11 O'Clock Tick Tock, not performed on Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I was just wondering how come this song never made it's return back to a setlist, it is a classic song and has a 'Boy' ish feel to it, but since U2 was performing a majority of Boy songs on the legs of Vertigo, I wonder why this never got played at all...

The setlist would look like this...

Vertigo
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.

OR

Vertigo
I Will Follow
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Elevation

Would have been cool to see it again...

Or even subbing it in instead of IWF, maybe rotating...but I agree, it should have been played.

The Edge made a brief appearance on the forum around the time of the Vertigo tour rehearsals and people were asking about song possibilites for the tour. Someone asked about 11 O'Clock and I believe he replied, "Tick Tock was played last tour!"

salty72 said:
The Edge made a brief appearance on the forum around the time of the Vertigo tour rehearsals and people were asking about song possibilites for the tour. Someone asked about 11 O'Clock and I believe he replied, "Tick Tock was played last tour!"

:scratch: Um, no he didnt. Are you referring to the infamous FakeEdge?

As for the topic. They played it on Elevation. Clearly they didnt feel like playing it this time out. :shrug: Besides, we got Electric Co instead. I would rather have that any day.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

:scratch: Um, no he didnt. Are you referring to the infamous FakeEdge?

As for the topic. They played it on Elevation. Clearly they didnt feel like playing it this time out. :shrug: Besides, we got Electric Co instead. I would rather have that any day.

Sooooo. The poster known as The Edge is really a fake? I did not know that. :shrug: Thanks for making me feel like a jack ass.

salty72 said:

Sooooo. The poster known as The Edge is really a fake? I did not know that. :shrug: Thanks for making me feel like a jack ass.

Wow, there was a HUGE blow up about this very thing all over this board. You are one of the first people I have seen post that didnt know about it. Sorry, wasnt my intent to make you feel like a jack ass. It is pretty common knowledge around here though that "the Edge" turned out to be a fake.

Sorry Blue Room. I didn't mean to say you made me feel like a jack ass. The person posing as The Edge is the one who made me feel like a jack ass. By the way, where's the thread about the Fake Edge? I would like to read up on it so I don't be sucker again!

U2Man said:
I'm not too sure he was fake.

Interesting, not going to get into a debate but even Elvis admitted it wasnt. :shrug:

But if you want to believe go for it. Its funny how he hasnt returned since the blow up isnt it?

Fake Edge was right about 11 O'clock. It didn't get played because it was played last tour.

Yes, yes. Let's get back to the original topic of this thread. It's my fault for straying off the topic.:yikes: I apologize!

salty72 said:
Yes, yes. Let's get back to the original topic of this thread. It's my fault for straying off the topic.:yikes: I apologize!

Nah, nothing to apologize for. You have been around here for a long time, I just figured you had to have known. My bad, back to topic like we both have said. :up:

Bono has become too heavy to dance during 11 O'clock on this tour. He was in far better shape during Elevation.

theu2fly said:
I was just wondering how come this song never made it's return back to a setlist, it is a classic song and has a 'Boy' ish feel to it, but since U2 was performing a majority of Boy songs on the legs of Vertigo, I wonder why this never got played at all...

because they wanted to play Electric Co and An Cat Dubh instead :shrug:

I too have wondered why on earth 11 O'clock Tick Tock missed the cut. An 11OTT/Electric Co. combo would have been simply sensational.

It certainly would have been better than IWF or OOC. The song has been out of the regular set for too long; the studio version may be a bit dull and poorly done, but the live version is scorchingly done and I can see why it was one of U2's live staples for their first few tours.

Could someone post the link of the threa of the "infamous Fake Edge" post ......

And yah Electric Co is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than 11 ...... Electric Co works anyway , whereas 11 need to be in a very good perfomance ....

Sounds like Streets and Pride ? :scratch:

U2Man said:
I'm not too sure he was fake.

I read the thread about it in Inside Broadcast, and he did say they would perform The Electric Co. :hmm: :huh:

That was a huge mess. Glad I wasn't here for it.

he also said they might play Zo Station

Funny this comes up as Zoo Station and Ultra Violet are sounding as if one of them needs to be brought to the stage in the 21st Century....they sound very good stacked up against newer material

:hmm:

Let's see then...

No 11 O'Clock. Check.

Electric Co. played. Check.

Zoo Station played. Check.

:hmm:

:shrug: Like I said, believe what you want, but you really are derailing what this thread is about. I would suggest if you think this a legitimate thought on your part, starting a new thread about the whole fake Edge being actually him and see what kind of response that generates. I choose to believe that it was not him based on what occurred here.

:hmm: Yes, he also said things like Exit would be played on opening night.

And yes, Bono's dancing skills totally decide what gets played.

If they continue to do played to death songs like IWF then surely they can do 11 o'Clock Tick Tock. Because they did it last tour is no argument since that goes for most songs they are playing.

And besides, 11 o'Clock Tick Tock :rockon: >>>>>>>The Electric Co.

Back
Top Bottom