4 nights in Chicago / SETLIST MAKEOVER ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
Well kids that time is upon us...remember on the Elevation Tour U2 played it safe til their 4 nights in Chicago & flipped the setlist around a few times with some surprises (Out of Control, 11 o Clock ,I Still Havent Found, and an almost identical 1st half zoo TV setlist the fourth night ?) Then they had a few surprises at their 4 night stay in Boston also which ultimately effected the rest of the tour.
Its gonna be very interesting to see what they pull out of their ass next week in Chicago. We're all excited about their recent shows and cool setlists in Phoenix & Seattle....hmmmmm

Here some minor variations I think would be great

(Elevation)
The Unforgettalble Fire - Surrender / 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - The Ocean / Gloria - October
(New Year's Day)

(Elevation)
I Will Follow - Twilight / I Threw A Brick Through A Window - A Day Without Me / Two Hearts Beat As One - Out Of Control
(City Of Blinding Lights)

(Running To Stand Still)
A Sort Of Homecoming
Bad
(Pride)

(One)
Ultra Violet
(The Fly)

(The Fly)
Ultra Violet/Until The End Of the World/Electrical Storm
(A Because Of You)

Then again, U2 didn't do anything spectacualr during their 3 Arnhem and 4 London Elevation shows. Nor during their entire 3rd US leg. Last tour they had played twice as many shows before coming to the windy city. Its safe to assume that then they were more familiar and comfortable with their setlists back then then they are today.

let's hope it's a different. i hope it varies from SD 1, so i get to see a varied set on may 7. hopefully the week off will shake things up.

they need to add electrical storm, fully loaded.

Well, they have a week off, so perhaps they'll rehearse a song or two and get it ready for Chicago.
Remember, Walk On and Stuck in a Moment were rehearsed in Vancouver.

Also, I think they could pull out I Will Follow or Out of Control at any time.

I wouldn't expect major changes. But they might throw in 1 new song.

The only new songs that I think might be included at least once in the 4 nights in Chicago are:

Crumbs
ISHFWILF
AIWIY
IWF
UTEOTW

Do not expect Acrobat, Ultra violet, Lemon, Gone etc

They should play my setlist! :wink:

Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
The Unforgettable Fire
Surrender
Crumbs From Your Table
Bullet The Blue Sky
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Twilight
Beautiful Day
Pride
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Acrobat
Original Of The Species
Electrical Storm (with a fantastic and very emotional two minutes ending with Edge using his slide, Bono with his guitar, Larry only hitting the cymbals and the bass drum and Adam on a non stop fingering of the heaviest chord he has on his bass).

:hyper: :hyper:

They could also use this set list:

Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Electric Co.
Seconds
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
All Because Of You
Gloria
Wire
The Ocean / Please
City Of Blinding Lights
Crumbs From Your Table
Bullet The Blue Sky
An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name

--- Human Rights Video ---

Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

:cool:

My one and only request is to play something from Pop. ANYTHING. Miami, The Playboy Mansion, sure. I love that entire album so damn much. Though I have to say Please or Last Night on Earth would be the best (and of course everyone loves Gone).

I think the first two nights the setlist it´s going to be almost the same. They are recording them for the dvd. In ELevation the first two Boston shows had the same setlist.

Whatever they play, the band should come out on fire. This huge break before Chicago should give them some time to rest and also rehearse some new songs.

Maybe we should send Bono the Achtung baby cover so he can memorize the words to the "Fly" :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom