acoustic encore getting doused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
I found these on U2 tours. i wonder if (1) I'll get the acoustic encore tomorrow in Atlanta and (2) if I'll feel the same way about it. love and peaceout, Anu

Bill Daras wrote:

I hate to say it, but the encore really derailed an otherwise fantastic concert.

Opening with "The First Time" set a somber tone, with "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of" continuing that theme. Any hopes of the pace picking up again were dashed by "With Or Without You" appearing next. WOWY seemed to use a slightly modified version of the drum track from "God Part II" but was an otherwise unremarkable performance that appeared to be the band simply going through the motions. By the time "All Because Of You" arrived, the crowd was anything but energized. The band followed it up with "Yahweh" and "40" which didn't seem to provoke the usual reaction. By this point the emotional high of the main set was beginning to fade, and most people around me just seemed interested in packing their things up and going home.

Ron Limbert:. I was a little disappointed when they pulled out the acoustic guitar for the encore...one of my goals in life was to hear Zoo Station Live. Oh well. The First Time was amazing, as usual...just wished they would do the full (non-acoustic) version. Stuck In A Moment was a nice surprise, even though I'm not its biggest fan. The deciding factor was right after Yahweh. Larry went to the set, and attacked the first snare...nearly confirming my worst possible fear: a Vertigo encore. Luckily, the band ended with 40. I'll be honest: 40 saved the show. If they didn't end with 40, this would have been one of the more disappointing U2 shows I've heard. All I can say is nothing matches the feeling of being one of a many thousand screaming, "HOW LOOONGGGGG...."

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if one of your goals in life is to hear zoo station live, you need to readjust your life.

that said... i love the zoo tv encore... but when they broke out the first time and wild horses at the garden? loved it just the same.

:shrug:

would be nice to see discotheque make another appearance.

Exactly. :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if one of your goals in life is to hear zoo station live, you need to readjust your life.

So your saying Zoo Station is dead like Discotheque is dead as far as this tour is concerned?

I would venture that Zoo Station has a better chance than Discotheque of being played again.

Back
Top Bottom