A ZooTV setlist question for people with bootlegs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hey folks,

I don't have a large quantity of ZooTV setlists as I'm not a fan of the tour, but I was just doing some maintenance on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and came across a point of confusion. Early reviews of ZooTV (i.e. first leg shows in April) say that Dancing Queen was a snippet of Angel Of Harlem. I know the band performed Dancing Queen fully on 11 June 1992 in Stockholm with two members of Abba. At other shows, did they play the whole song? If so, when did they start? Are the reports right that it was originally a snippet (debuting on 13 April 1992 and being done most shows until the end of the first leg)?

Thanks for any information! :)

Yeah, edit to say I basically repeated the whole 6-11-92 thing

didn't read the 1st post fully, o well :)

Last edited:
Axver said:
Hey folks,

I don't have a large quantity of ZooTV setlists as I'm not a fan of the tour, but I was just doing some maintenance on U2-Vertigo-Tour.com and came across a point of confusion. Early reviews of ZooTV (i.e. first leg shows in April) say that Dancing Queen was a snippet of Angel Of Harlem. I know the band performed Dancing Queen fully on 11 June 1992 in Stockholm with two members of Abba. At other shows, did they play the whole song? If so, when did they start? Are the reports right that it was originally a snippet (debuting on 13 April 1992 and being done most shows until the end of the first leg)?

Thanks for any information! :)

Most of them were similiar to the Stockholm version but a little shorter. I think the first time they did it was the first two versus and main chorus only and it was sort tacked onto the end of Angel Of Harlem. I believe it was in LA or San Diego on the first leg when it was first done. There was a report on MTV about it at the time, so there is some pro shot video snippets of the first time it was done out there.

I was at the April 13, 1992 show in Los Angeles, and while I don't have that show on bootleg, I seem to recall the song started out of Angel but it was not I would consider a snippet. I think it was as full a version of the song as they would later play on the tour.

Great, thanks Blue Room and Halup! :up:

Would you say Dancing Queen flowed out of Angel Of Harlem like Into The Heart flows out of An Cat Dubh, or The Electric Co. came out of The Cry? Kind of along those lines?

Halup said:
I was at the April 13, 1992 show in Los Angeles, and while I don't have that show on bootleg, I seem to recall the song started out of Angel but it was not I would consider a snippet. I think it was as full a version of the song as they would later play on the tour.

I pulled my tape of that show. I wouldnt say it was a full version. I think the Concert Documentary book described it accurately after listening to the tape. Here is what it says for that show "A quick, acoustic version of Dancing Queen is linked to Angel Of Harlem. Since Bono doesnt know the words very well, he presents Edge and Larry with the microphone but they crack up in laughter and only sing the melody."

Back
Top Bottom