(11-19-2005) It's Official! Australia To Get Vertigo - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
It's Official! Australia To Get Vertigo

Eight years after they last played Australia, U2 are taking the Vertigo Tour to Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney in March. The shows are the first to be announced for 'Vertigo '06' which will kick off in February and also stop in Mexico, South America, New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

U2.Com can exclusively confirm the Australian dates - tickets will go on general sale on Monday December 5th.

Friday March 17 Auckland Ericsson Stadium

Tuesday March 21 Brisbane Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre

Friday March 24 Melbourne Telstra Dome

Tuesday March 28 Adelaide AAMI Stadium

Friday March 31 Sydney Telstra Stadium

Tickets are priced at $99 for General Admission to the stadium field area,with Reserved Seat tickets to be priced between $99 and $199. Ticket sales outlet information will be released one week prior to the on-sale date of December 5.

Since the Vertigo Tour kicked off in San Diego last March, three and a half million fans have filled 110 shows in North America and Europe. Meanwhile, a year after release, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb enjoys 9 million sales worldwide and this week 'U2//Vertigo//2005 Live from Chicago, a live DVD of the show was released worldwide.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1810

Can I warn everyone who hasn't been to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne that it is LOUD. A football match with a full crowd (52'000) is loud enough, I shudder to think what a U2 concert will be like! Seating is pretty good too, you'll be very close to the action, except for the top level.

And dammit, why do tickets go on sale the day before payday?! My payday between then and now I have to pay rent, bills, and I'll have nothing left to save for the 5th. Maybe I'll just rob a bank, and buy a ticket off eBay (you can bet most of the best seats will be on eBay within hours, selling for ten times the original price).

There'll be a second and third show in Melbourne, surely?

My last, and only, U2 show was 1993. Getting a ticket for that was a nightmare. All the good seating was already allocated to business, corporations, and other groups and individuals. I ended up getting a seat through a friend's workplace, but the other people I sat with (a security guard kept walking up and down screaming at us to sit down! We kept standing) didn't seem to be U2 fans, they didn't make any noise, and a third of them kept going back and forth buying beer DURING the performance. Popmart I was in hospital and couldn't go. So this tour, I am DETERMINED to get a good spot with good people.

Is there a way we can organise some sort of General Admission line group, where we save each other spots in the GA line, etc? That would be brilliant if we can organise that here, or on another message board where aussie U2 fans congregate.

Last edited:
Indiana Jones said:
Can I warn everyone who hasn't been to the Telstra Dome in Melbourne that it is LOUD. A football match with a full crowd (52'000) is loud enough, I shudder to think what a U2 concert will be like!

This is precisely why I have earplugs. I value my hearing. My vision's shot so I don't want to risk any harm to my ears.

There'll be a second and third show in Melbourne, surely?

A second one has been widely discussed and will probably go on sale as soon as the first sells out.

A third, no. Even if they could sell it out, there's no room for it to fit in the schedule.

Melbourne sold out in less than half an hour. Despite having broadband cable, I couldn't get a GA ticket. In fact, I didn't get a ticket at all.

I can not describe how angry I am right now, especially looking at eBay and seeing dozens of tickets already on sale there. GA tickets are already on sale on eBay, within an hour of tickets being sold out, and are going for $300+!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm angry, I'm disgusted, and I'm ready to kill someone ...

I was lucky enough to get my tickets at Ticketek at 8.45 this morning. The beauty of living in Melbourne and actually wanting tickets to the Sydney show.
Does anyone know if the procedure for the ellipse in Aus is going to the same as it was for the North American leg?

Wild_Honey said:
I was lucky enough to get my tickets at Ticketek at 8.45 this morning.

8:45am??? But tix went on sale at 9am! How'd you manage that?

I hope U2 do something about the eBay scalpers, it's criminal what they're charging.

I'm still in shock, cable internet, all I had to do was click the mouse button once, but I still missed out. Unbelievable. If I hear one person complain about the show next March, I'm going to kill them.

I honestly don't know how I got them!! I said the girl 'Can I get my U2 sydney tickets here??" Expecting her to say "Yeah but not until 9am", she said "Sure how many would you like?" and started punching it in, I walked away from the counter with my tickets in my hand at 8.56am!

LOL You are so bloody lucky! :dancing:

I seriously gave thought to knocking on a Ticketmaster door, or staking out the employees as they arrived for work, and then dropping to my knees and begging them to book tickets early for me. I decided the internet would be a lot more reliable. Har!

Ah well, a second show will go on sale next week, and I'll be read for that one ...

Not sure how many tickets are left for the Adelaide show...if you miss out on tickets in Sydney or Melbourne you could try adelaide. Fortunatley i used my pre sale code. It is going to be frickin awesome!

You can also try showbiz dot com dot au

You'll have to pay extra for preconcert cocktails, but its one way to guarantee tickets.

I bought A reserve seats from this agency 2 days before they officially went on sale to the public through Ticketek. They are a reputable organisation and i've bought tickets from them before.

PLEASE MELBOURNE U2 FANS

I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am not a huge U2 fan but i was told the following " If you don't witness a live U2 concert..you haven't lived." So a friend and i obviously want to live so we rang and logged on and lined up and finally bought 2 reserve tickets to the melbourne concert in March....

I now really want to get into the Music....What i would love is a setlist of the songs people thinks they will most probably play in the Melbourne Vertigo concert so i can learn those songs and sing a long at the concert... I know they will play one, and streets have no name....

What eLse

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....even the obvious ones they will play....

Thanks!!!

Vertigo, I Will Follow, The Electric Co., Elevation, New Year's Day, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, All I Want Is You, City of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, With or Without You, All Because of You, Yahweh, Vertigo

That was the standard european set but they might also play bad, 40, mofo, until the end of the world, mysterious ways, the first time, stuck in a moment, Original Of The Species, Discotheque, Out of Control, Fast Cars and maybe one tree hill but it hasn't happened so far but either has mofo and they've rehearsed that

Thanks so much for that feed back

I will download those songs as we speak...

U2.com just announced

"08.03.2006
Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed.

It is with great regret that tour promoter The Next Adventure announces the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band. The effected dates are listed below.

'Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them.'

The effected shows, which are all sold out, are: March 17th & 18th, Ericcson Stadium AUCKLAND; 21st, Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre BRISBANE; 24TH & 25TH, Telstra Dome, MELBOURNE; 28th, AAMI Stadium ADELAIDE; 31st & 1st April, Telstra Stadium, SYDNEY; 4th, Nissan Stadium YOKOHAMA; 8th Aloha Stadium, HONOLULU.

We'll bring you more news on U2.Com as we get it. "

Back
Top Bottom