U2.com Members Only Entitled to One Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that info on time zones will be helpful for many - thanks, kelly!:wink:

does any one if u use ur passcode for tickets on the first leg , if u can still do the presale for the third leg. i live in tampa , but i want to go to one of the chicago shows. but since they will probably come to florida on the 3rd leg, i dont want to use my code if i cant get a chance for a florida show on the 3rd leg. i was just wonderin if anybody knew if u could get 2 tickets for one show on both legs?

allbecauseofme said:
does any one if u use ur passcode for tickets on the first leg , if u can still do the presale for the third leg. i live in tampa , but i want to go to one of the chicago shows. but since they will probably come to florida on the 3rd leg, i dont want to use my code if i cant get a chance for a florida show on the 3rd leg. i was just wonderin if anybody knew if u could get 2 tickets for one show on both legs?

As written on u2.com:

*You can only use your access code once. This means that you can only purchase for a single event and you should be quite sure of your selection before you submit your access code. Please review the tour itinerary fully. Purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 tickets per transaction on a one-time transaction basis. For example you cannot use your access code twice in order to buy two sets of two tickets.
Do not enter your access code until you are ready to purchase tickets.

Question: the pre-sale starts at 10am your time zone correct? So here in America East Cost basically has first dibs on any show, correct?

Last edited:
its probabaly for the timezone of the venues. So the east caost tickets will be available from 10 am at taht time zone and the european tickets for example later on when its 10 am here in europe i think (and hope because that would be really unfair)

Called fanfire customer service to clarify a couple of things. As a member you are entitled to 1 show period. Your membership gets you the one code that will only be good once. It can never be reused (for later on sale dates) and you will not get another one for a later leg. If you want another code, you'll have to pony up another $40 bucks. Talk about limiting your fan club. Just a pathetic fanclub. Propaganda was always good for coming up with multiple shows and you got real cd's with lossless music, not crappy quality downloads. As I have said earlier, Pearl Jam, DMB, & Celine Dion (for the wife) all allow multiple show purchases. PEarl Jam sells a lossless version of every show instead of maybe offering crappy downloads because the group has gotten into bed with iPod. Simply pathetic.

This is very dissapointing.
I think the band's managers have sold out the loyal core fans to these ticketers & promoters who will screw us all.

ie the promoters & ticketers guarantees a fix$ to the band ahead of time & they do the ticketing & promotion with the caveat that they set aside seats for the fanclub.

Obviously, we know how ticketmaster runs things in this country. :madspit:

One more thing that really sucks is that the one code we have will be worthless for about half the shows. I just don't see any system that would allow access to the additional dates in advance. The additional dates open on the on sale date when the first show(s) sell out. How would my code help me at that point? Last bitch (for now at least) is where is the priority for former propaganda members. I know those of you who were not members of Propaganda would prefer everyone being on equal terms, but fact of the mater is the band has had money from longer term fans for quite a length of time without delivering what they agreed to. To make matters worse they said they would provide priority and apparently have no intention of delivering on their word.

I see people speaking about a Las Vegas show and getting floor tickets, but I am not even seeing it on the tour sked.

I'm just curious as to what everyone is looking at??

Be careful buying through totaltickets. The pre-sale is through ticketmaster. totaltickets is listing huge markups. $250 for GA, $550 for lower seats. The band has specified through u2.com that GA tix are going to be $49.50 plus taxes. So I think the prices you're seeing now are quite inflated. Remember, the pre-sale begins tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10am local time.

Jon

Last edited:
Montreal is not on the first leg. Should i save my U2.com pre-sale option for the third leg or will u2.com members be offered a presale in the next leg, too? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Jon

Klink said:
Montreal is not on the first leg. Should i save my U2.com pre-sale option for the third leg or will u2.com members be offered a presale in the next leg, too? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Jon

Save it if you want it for Montreal. A couple of post above are the answers I got when I called fanfire (they run u2.com). You will only get one code and it will only be good once PERIOD. There will be no more codes for future on sale dates or legs. What you got is all you are going to get. I too would like to see a show in Montreal in the fall. My brother lives in NH and it would be great to fly in and meet up with him. I guess I'll have to buy another membership to do that.

hey all...
at least you guys get to go to a show. It seems like Toronto is off the list this time, so I spent $40 for what?? Totally disappointing, I can't even go to a Detroit show, because there isn't one!! :mad: :mad: :( :mad:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110137&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

OK, now I am getting conflicting info. This thread says ONE code, ONE show, keep it for a third leg show and everything is kosher.

The link to the thread above states that Fan Fare is making a second pre-sale code available to U2.com members for the third leg.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do the management here at Interference have any contacts at Fan Fare that can clear this up???

We are on the verge of a HUGE fan backlash against U2.com and some offical word from Fan Fare might clear up a lot of this frenzy.

has anyone got any idea of the prices for the UK shows??

Have seem them on some of those inflated ticket websites but not the offical pre-sale prices.

Like many others i'm a bit disappointed that I cannot buy them for the additional dates that are obviously going to be announced. Would love to go to Dublin but it would have to be the saturday.

Will have to opt for Manchester or Glasgow on the pre-sale then try and get tickets in the free for all for other the other and possibly Dublin.

Still at least they are back on tour and going to see them again. :yes:

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say that this code is only for the first and second legs of the tour (i.e., NA and Europe).

Once the third leg of the tour is announced - and note it has NOT been - we may get another code. Propaganda allowed us a chance to get tickets for the first leg and third leg, but only after the third leg was announced.

Therefore, my educated guess suggests that people use their codes right away as they'll get a new code for the third leg of the tour. But I could be VERy wrong on this. If FanFire or U2.com can confirm this "educted guess" it would be beneficial. I'd hate to see people hold onto their codes thinking they need them for the third leg and find out that not only do they get a new code but that these early codes are now useless for the third leg!

Based on past experience with Propaganda, I agree fully with what Doctorwho has said. I also feel you're going to have to be very patient waiting for the third leg. Historically U2 do not announce the return leg of N America until after the first leg is over. Unless they do it differently this time, I would not expect the announcement before June at the earliest.

U2WOJO said:

Save it if you want it for Montreal. A couple of post above are the answers I got when I called fanfire (they run u2.com). You will only get one code and it will only be good once PERIOD. There will be no more codes for future on sale dates or legs. What you got is all you are going to get. I too would like to see a show in Montreal in the fall. My brother lives in NH and it would be great to fly in and meet up with him. I guess I'll have to buy another membership to do that.

Thanks for the reply. My point of confusion is that they opened up addtional pre-sale options for the elevation tour when the third leg was announced. Is it my estimation that they won't be in eastern Canada for the first leg. they'll likely only add dates in the venues they're already at. So is it possible, like elevationm, that we can use re-use the code in a presale for future 3rd leg dates? Thanks,

Jon

Here are the answers I received from U2 . com about the presale.

It is clear as mud to me but maybe it will help others that are wondering.

I know you guys are getting slammed with questions, but I think there
is a very important one that needs to be answered before tomorrows
pre-sale.
Will u2.com members get another pre-sale code for the 3rd leg of the tour?
There are a lot of us members that live in states that won't get a
concert until the fall. Will our current codes be good for those
concerts if we don't use them now, or will we be issued another code
for that leg of the tour?

Thank you,
Carmella

Carmella,

The pre-sale code you have received is only good for one show. If you
pass on the first leg and find a show on the second, you can use your
code then. No more codes will be issued.

Best,
U2.com

do you mean the 2nd leg passing through N. America (actually the 3rd
leg) in the fall?

i ask because when U2 come back to the states in the Fall that is when
they will play my state of TEXAS.

will i be able to save my code for those concerts? since they are not
even announced or on sale yet.

thank you,
carmella

Your code will work once only, for the available show that will be
announced for pre-sale.

Best,
U2.com

EPandAmerica said:
Here are the answers I received from U2 . com about the presale.

It is clear as mud to me but maybe it will help others that are wondering.

I know you guys are getting slammed with questions, but I think there
is a very important one that needs to be answered before tomorrows
pre-sale.
Will u2.com members get another pre-sale code for the 3rd leg of the tour?
There are a lot of us members that live in states that won't get a
concert until the fall. Will our current codes be good for those
concerts if we don't use them now, or will we be issued another code
for that leg of the tour?

Thank you,
Carmella

Carmella,

The pre-sale code you have received is only good for one show. If you
pass on the first leg and find a show on the second, you can use your
code then. No more codes will be issued.

Best,
U2.com

do you mean the 2nd leg passing through N. America (actually the 3rd
leg) in the fall?

i ask because when U2 come back to the states in the Fall that is when
they will play my state of TEXAS.

will i be able to save my code for those concerts? since they are not
even announced or on sale yet.

thank you,
carmella

Your code will work once only, for the available show that will be
announced for pre-sale.

Best,
U2.com

Good thing they answered your question. [/sarcasm]

I'm of the opinion that they'll use the third leg as another opportunity to sign on u2.com subscribers, and thus, will offer yet another code.

Carmella,
Thanks for answering. Obviously these people are not as clear about what's going on as they were about telling us our membership is only good for "one (1) show".

See, there's no doubt U2 will come to Montreal on this tour. It's the loudest building and it's a city of 3.6 million people, a sizeable market with a high per capita U2 fan base. I don't think they'll re-issue new codes, but I don't see how it makes sense that they can offer (sell for $40) pre-sale tickets to people all over North America and then only offer a small number of venues for which those tix can be used, mostly on the west coast. Are they saying that the pre-sale option that was sold to us (easterners) at U2.com is only good for these very few North American places on the first leg? I'm sorry, for an eastern Canadian that's unacceptable.

On the Elevation tour, I believe they opened up a new presale to existing members when they announced the third leg. If you hadn't used your membership prior to that, you could still use it to buy 3rd leg tickets before the general public. Does anybody have any info on this? Thanks.

Jon

And, to top it all off, U2.com is going nuts on me. It loads the same thread every time I click on something. Is this happening to anyone else?

