Acoustic Set this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was thinking, do you think its time for Bono and the Edge to drop the acoustic set. I've always been a fan of it but thinks it time for Adam and Larry to skip their break and have U2 play electric all night. By the way my favorite set was Edge singing "Sunday Bloody Sunday."

I have never liked the acoustic set (if you don't count the ZooTV one), especially not on Elevation. That's the part of bootlegs that I always skip past, and I'm hoping it disappears. The band did play an electric Desire at the BBC, so I'm hoping we can take that as a good sign. Considering that the album rocks substantially more than ATYCLB and U2 easily have enough material to play a full electric set multiple times over (and the reality that electric renditions are better than acoustic ones), I'm hoping they get rid of the acoustic set.

I'm not expecting it, though.

I don't agree.
I always liked the acoustic set, from Zoo to elevation.
I hope it stays, as it is a much needed breather, it's like an intermission before the home run (end of main set and encores).
plus, it gives the band the chance to throw out some rare stuff.
the only thing is: choose the right songs!!!!!! would't you die to hear falling at your feet or fast cars or everlasting love or van diemens?
but I would happily trade it for:
1) a b-side set (spanish, slow dancing, always, love comes tumbling...)
2) a cover set (helter, watchtower, help, I remember you...)
3) a oldies set (11 o'clock, electric co, twilight, another day, boy-girl...)
4) an ambient set (promenade, your blue room, the first time...)
5) a piano set (october, running, sweetest thing, original, one shot of happy...)
6) an edge set (seconds, van diemens, numb, corpse, stand by me, sunday)
this leads me to say: how great is U2? how difficult is for them to make a setlist?

Back
Top Bottom