A Man And A Woman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rica

The Fly
The chances of this song being in the rotation on the tour are probably slim due to the tempo but I can't get enough of it. The melody of Bono's lyrics with the acoustic guitar and Adam's under rated bass driving the whole song! This song takes me away and gets my mind and soul wanting more. Hoping to hear it live this tour.

:up: Yep, it's grown SO much on me: from what used to be a pretty average song, to one that's really soaked into my musical senses.
I'd love to see them play this live, even if they have to sacrifice an old classic like Pride, All I want is you or Streets (;) ok, maybe not Streets).
How do the rest of you feel about the inevitable sacrificing of older material to make space for the newer songs? I'd guess that for those who haven't seen U2 play live before, you'll feel less happy about it in general than the rest of us?

This is one of the few U2 songs which I loved initially because of the lyrics...and then later the music. Usually, it is the music that appeals to me first in a U2 song, before later coming round to the lyrics.
I also reckon that this song means that little bit more, for people that are in a long term relationship. I'm often reminded of the line "I could never take a chance, on losing love to find romance" whenever I see a pretty lady.

As I've mentioned on other threads...
This is my "favorite" song off "HTDAAB" (which is kinda surprising..
because I usually like more "rocking" songs first...)
But I do believe...it's the lyrics... that "reeled" me in...(to this "mellow-er" tune)

"How I can hurt......when I'm holding you"......

Now, that's absolutely......"CLASSIC"......
( just imagine Bono singing those lyrics to a fan onstage...)
OMG!! That would definitely..."SEND" us into orbit...wouldn't it??

I agree w/ Corner that it may have more meaning to somebody in a marriage / long term relationship. There will always be temptation but it is not worth risking a commitment to a loved one.

In regard to the tune itself, music is subjective. Turn up the bass on this song and listen to it more than 3-4 times. I garuntee you will be humming "little sister" in your head for days straight.

I get this feeling Adam will really want to play AMAAW ...

rica said:
In regard to the tune itself, music is subjective. Turn up the bass on this song and listen to it more than 3-4 times. I garuntee you will be humming "little sister" in your head for days straight.

:yes: Yep, I don't deny the quality of the music...it just didn't appeal to me as quickly as most of the other tunes on the record.
I think you could be right beastleboy. I'd imagine that this will be included in the acoustic set (maybe the equivalent of wild honey), at some point during the tour.

If not technically "acoustic," they certainly could do it as part of a "cabaret" set on the b stage (or whatever it will be on this tour).

There are several songs from their catalog that would play better in a more intimate atmosphere, but would still benefit from the full band/electric treatment.

This was the first song on the album I really fell in love with. It would be fantastic live, and I'll be really disappointed if they don't play it. Bono at his songwriting best. It does seem like it would be a good B stage song, too. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom