Adam's Comments on u2.com give hints to setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
//U2.com
How many of the songs from the new album will you be able to play ?

//Adam
We will probably want to play 9 or10 of the new songs. It’s always difficult having to drop songs from the set – but you only do it when you find better ones, so we might have several different sets or different that we can draw from.

//U2.com
Do you have arguments in the band about including or excluding certain songs?

//Adam
No we don’t have arguments about it but once we see the ebb and flow of the set, based on the new numbers we want to play, you start to fill in the gaps, and it’s really about how you get from the beginning of the show to the end and if it doesn’t work one night, you can try it different the next.

//U2.com
Any songs you are particularly look forward to playing ?

//Adam
Vertigo, every time we play it we have a great reaction but the song that really seems to get people immediately is ‘Sometimes…’. Also ‘City of Blinding Lights’ seems to really connect with people, and I think Yahweh - which we haven’t played to an audience yet – that will be very interesting to perform.

//U2.com
Bono has hinted that some of the shows might be downloadable – is that something you are looking at for next year ?

//Adam
We are hoping that we can make the shows available, I don’t know if we can stream it or download it but it would be good if we could. We are looking into the possibilities - we do want to make the shows available to people, that is part of our ambition for this tour.

I wasn't expecting Yahweh...interesting. 9 songs from HTDAAB would surprise me, I was thinking 7, maybe 8 at most. Thoughts?

Hopefully OOTS will remain on all sets. Don't mind too much if they rotate a man and a woman, one step closer, love and peace, yahweh.

Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes, ABOY, City of Blinding Lights are every night definites. I think that's a good possibility that OOTS will be included in this group.

Aardvark747 said:

They're songs that concert goers wouldn't like, as much as dedicated fans attend concerts, it wouldn't flow with the average fan. However, that doesn't mean 'One Step Closer' is thrown out -- it could be a snippet sang during 'Bad'

Back
Top Bottom