(04-10-05) San Jose II Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
Setlist:
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Original Of The Species

encore(s):
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Last edited:
The Electric CO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love that they played OOTS, but what happened to Zoo Station???

ok, not gonna bitch, just pointing out that it was missing... ;)

OOTS! Yay!

Also, I know many people wish Zoo Station would stay, but I personally though it sounded like crap in the two bootlegs that I listened to (but of course I could think differently if I had seen a show). It was among the first on my list to be taken out (with Elevation).

BUT in any case, as soon as they make a change in the set-list, they are bound to make a fan happy, while making another one less happy. Zoo Station might very well be back for other shows.

See, they are putting in other songs. But why is everyone hoping that they have 10 surprises every night? Seems for some "fans" it's never enough. I'm glad that they are touring and I get to see them a few times!!!

So why did Gloria, With or Without you, Stuck in a moment and ISHFWILF only get played once? I mean, in the first few shows. Good songs, and they could be used to mix things up more. Wouldn't complain about this setlist at all, but just wondering where the other songs are.

No Zoo Station.

We're down to three 90's songs now.

Couldn't they replace Yahweh with Original Of The Species? Much better.
And start playing Until The End Of The World!

But a great setlist nonetheless, and Mysterious Ways is just :rockon::rockon::rockon:

God Part III said:
No Zoo Station.

We're down to three 90's songs now.

Couldn't they replace Yahweh with Original Of The Species? Much better.
And start playing Until The End Of The World!

But a great setlist nonetheless, and Mysterious Ways is just :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I agree with that. I think GONE would be great also.

i think they should keep both of the new ones, it is a tour supporting this album, and these songs both should be played.....

get rid of the black cat, keep the electric co, or gloria, etc. swap nyd and sbs nightly, and put in some sweet AB or other nineties jams!!

Hate to bring up a touchy subject, but did Bono Africanize the Streets intro again? I'm on the "don't screw with Streets" side of the ocean, so I'm really hoping that falls off somewhere before Chicago 1. I know it's not going to leave us completely, but if he could just lay off the intro I'd be so happy.

Sorry to all who love the new intro, I'm all for Bono's causes, just don't mess with mine and Edge's groove on the Streets intro PLEASE!!! Let the flaming begin....

I was front row :rockon: and could see the set list that Bono's roadie with headphones was using.

It was supposed to be...

Pride
Streets
One

Zoo Station
Fly
Mysterious Ways
OOTS

But they obviously changed it. I'm not quite sure why they dropped Zoo Station, but I would be surprised if it returned this tour.

Show was unreal though. Much better order of songs for this show than others. It makes more sense the way they did it last night.

salim117 said:
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Original Of The Species

These 4 in a row :drool:
And with ACD and MW in there too this is the best setlist so far!

Yay OOTS can't wait to hear it!....But i miss Zoo Station :reject:...not complaining..don't hate me :reject:

STERKERNOG said:
See, they are putting in other songs. But why is everyone hoping that they have 10 surprises every night? Seems for some "fans" it's never enough. I'm glad that they are touring and I get to see them a few times!!!

Exactly!

I saw them last week and bought more tickets as a result (for Las Vegas) and I just want to see them again! I don't really care what the heck they play!!!! LOL.

Yes, I hope they play maybe one or two different songs - but I'm just stoked to be able to see them again! :)

Miggy D said:
I was there. OOTS was full band. First live performance full band!

They know how to treat us Bay Area people. :)

-Miggy D

Bono forgot about the Brooklyn show...OOTS was played full band there. Although I don't really blame him for that since it was pretty rough. <g> I was at both Brooklyn and last night's show and last night's performance of it was soooo much better!

I wished they would have played UTEOTW.They could of played it after Vertigo.They still played a good show and i'm not a bit disappointed.

I'm sorry, but that setlist is a complete greatest hits set list, with the exception of 2 songs off BOY. I really think that I would have been somewhat bored at that concert. I was looking forward to Zoo Station b/c I've never heard it live before. But whatever.

This must be the best setlist so far because the band played the best they have on this tour so the changes they made must have helped. MW, V,LAPOE all:rockon:
Best performance of COBL this tour.:applaud:

Just so you all know......."Original" was actually played after "Mysterious Ways"......not after "One".........kind of shocked that a fan site got it wrong.

Oh, and I think "Zoo Station" was dropped due to time constraints.......the band doesn't want to go past 11 PM, or else they'll be forced to pay fines........they came on a few minutes later than usual, and because "OOTS" was added, something else had to go.

:eyebrow: What's with all the negativity towards "electric co ", from the bootleg i've heard it's still a powerful song and a worthy addition to the set list.I hope when they get to the european leg of the tour they will still be playing plenty of old songs

BigMacPhisto said:
Just so you all know......."Original" was actually played after "Mysterious Ways"......not after "One".........kind of shocked that a fan site got it wrong.

Uhh no it wasn't.

OOTS was the highlight of SJ 2 for me.

The whole setlist from SJ 2 was great, actually.

It really flowed well, starting with the four uptempo songs at the beginning, perfect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom