U2.com Members Only Entitled to One Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cuneatus2 said:
Both my brothers got GA for Los Angeles...I got nosebleed.

I eventually got 4 for Manchester in the pre-sale (would have preferred 2 at 2 shows)- but the b*stards didn't tell me that I wouldn't then be able to participate in the open sale.

Mike

I'm not a U2.com member. I live in Manchester, and on Friday I went to the BoxOffice in town centre (which sells tickets to all gigs in the area) at 2:30pm.

I lucked out and bought the *last remaining* GA (standing) ticket they had! (cost £50)

I'm buzzing - this will be my first U2 concert!

Last edited:
Neil, we older fans had a saying back in the '80's: that going to your first U2 concert was "getting baptized."

You are about to go through one of the great experiences of your life so far. And it just may turn out to be one THE great ones, period.

Which is just about what it describes. Going to your first U2 concert is like reading "Lord of the Rings" for the first time. It is truly a life-changing, watershed experience, and if you just happen to get a really good show, when the crowd is right up there with the band, and you can feel the band in turn feeding off the crowd, when it all comes together, when the band and auduence are really "one", it is truly one of the great experiences of your life, and it;s what keeps us devoted fans coming back tour after tour even when we may hate the album it;s for. I have seen Bruce Springsteen live too, the other great live performer of modern times, and I swear, U2 are better. Not awhole lot better, but when they are really on a good night, they put himin the dust.

The thing to remember about U2 shows, the thing that makes them different from anyone else, is that it is not the band that makes the show great.

It is the AUDIENCE. The audience is so ALIVE, so electrified, that the band feeds off them. When Bono walked onto the stage, he used to have a little habit of holding the mike out to the crowd, as if he was "testing" it somehow. Nowadays, he usually sings a phrase or does some vocal thing to get the crowd jazzed up, if he thinks they need to be.

U2 shows are different than anyone else's beucase of one word: JOY. People don't continue compare it to areligious experience for nothing. I can't explain the electric current that runs through the place. Youh ave to experience it yourself.

And what is true for the rest of the place is ten times truer in the GA area. It is a totally different feeling. It's like a whole different subculture down there. You will feel really special. You are lucky as a European to get GA as you have no arenas in Europe like we have here. It won't be crowded, you don't have to worry about gettng crushed. There is plenty of "elbow room." You'll be surprised. The band have worked out the number of "seats" to allow extra room for dancers. This was a big concern here in the States, we hadn't had GA since 1977 after that Who concert when 11 people were crushed to death. .American prmoters did away with Ga after that. U2 in 2001 were the first act to bring back the GA since then and it was quite big in the media at the time..it was VERY controversial and people didn't think they could pull it off. Everyone was must kind of waiting with baited breath to see what would happen. I think the only way they were able to sell it to prmoters was the fans rep of not being rowdy, etc. So the band follow American safety precuations. You wil be OK. People in GA are very nice too. They let kids and short people up to the front, they don't push and shove, and bes tof all, people have thier own little rituals. The T-shirts, signs, etc. You ar ein fir a great fan experience, as well as the show itself! Hok up with other GA ticket holders if you can and find out what things they plan to do!

I am so happy for you!!!!

Last edited:
Need to know more about U2 group.

Hello!
I need to know why does the U2 Group always going to San Jose, California for their concert. I used to live there for almost 33 years an half. I know that these people who were involved U2 Group come from Ireland. However, I'm half Irish and Half English. The reason why I said that because I seen those group U2 kept coming for concert in San Jose,Calif. mostly of the time. Does anyone or relative of U2 group living in that area? I'm so curiousity! Sorry about that! Forgive me!

I got tix (8) to 2 shows for the 2nd Leg using 1 presale code....I beat the system!:laugh:

It's magical! It's orgasmic! It's a miracle!

But I did still get stiffed on scalped tix I had to buy for the 1st Leg.:mad:

Questions???

nobodysbabynow said:
I got tix (8) to 2 shows for the 2nd Leg using 1 presale code....I beat the system!:laugh:

It's magical! It's orgasmic! It's a miracle!

But I did still get stiffed on scalped tix I had to buy for the 1st Leg.:mad:

Hey there...

A couple of questions for you (and others)

1)How were you able to 'beat the system' and use your code twice?

2)Can one U2.com member use someone else's code? In other words, if "John" cannot use his pre-sale code, can his friend "Jimmy" use the code? Or does U2.com recognize that "Jimmy" may have already purchased tix for the first leg of the tour?

Any help with this or emailing me unusable codes would be greatly appreciated/compensted (paypro@aol.com)

Thanks,
MBH
NY

Back
Top Bottom