After Ticket Debacle, Even Worse Setlist!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
So January 25th 2005, will be the day where many u2 fans ceased to be U2 fans. due to the ticket nightmare many of us are experiencing today. I got a couple of nosebleed tix which I may sell cause I'm dissappointed in the band. I have an impulse problem so I could not stop myself from buying but after reading all of my U2 friends problems with the tickets, I am really dissapointed that U2 has become just another rich band that doesnt care about its fans. I predicted, like some of you, that there were going to be many problems today ordering the tickets

And you know what, the tour will be dissapointing as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they only played 18 songs on most nights barely reaching the 2 hour mark. And they wont have the balls even one song that they havent played in a while:

Here's the opening day setlist:

Vertigo
Beautiful day
All because of you
Sometimes you cant make it on your own
Miracle drug
I will follow
Until the end of the world
New years day
All I want is you
Original of the species
Kite
One step closer
Where the streets have no name

Bullet the blue sky
City of blinding lights
Pride
One
Crumbs from your table

Last edited:
how do you know? I wouldn't have thought they'd leave Yahweh out. Possible though.

Last edited:
ok my stab at what i think they will play first night:-

Vertigo
I will Follow
All Because of You
Electrical Storm
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you Can't make it
New Years Day
Pride
Still Hav'nt Found
kite

Stuck in a Moment (acoustic)
Staring at the Sun (acoustic)

City of Blinding Lights
Bad / One step closer
Where the Streets Have no Name
Even Better Than the Real Thing
With or Without You
Beautiful Day

Elevation
Orginal of the Species
One
Yahweh

I feel this would be a great setlist and a realistic one i am almost 100% sure they will open with Vertigo and finish with Yahweh and the city of blinding lights / bad / streets combo would just bring the house down!

snutes1 said:
So January 25th 2005, will be the day where many u2 fans ceased to be U2 fans. due to the ticket nightmare many of us are experiencing today. I got a couple of nosebleed tix which I may sell cause I'm dissappointed in the band. I have an impulse problem so I could not stop myself from buying but after reading all of my U2 friends problems with the tickets, I am really dissapointed that U2 has become just another rich band that doesnt care about its fans. I predicted, like some of you, that there were going to be many problems today ordering the tickets

And you know what, the tour will be dissapointing as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they only played 18 songs on most nights barely reaching the 2 hour mark. And they wont have the balls even one song that they havent played in a while:

I don't really think you're taking into account what it takes to put this on. Do you really think that the band is responsible? It's easy to bitch about it but a lot harder to offer a solution. There must have been 50,000 people after what, 5,000 tickets for MSG? You got tickets. You're in, at least. Lots of people didn't even get that far.

And as for your last comments, when has U2 not put on an absolutely sick show? Have they ever played just 2 hours? From everything I've read, they're chomping at the bit.

I'm confident they'll blow minds, once again.

I'm sure it'll be a great show. Remember, that while U2.com probably should have reserved all of the GA seats and quality ones for us, it's Ticketmaster that sold most of the GA seats to scalpers.

Now people can start complaining about elimiating the opening band and having U2 play for 8 hours straight.... Give me a break...there will be a 21-23 song setlist and that is more then enough.

snutes1 said:

You know, your bitching for the sake of bitching with absolutely no evidence to back up what you wrote regarding the tour.

What gives with people like you??:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom