A new single to be released, the setlist will change up now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PDT104

The Fly
"Original of the Species" arrived at U.S. radio stations today as the 5th single from HTDAAB. It's a 1-track CD labeled "single version," which clocks in at 4:29 -- about 10 seconds shorter than the album version. The song itself is different than the album version -- more strings, more guitar from Edge, and just generally louder and maybe "edgier" (bad pun). The liner notes indicate that strings were recorded at Wisseloord Studios, Hilversum, Holland (while the band was on tour in Holland in July).

Collectors will want to know that the single comes in a standard jewel case with catalog # INTR11595-2.

Yeah, just like when they released the Wild Horses single in 1992, got played about 3 times acoustically only after that and never appeared again on the Zoo Tour.

OR how about that If God Would Send His Angles single that was released during the third leg of Popmart. In honor of it being a single it was played a massive ZERO times after the single release on that tour.

My point is, it being released as a single isnt necessarily a factor. It will be played again, but most likely sporadically just as it has been previously for this tour. I guess its a possibility it could be played a little more. I wish it would be. The guitar version they have done since Europe is excellent.

Last edited:
I really hope they won´t play that song in Chile :yawn:

The setlist is too bland, it need to be so much harder :drool:

At least I'm hopeful it will get some rotation on the radio and the publicity from the ipod will help. Who knows, if it takes off, maybe it will become a regular part of the setlist.

ponkine said:
The setlist is too bland, it need to be so much harder :drool:

Why don't you just stop listening to U2 and go find some metal band to follow? I'm sure you'll be much happier that way.

Axver said:

Why don't you just stop listening to U2 and go find some metal band to follow? I'm sure you'll be much happier that way.

Axver...what happened to you? is that the new style of your post? sarcasm? the 80% of post here are sarcasm.

I´m expressing my feelings, and I do feel that the setlist is too bland, destined for arenas, NOT for big stadiums.

Have you ever been in a gig in South America?... I don´t think so.

PS: Idon´t like heavy metal

ponkine said:

Have you ever been in a gig in South America?... I don´t think so.

PS: Idon´t like heavy metal

What does that have to do with it though? A good setlist is a good setlist regardless of where its played.

Have you seen a gig in Chicago, Boston or Australia? :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom