(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE!

The dates, cities, venues and ticket information on the tour we've all been waiting for!

U2 will begin the first leg of their Vertigo//2005 world tour in San Diego on March, 28th 2005.

Vertigo//2005 will visit 13 cities in North America before arriving in Brussels on June 10th for the first of 24 scheduled European performances, finishing up in Lisbon in the middle of August.

Here's the detail - get ready to book!

NORTH AMERICA DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

March 28th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 1st Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 5th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 9th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 14th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
April 20th Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 24th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 28th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
May 7th & May 9th Chicago, IL - United Center
May 14 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
May 17 & May 18 East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
May 21 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May 24 & May 26 Boston, MA - Fleet Center

Tickets for performances in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and San Diego will go on sale this Saturday, January 29th.

Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)

Once again, U2 will offer General Admission floor tickets giving fans the best view in the house for the lowest ticket price. Reserved seat tickets in the stands will also be available. In North America, general admission floor tickets will be $49.50 (plus applicable service fees). Additional ticket prices will vary per market. There will be an 8 ticket limit per person with a maximum purchase of 2 general admission floor tickets.

EUROPEAN DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION

June 10th Brussels - King Baudouin Stadium
June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
June 14th Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium
June 18th London - Twickenham Stadium
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park
June 24th Dublin - Croke Park
June 29th Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium
5th July Katowice - Slaski Stadium
7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9th July Paris - Stade de France
11th July Zurich – Letzigrund Stadium
13th July Amsterdam – Arena
19th July Milan - San Siro
23rd July Rome - Olympic Stadium
27th July Oslo - Vallehovin Stadium;
29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium
31st July Copenhagen - Parken

3rd August Munich - Olympic Stadium
5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou
9th August San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade

Tickets for the UK shows go on sale at 9am Friday, January 28th; tickets for Brussels go on sale Saturday, January 29th and tickets for Dublin go on sale on Friday 4th February. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the coming weeks.)

Paid-up subscribers to U2.Com http://www.u2.com/subscribe can take part in a presale of tour tickets which begins on Tuesday 25th January, four days ahead of the general onsale - they will receive an e-mail about this direct with booking information.

More news on Vertigo//2005 as we get it.

There are some big gaps between a lot of the first leg shows. Either they have had problems rescheduling some shows or they are deliberately leaving extra time off because of the illness in Edge's family.

I'm both excited and disappointed. There's only one New York date. Yeah, there's the New Jersey shows and they're supposed to come back for a second leg, but still. They played more shows in NYC during the Elevation tour. There's something suspicious about that. Especially with all the admiration they have for the city.

Oh well, anyway. I'll try to get tickets for both the New York and New Jersey shows.

Last edited:
Zootomic said:
There are some big gaps between a lot of the first leg shows. Either they have had problems rescheduling some shows or they are deliberately leaving extra time off because of the illness in Edge's family.

No, there's no way they'd only have 1 show at the garden...NEVER!

They'll add more dates in some cities when the first show sells out.

Axver said:
They'll add more dates in some cities when the first show sells out.

But wasn't the "official" rumor that there would be like 30 scheduled shows on the first leg. That's what they did for Elevation . . . I only count 16 shows here, and there are, as has been pointed out, huge gaps between shows. This seems odd. :eyebrow:

uggh! . it's killing me.. i'd love to see the third leg tour dates now..as the closest show to me on the first leg is 10 hours to denver and it on a wed night!!

They will be having a 3rd leg, right? The dates just haven't come out yet? I live in Vegas and they CAN NOT miss us! Come on, they get to go get drunk and gamble afterwards, what more could you want?

I don't think there will be a second MSG show on the first leg - there is a WNBA game scheduled on the 22nd. Beats me though why the 17th and 18th are at Continental...MSG is wide open then and the day before too!

MKWU2 said:
ya they usually just announce a date or two and then add a they sell out...im sure boston will have four shows

They'll have more shows than this for sure! Amsterdam Arena is sceduled for 3 shows (13, 15 and 16 July) and it only says one on the official list. They're just waiting how the tickets will be selling and announce more shows in several cities.

My predictions about new additions to the tour shedule:

-2nd in San Diego
-2nd in Anaheim
-2nd o 3rd in Los Angeles
-2nd o 3rd in San Jose
-2nd in Phoenix, Seattle, Vancouver and Denver <-- ¿?
-3rd y 4th in Chicago
-2nd in Philadephia?
-2nd in NY
-3rd y 4th in Boston?

Initial tickets put on sale: around 280,000

Tickets on sale with additions: around 525,000

Gross: aprox 47/50 mill $

Vox

MKWU2 said:
ya they usually just announce a date or two and then add a they sell out...im sure boston will have four shows
They usually leave extra days in places like Chicago, NY, Boston and LA. They don't usually leave gaps like 6 days between Phoenix and Denver or 9 days between Vancouver and Chicago. They will certainly add more dates in some cities already scheduled but I'm not sure if they will add any more cities. I hope so but, if not, there's always the third leg.

