2.5 'safe' predicted setlists.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
If the Vancouver rehearsals are indicative of what U2 will play on the tour and they pull out surprises and spontaneity, then these setlists could easily be grossly inaccurate. However, if they stick to a pretty safe route, then these 2.5 setlists could indeed be quite reasonable. While they may not play anything that even remotely resembles this, I feel these sets are a reasonable 'safe' prediction with cohesion, although they do lack rarities (besides 40) and after making the first 1.5, I realised I had forgotten both I Will Follow and Out Of Control.

In any case, enjoy!

Setlist #1, Version #1

1. Vertigo
2. All Because Of You
3. Miracle Drug
4. Until The End Of The World
5. Love And Peace Or Else
6. Bullet The Blue Sky
7. City Of Blinding Lights
8. Original Of The Species
9. Running To Stand Still
10. Stuck In A Moment
11. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
12. With Or Without You
13. Where The Streets Have No Name
14. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Mysterious Ways
17. Beautiful Day

18. Crumbs From Your Table
19. One
20. Yahweh
21. 40

Setlist #1, Version #2

1. Vertigo
2. All Because Of You
3. Miracle Drug
4. Until The End Of The World
5. Love And Peace Or Else
6. Mysterious Ways
7. City Of Blinding Lights
8. Original Of The Species
9. Running To Stand Still
10. Stuck In A Moment
12. With Or Without You
16. Beautiful Day

17. Bullet The Blue Sky
18. Crumbs From Your Table
19. One
20. Yahweh
21. 40

Setlist #2

1. Vertigo
2. All Because Of You
3. Miracle Drug
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Until The End Of The World
6. Bullet The Blue Sky
7. Running To Stand Still
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Original Of The Species
10. Stuck In A Moment
12. With Or Without You
16. Beautiful Day

17. Love And Peace Or Else
18. The Fly
19. I Will Follow

20. One
21. Yahweh
22. 40

Every one of those setlists suck bigtime.

If they don't vary it more with some older songs that only a fan who had dug deeper into their catalog would know...

I will be disgusted. They have too great a songbook.

Come on U2. It is time to cater at least a little more to the long suffering fans. Tell em Larry!:yes: :larry: :wave: :rant: :happy: :macdevil: :applaud: :dancing: :rockon:

I don´t think they will play OOTS... Probably gonna be the 'acrobat´of this tour/album.

Dalton said:

They have already played it twice and Bono has talked about it being a single. It will be played.

That doesn´t say anything... I heard both versions and I think it´s gonna be hard for them to deliver this song. I really hope they will play it (maybe an acoustic version), but in the end I´m afraid they will skip it. By the way, did they rehearse this one?

Original Of The Species is just about guaranteed as it has already been played and rehearsed and has been touted as a possible single, though the band may not play it initially as they can't seem to get it right.

And being played on the promo tour does mean something - anything played on the promo tour is essentially guaranteed a place in the main tour!

Setlist Nº2 is great.. especially the LAPOE/The Fly/I Will follow encore...

LAPOE WILL start... the encore (or 2nd half, we don't know)

but believe me.. YAHWEH WILL NOT end the show (or be anywhere the end)

"Walk On" will be the finale, folks.........it's the ultimate concert closer......

I think that OOTS will become the next "red hill minning town". A great song rumoured as single but dropped because Bono can´t sing it well.
I don´t think the play it in the tour.

I loved setlist #1. However, due to numerous Boy songs that were rehearsed I think we'll hear at least one of them each show. I'm also wondering why everyone seems to think All Because of You will follow Vertigo?

FullonEdge2 said:
I loved setlist #1. However, due to numerous Boy songs that were rehearsed I think we'll hear at least one of them each show. I'm also wondering why everyone seems to think All Because of You will follow Vertigo?

i guess it just seems like the most likely scenario. i, personally, think that Vertigo/I Will Follow would be an awesome 1/2 combination, with ABOY coming later in the show.

mikal said:

i guess it just seems like the most likely scenario. i, personally, think that Vertigo/I Will Follow would be an awesome 1/2 combination, with ABOY coming later in the show.

:drool: :drool:

FullonEdge2 said:

It's an obvious and 'safe' combination the band have already used three times themselves. However, while the precedent of the ATYCLB Promo Tour says songs played early in the promo tour setlist are played early in the full tour setlist, they are not played in the same order ...

For sure.. something from POP will be played somewhere in this tour.

Whether its Staring at the sun, discotheque, gone or please.

Yes, ONE track from Pop will be played ONCE on this tour. I wouldn't bet on anything more than that though.

BigMacPhisto said:
Yes, ONE track from Pop will be played ONCE on this tour. I wouldn't bet on anything more than that though.

My bet says two. Acoustic SATS and then Wake Up Dead Man before or after something.

Bring on GONE! :rockon:

Yeah, they always hype up "Gone" as one of their best live songs.......(and it is)......yet we haven't heard any reports of them rehearsing it.....

Back
Top Bottom