Jon

Last edited:
Klink said:
Carmella,
Thanks for answering. Obviously these people are not as clear about what's going on as they were about telling us our membership is only good for "one (1) show".

See, there's no doubt U2 will come to Montreal on this tour. It's the loudest building and it's a city of 3.6 million people, a sizeable market with a high per capita U2 fan base. I don't think they'll re-issue new codes, but I don't see how it makes sense that they can offer (sell for $40) pre-sale tickets to people all over North America and then only offer a small number of venues for which those tix can be used, mostly on the west coast. Are they saying that the pre-sale option that was sold to us (easterners) at U2.com is only good for these very few North American places on the first leg? I'm sorry, for an eastern Canadian that's unacceptable.

On the Elevation tour, I believe they opened up a new presale to existing members when they announced the third leg. If you hadn't used your membership prior to that, you could still use it to buy 3rd leg tickets before the general public. Does anybody have any info on this? Thanks.

Jon

Jon,

I could not have said it better myself. To all of those people who think we are moaning and whinning about not being able to see U2, PLEASE READ THE ABOVE QUOTE. Clarification is ALL WE ARE LOOKING FOR.

For those of you in the US south west passing judgement on the rest of us, please be happy that you have no questions that need answers. By the end of this week, most of you will have tickets in hand and the satisfaction of knowing that your $40.00 was well spent.

I am worried that Fan Fare have not come out with an OFFICIAL statement on this because we might not like the answer they give us.

Jon, I am with you. I think we should be allowed to use our ONE unique pre-sale code to buy tickets for dates on the third leg when the band comes to Canada or the NE US. Even if they issue new codes, I'll be happy so long as I don't have to pay $40.00 again.

The former Prop members are assuming the same thing will happen this time, as happened on the last tour. Namely, another pre-sale code will be issued for tickets on the third leg.

Other people are reporting that they have spoken DIRECTLY to Fan Fare and they have confirmed that each U2.com member will only receive ONE code to be used for one show on the ENTIRE tour.

No one from Fan Fare or U2.com have made an official announcement, which in the end is what we need to end this ridiculous mess.

Questions in point form. I want to go see U2 in Montreal. Montreal is not on the first leg. What are my options?

1)Can I use my special access code on future legs of the tour (ie. 3rd leg) that are not announced yet. If yes, read number 2) If no, skip to number 3).

2) If you answered yes to 1), can you please tell me how this will work?

----2a) Can we use our membership once on the first leg and then re-use it again for a new presale on the third leg? Or...

----2b) Can we only use our membership on the 1st OR 3rd legs in North America (ie. one of the two). Or...

----2c) Is the pre-sale only available once for the small number of dates already released and therefore we must use the membership on the first or second legs?

3) I can't believe it. We all buy memberships and the northeast gets only 5 dates in 3 venues? The closest one is a 5 and a half hour drive from the closest major city in Canada (Montreal). If the pre-sale is only open for the first and second legs, then I would like to return my membership, as it is a completely useless asset in my quest to see U2 in Montreal.

Thanks for any info.

Jon

P.S. Shono, don't worry about what other people are saying about us. But to you I say that what we want is not unreasonable for USD $40. We want shows, we want tickets and we want to know that our cities (populous enough), our loyalty (past sellouts) and our USD $40 are being taken seriously. We're all just as loyal as those in NY or LA and while not as big, Canadians are the second highest per capita U2 buyers in the world (behind Ireland). 60+% of those buyers are on the 2% of our territory between Windsor and Quebec City. Montreal (3.6 million) and Toronto (5.2 million) are by far the two largest markets in that area and deserve shows...and I think my USD $40 earns me the right to go see them in the one I choose. If that's not on the first leg, I can live with that...as long as my membership gets me to the Bell Centre when U2 is there, even if it's next winter.

Last edited:
im so glad right now that george bush has screwed the USD exchange rate to the point where $40 is closer to £20 than £30 as it would have been a few years ago......

Ive spoken to Fanfire and Ticketmaster.

IF there is a presale for the third leg, the code you have right now will be the one to use.

After midnite tonite, the presale codes for the ENTIRE TOUR are over, finito, done. This is to prevent people from signing onto u2.com once the main public announcement has been made.

There will be no second batch of presale codes.

The rep acknowledged that by NOT purchasing presale tickets tomorrow, you are opening yourself up to the slight risk that there will not be a presale to take advantage of for leg 3. However, both FanFire and TM rep said that would be highly unlikely, as the majority of artists using the presale system do so for all the legs of a given tour.

And if all else fails and you wait for leg 3 and there is no presale, you may cancel your membership at any time and recieve a pro-rated refund.

Not that that's much consolation - lol

Klink said:
And, to top it all off, U2.com is going nuts on me. It loads the same thread every time I click on something. Is this happening to anyone else?

Jon

Their messageboard has been down since last night, which I find totally unbelivable.

I wonder if they just took it down to avoid traffic on the server or just to avoid dealing with a billion threads about the presale, tour dates etc.

gabrielvox, THANK YOU for posting that info. I guess I'm just going to risk it and save my code for for a leg 3 pre-sale (that is, IF there's a leg 3). :|

Back
Top Bottom