performance i have seen . But such is life .

I can't believe people are complaining about "An Cat Dubh." It's better than "With or Without You" for the billionth time.

Re: get your head out of your a***s

abombdismantler said:
to all you people complaining about these songs , GET A LIFE !!! Why dont you get your heads out of your arses and educate / realize that U2 did exist before ACHTUNG BABY or THE JOSHUA TREE !!

To all you people who can't handle a different opinion than yours, get a life. I got Boy the day it appeared in the record stores and I was happy to hear those songs Monday night but the question was how did the audience respond to them and the answer for me was that the people around me talked during them so why don't you just get your head out of your arse and actually read what people say instead of having an aneurism.

joyfulgirl said:

I love the Boy songs and I was happy to hear them. However, most of the people around me talked through them. I felt they were flat and it was too early in the show for a down period.

You see, the people who were talking during these songs... That is their problem, not U2's.

Back
Top Bottom