U2.com Members Only Entitled to One Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2.com Members Only Entitled to One Show

Today, U2.com members were sent an e-mail with their Veritgo Tour presale code and learned the following...

As a Paid-up U2.Com Subscriber you will be able to purchase up to two (2) tickets for any one (1) indoor show (North America) or up to four (4) tickets for any one (1) outdoor show (Europe).

Somewhat confused by the language of this statement, a call was made to FanFire where Interference.com learned that a $20 or $40 U2.com subscription only entitles members to tickets for one show.

Looks like all of us will be trying our luck on the general sales after all.

--Interference.com

Ok...so I got 2 emails, one with a code for being a Prop subscriber, one with a different code for being a U2.com member. Anyone know which code to use? Or can I get 2 tickets with each code? I'm confused.

On the plus side, at least they got the codes out pretty efficiently this time.

Thanks,

-Mike

they had to do this- what would have happened had they allowed 4 tickets for as many shows as you wanted? Those that aren't members of u2.com would have had far less chance to get tickets. There are plenty of U2 fans out there who want to see their favourite band in concert who don't have access to a presale via u2.com. I agree that it's not as generous as other pre-sales I've used but this is what we've got, I still think there is a better chance of getting tickets this way than trying when they go on public sale

djparky said:
they had to do this- what would have happened had they allowed 4 tickets for as many shows as you wanted? Those that aren't members of u2.com would have had far less chance to get tickets. There are plenty of U2 fans out there who want to see their favourite band in concert who don't have access to a presale via u2.com. I agree that it's not as generous as other pre-sales I've used but this is what we've got, I still think there is a better chance of getting tickets this way than trying when they go on public sale

I agree they had to set some limit, but I would have liked to have had the option of using one each of the 2 tickets to see 2 different shows. I feel worse for the European pre-sale, it would have been nice since they have the option of buying 4 tickets, to use them for different shows imho :reject:

Mike P said:
Ok...so I got 2 emails, one with a code for being a Prop subscriber, one with a different code for being a U2.com member. Anyone know which code to use? Or can I get 2 tickets with each code? I'm confused.

On the plus side, at least they got the codes out pretty efficiently this time.

Thanks,

-Mike

Mike,
I think you can use each code to buy 2 tickets. The code is unique to the user logon for u2.com.

But don't quote me on that. :wink:

sure they had to set a limit, but this is about as limited as it can possibly get. (kelly--your idea sounds pretty good--no need to duck for cover for that opinion).
i was hoping for the option of 2 arena AND 4 stadium tix.....oh well.
i wonder if there will be another pre-sale for the 2nd North America leg?

those cheap fucking Irish bastards. $40 for a membership that gets me two tickets to one show!? I wonder if I can cancel my membership.

We're annoyed because we want to see multiple shows which we can do if we work together and swop tickets. Take up your full compliment of 2 or 4 and swop the spares.

Quick question from a newbie:

As a member of U2.com, are we guaranteed to get tickets during this pre-sale event? Or are we competing with other U2.com members for a limited number of pre-sale seats?

Thanks!

You are competing with other U2.com members for a limited number of pre-sales seats for that venue. There'll probably be enough seats for all members, just not at a single venue.

C ya!

Marty

AngelofHarlem01 said:
I have a question if U2 does any outdoor dates in North America, do we still get just 2 tickets each or do we get 4 for those venues? Cos why does Europe get 4 for outdoor shows, and not us?

Maybe because a stadium can hold more people than an arena?

Hello everyone!!
First of all, I live in Spain and I want u to know that I believe it's not fair to limit u to 2 tickets to all North Americans fans,
and secondly, I've got a doubt I hope u could resolve it......can I combine my 4-tickets-code for buying 2 for a show and other 2 for a different one?? .... any idea??, either it isn't fair for us....I think it's impossible, but dreaming doesn't cost money!!
Thanks and greets from the other side of the Atlantic!!!

I posted this in another thread but I don't know if people will read it or not.
Ok, the tickets go on sale Tuesday at 10 am in the US. I have to have my mom buy the tickets because I will be in a leadership class all day and am not allowed to miss it. So if I give her the presale code, she should be able to just go to ticketmaster.com, look up U2, and *hopefully* get my GA ticket? Is it really that simple with the whole presale thing?

If you put that $40 toward Ebay...you can pick the number of tickets and shows...seems like a better investment.

