11 O'Clock Tick Tock, not performed on Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muad'zin said:
If they continue to do played to death songs like IWF then surely they can do 11 o'Clock Tick Tock. Because they did it last tour is no argument since that goes for most songs they are playing.

And besides, 11 o'Clock Tick Tock :rockon: >>>>>>>The Electric Co.

I dont think its an argument. I wouldnt have minded if it was played. I think the point is we are offering opinions as to why they didnt play it. I think the concensus appears to be because they played it on Elevation and didnt feel like playing it this time out.

Oh, and I disagree vehemently with your 11 OClock vs Electric Co assessment! :wink: :)

My opinion is that judging from the bootlegs I've heard of 11:00 from the Elevation tour and the Irving Plaza show, it was a slow and boring version. U2 played somewhat light heartedly and boringly during the Elevation era compared to Vertigo.

The_acrobat said:
My opinion is that judging from the bootlegs I've heard of 11:00 from the Elevation tour and the Irving Plaza show, it was a slow and boring version. U2 played somewhat light heartedly and boringly during the Elevation era compared to Vertigo.

Yes in some ways, Desire was very weak in Elevation but it was even weaker being played acoustic during some Vertigo shows..

The_acrobat said:
Agree. It was changed from mid tempo to a slow song. A bit like what happened to An Cat Dubh on Vertigo imo.

The_acrobat said:

I agree. I'd really like to hear a Vertigo Tour version of 11OTT just because it's likely to be so much better. A lot of the songs played on both Elevation and Vertigo have sounded a lot better this time around.

tpsglick2424 said:

Yes in some ways, Desire was very weak in Elevation but it was even weaker being played acoustic during some Vertigo shows..

Yeah....Desire acoustic was NOT good , bring back the electric version!

I also thought that SBS is better on Vertigo than Elevation.
( the Elevation version is played in a differen`t key , am I right???? )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Nisse said:

Agree. It was changed from mid tempo to a slow song. A bit like what happened to An Cat Dubh on Vertigo imo.

:scratch: An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart seemed to be the same as it always was to me.

Not quite, what I mean is that it lacked the energy of the older versions, especially from Bono.

Axver said:

I agree. I'd really like to hear a Vertigo Tour version of 11OTT just because it's likely to be so much better. A lot of the songs played on both Elevation and Vertigo have sounded a lot better this time around.

UTEOTW :drool:

I think UTEOTW was better on Elevation, it had more energy, especially the ending with Bono jamming his mike against the strings and kicking the guitar.

As for 11:00 being to slow, U2 has a very bad habit of playing older songs to slow. Especially ones they haven't played in a while.

Blue Room said:
dont think its an argument. I wouldnt have minded if it was played. I think the point is we are offering opinions as to why they didnt play it. I think the concensus appears to be because they played it on Elevation and didnt feel like playing it this time out.

My point still stands. Them having it played on the past tour is not a valid argument since the same point can be made for most songs. And while I loved having them play ACD/ITH and the Ocean for a while any fool could have told them it was going to be crowd energy black hole. With casual fans making up the bulk of audiences these days if you're going to play old obscure stuff, make sure it has some energy to it.

Oh, and I disagree vehemently with your 11 OClock vs Electric Co assessment!

You are entitled to your wrong opinion. :wink:

Muad'zin said:
I think UTEOTW was better on Elevation, it had more energy, especially the ending with Bono jamming his mike against the strings and kicking the guitar.

There were multiple improvements:

- With Bono's voice being stronger, the song just sounded better.
- Edge's guitar was significantly better sounding, IMO. I don't even think he changed guitars, but it sounded a little smoother.
- Larry's drumming is a little better too.

And the energy was definitely here on Vertigo. The closing was :drool:worthy, with Bono bringing back the "Is this rock n roll?" screams.

Back
Top Bottom