acrobat in zoo station 3/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
i know a lot of people here love acrobat so does it count for singing acrobat when bono sang "i'm ready for the acrobat" during opening night zoo station? i think that's as close as we'll get to hearing that song.

It's a shame. Only recently have I come to see how good that song is and understand why so many people love it so much. Very rock n' roll, great guitars, awesome lyrics, kick ass drumming, one of Edge's best solos and overall very emotional and real. I think they would have a hard time doing that song live mainly because of the beginning but I was thinking about it and they could totally start it at the end of another song like they used to start Wid Horses at the end of UTEOTW. As the song ends and all sounds are just hanging, Edge could start playing the riff as Larry is just hitting the symbals and make that wave like sound, then he could start playing like he playes on the record and Adam follows him.

Zoo Station
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Acrobat

Woulden't that be fucking perfect? :drool:

That would be epic. If Acrobat is played live I think every U2 fan would have tear come down his face.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Acrobat

I'd give up 10 other songs just to hear those four. OH... And Love Is Blindness... While we're dreaming.

God Part III said:

I'd give up 10 other songs just to hear those four. OH... And Love Is Blindness... While we're dreaming.

If they just walked out one night and played Achtung Baby from beginning to end, I would kick my mom in the head.

The could never manage So Cruel (Voice) or Acrobat (Atmosphere and music) live properly.

kicking mom in the head may be a bit drastic, maybe dad though. :)
zoo station kicks ass, but i think they need to kick this tours version up a notch. and even if larry was farting on his snare drum (anyone see airheads? "i ain't fartin' on no snare drum") i think they could pull off so cruel and acrobat.

mo786 said:
The could never manage So Cruel (Voice) or Acrobat (Atmosphere and music) live properly.

That's not true about Acrobat. Acrobat is probably the most stripped down song on Achtung Baby. It's just guitar, bass, drums and vocals. There are no other sounds, no synthesizer and only after the solo (so at the end of the song) that a second guitar comes in (which wouldn't interfere on a live version). So if they wanted they could pull off the atmosphere and music of Acrobat. They would just need a lot of passion and we all know they got a lot of that! :)

OffAxis said:

If they just walked out one night and played Achtung Baby from beginning to end, I would kick my mom in the head.

I wouldn't kick my mom in the head. Being a pacifist, and not wanting to hurt my mother.
But the possible greatness of this is yet to be understood by my little brain.

edgerulz said:
so does it count for singing acrobat when bono sang "i'm ready for the acrobat" during opening night zoo station?

Does singing "surrender, dislocate" during Bad count for Bono singing Surrender?

When Bono sings "Took a drive in the dirty rain" in WGRYWH, he's actually singing a cover of Milli Vanilli's "Blame it on the rain"

Zoo Station / The Fly / Until The End Of The World / ACROBAT
...this is it! they should play ACROBAT ...not acoustic but full electric and with much much passion. yes we need more rockers. indeed

I never understood why Bono dubbed Acrobat his favorite song from AB, but yet they never played it live. Surely they could come up with a decent version? It is a very stripped down song and doesn't require much production or backing tracks. They've tried (and many times pulled off) much more difficult live tunes than this one (Lemon, Zooropa, HMTMKMKM, Mofo, etc.)

I would love for them to play it but I don't think it will happen. If it did, what would we have to wish for?...

Zoocoustic wrote: I never understood why Bono dubbed Acrobat his favorite song from AB
when did boner say that acrobat is his AB-fave? yer man has talked so much during the years. and sometimes he talked a lot of crap.

It is one thing I just can't understand. "Acrobat" is a great song that could have been a big hit for them. They even rehearsed it during some soundchecks while on Zoo TV. I guess we can always "dream outloud" for it to be played. (sorry for the pun, but I just had to do it) :shrug:

Bono has said it more than once that this is his favorite song from Achtung Baby.

He has, of course been known to bullshit one or 200 times.

it's a great great song, but when the fascination with seeing this song played live dies, it won't be a moment sooner. Give it a rest.

my point was maybe it was a tribute to the song. singing "surrender, dislocate" doesn't count for "surrender" because those are the actual lyrics. it's a good song, and we should just admit, we not hear live again.

Back
Top Bottom