Notice that de biggest stadium of that list is Camp Nou in BARCELONA :D:D:D

Capacity: 98,800, but for a concerts maybe 80,000/90,000

:)

Vox

Pop Artist said:
I don't think there will be a second MSG show on the first leg - there is a WNBA game scheduled on the 22nd. Beats me though why the 17th and 18th are at Continental...MSG is wide open then and the day before too!

Good eye. I think in the past they have moved some events out of The Garden and into The Theatre at MSG.
I don't believe these WNBA games are ever that well attended at MSG- maybe it could be moved. considering the $$$ that would
be passed up, it would be foolish not to. They need the money
so they can help ensure the Rangers will be the highest paid and
worse team in hockey if it is ever played again.

This schedule came out as I was expecting. I felt the majority of the first leg would be in the Western US to allow Edge to stay at home in Malibu. I think the additional nights in cities will mostly come after a day off, thus allowing U2 to fly back to LA after maybe all of the shows through the end of April. My own belief is that U2 will be in LA from mid March until early May, only flying out on days of shows and flying right back. It's really obvious that U2 made a huge change to help out Edge from how the first leg was to have been.

If they wanted to add Las Vegas, it could be added in that gap between Phoenix and Denver or there could even be a reutrn to Staples Center for 1 show at that time. The schedule is wide open for the weekend of April 30th-May 1st when the Coachella festival is held. The rumor of U2 headlining one of the days still continues.

So, if they decide to add more dates in the gaps, when would they announce it? *As* they're touring or right before, or after they've seen how many tickets have been sold (before the tour has actually started?)

<--has no idea lol! However, I'm still crossing my fingers for them to to squeeze in an Oregon date, and a little miffed about the $40 I spent... :I Anyhoo, Halup, thanks for posting that. I feel better about the whole thing using that perspective.

These additional dates (second or third nights in the already announced cities) would most likely go onsale as soon as the first nights sell out. Many shows will sell out within 10-15 minutes or less, so they would likely put the second show on sale right after.

3rd leg presale

Here's the big unanswered question: yeah I can wait until the third leg in hopes that U2 comes near me again (SLC, like they did on Elevation's third leg) and blow my presale tickets to travel to Seattle, Pheonix (which I did on Elevation), or Colorado. But does that mean that I am screwed for getting GA tix for a potential SLC show or any other possible third leg shows?

For the record, I am not counting on seeing U2 come to SLC on the third leg. After all, they are missing small portions of the country like - THE ENTIRE SOUTHEAST and ALL OF THE MIDWEST EXCEPT CHICAGO - that probably are entitled to shows before Salt Lake. Plus, they are only playing once in NYC?!?

Seriously, 16 shows? WTF?

a little perspective

this part of the US tour is as long as the whole of the European tour (that's been announced anyway).

Here in the UK we have a whopping 5 shows at the moment

Even with the gaps for extra dates, there's not that many shows been announced, particularly in the US. Or am I imagining things? I'm sure in the past the first US legs have been much longer than this.

Good luck to all UK fans trying to get tickets. There's some gaps in there as well so hopefully there will be 2nd dates announced.

ihavefollowed, this first leg will not be 16 shows, it should end up being about 30. You're not taking into account all the second nights that will be added in most cities, as well as 3rd and 4th nights that arelikely in Chicago and Boston. Just take a look at the big gaps between cities. That is intentional to allow space for second nights to be added when the first shows sell out.

Also, as I understand it, with your U2.com membership you will be allowed to purchase 2 more tickets to 1 show for the fall leg, whenever it is announced, which probably will not happen until after the first leg is over. Historically, U2 have announced their return legs to N America around early to mid summer.

As far as Salt Lake City, I think it's highly unlikely, as it did not show up on the initial list of tour dates that were leaked a little over a month ago. They are already trying to fit in the eastern cities that were planned for the first leg, but ended up having to be skipped (Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Buffalo, Hartford, Albany,etc), so I would not count on any cities being played on that leg that did not already appear on the previous itinerary.

Last edited:
if second nights are going to be added will we have first access to them with the u2.com memberships as well.
for example io want to go to one of the other rumoured Dublin dates and not the one thats listed. so do i wait to use my code later or are they just going to add them to general sales as the other concerts sell out.... i dont want to have paid $40 for a membership i dont end up using but i dont want to waste it buying tickets for shows which aren't my first choice and then they release the ones i do want to go to pre-sale later and i dont have a membership
this is driving me mad!!!!

I agree digsy- Yes thats the important question for me. If they're going to announce 2nd nights, when are they likely to be announced? And will we get prority for booking? Do I wait or try and make it to the shows already announced? Whats happend on previous tours?! Please someone help!

As it stands none of the UK dates are ones I can make easily- the London one, well I've got something that can't be moved that day, and I was hoping it would be on the originally rumoured 2nd July!

Back
Top Bottom