From what I have seen of the "Members" area of U2.com...big whoop. Fan sites are FAR more indepth.

Just a thought:

Estimated 150,000 propaganda members times $20.00 a head = $3 Million Dollars. And they haven't sold a ticket yet. That doesn't include the none prop members paying $40!

Kind of like realizing you have thrown away a fortune on rent, it is staggering if you think about how much money you have spent on U2. I have been tracking it for a few years back to Elevation.

To Date Spent: $3217.90

It does not sound like you will be able to divide up the 4 Stadium tickets between 2 shows. Your code will likely only give you access to 1 Show, up to 4 Tickets to that 1 Stadium.

As for the question of whether the whole presale thing will be easy. NOOOOOOO!!!! It won't be easy. I see you live in Vegas, so getting a GA ticket for that show will be far from easy. I suggest you have your mother familiarize herself with the Ticketmaster system, and also pre-enter credit card information using their account system.

She will probably have to get through the process very quickly in order to get a Floor ticket, and it will take some luck as well.

macphistofreak said:
Ok, the tickets go on sale Tuesday at 10 am in the US. I have to have my mom buy the tickets because I will be in a leadership class all day and am not allowed to miss it. So if I give her the presale code, she should be able to just go to ticketmaster.com, look up U2, and *hopefully* get my GA ticket? Is it really that simple with the whole presale thing?

I think she needs to log in through U2.com. Go to u2.com/tours and you should have your question answered.

Grrreat. I'm so nervous now, my stomach is in knots over this whole thing. If I am not able to get a ticket, but someone else happens to get a ticket for the floor in Las Vegas, I will happily buy it from you.

macphistofreak said:

Your mother will need your u2.com username and password as well.

dsmith2904 said:

I think she needs to log in through U2.com. Go to u2.com/tours and you should have your question answered.

I went there and it answered all my questions, including the one I was most worried about:
"Q. Does the Internet pre-sale start on the same day for all shows?
A. No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to view all of the shows included in the pre-sale and the start date of the pre-sale for each show by following the links in the email containing your unique access code. "
So if it's on a different day, I can ditch school and do it myself! Woohoo! Thanks so much SoCalMusicLover and dsmith2904 and everyone else that's trying to help, you've really put my mind (and stomach) at ease. :heart: :heart:
If any of you are coming to Vegas, let me know and I might be able to get you discounts on hotel rooms, shows etc. because sometimes residents can get lower rates.

I think everybody will get the tickets they are looking for no need to worry. Unless U2.com crashes on the day of the presale of course lol

Yahweh said:
I think everybody will get the tickets they are looking for no need to worry. Unless U2.com crashes on the day of the presale of course lol

The sort of optimism that's usually prevalent a few days before the presale. Don't mean to throw water on your parade, but as someone who has done these things before, I can assure you that on Wednesday, people will be complaining about how few seats were available, and that there were not enough good seats put onsale.

Then there will be a couple of days where people get pumped up for the regular onsales, where people will scramble to get whatever tickets they can.

I'm worried that there might be a lot of new members to U2.Com, and they All want GA tickets.

I hope it works out ok Tuesday morning. Im gonna have to try and get my boss to let me use his internet for 10mins to buy the tickets....

At this moment im still undecided to buy the tickets for Twickenham or Dublin...as I know I will def be going to London and am unsure about Dublin but Dublin tix are gonna be harder to get if I can go...ahhhh Why cant it be 2 tix for 2 shows!!!

I'm a Nervous Wreck! :laugh: :huh:

Just sent my second email to u2.com telling them I hope they choke on all the money they stole from former Proganda members. 20 bucks (or $40) for 2 tickets to one show is riddiculous for a fanclub. At different times I've been a fanclub member for DMB, Pearl Jam, & Celine Dion (the wife). No one limits their fans to ONE show. Why is it so difficult to allow 3-4 shows with a 2 ticket limit per show per leg? Hell even 2 shows would be a little better.

Are the passcodes the same for everyone?

I was wondering if their is any way that the passcodes are reusable. In addition, I had to retrieve my passcode from my junkmail box even though U2 bounce was under my hotmail safe list.

This post was edited to remove your personal ticket code. All ticket codes are unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were you and if that really is your passcode I would quickly edit your post and delete it. I won't even quote you because then your code will live in emphamy.

Do you want some to actually steal it and then you won't be able to use it yourself? What part of "do not show it to anyone" that it said on the email did you not understand?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom