(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're playing my hometown on my birthday!!! Best birthday gift EVER (if I can get tickets that is, otherwise this birthday is going to suck!)!!

I wouldn't mind if Bono would sing me a birthday song! :wink:

Since there's nowhere else I can post this - what the hell were you thinking when you emailed everyone an ad for fucking scalpers?

starsgoblue and scarlet october I am from Ohio as well and I am assuming that they will play Cleveland and hopefully Columbus (that is where I am from!!)
With U2 being inducted into the HOF this year and Ohio always being a rowdy stop for the boys, they will be on our turf!!
Hopefully we should know something soon!

Last edited:
To all Ohio/Midwest fans I have a Clear Channel contact and he indicated additional cities could be annouced later. Too many open dates between the Vancouver to Chicago to Phila potion of the tour for them not to have paying gigs. With big tours like this there can be no downtime or else they loose too much money putting up the support crew, storing sets, etc.... Now if they can sell out Chicago for 5 nights then tough luck see you in the fall.

I'm very disappointed in the European tour dates.

I mean ONE gig in Ireland! All the rumours were that there would be three! U2 know they could sell out a month of gigs here and it feels like they are betraying the Irish fans a bit by having only one gig here, while they have planned two in Denmark, for example.

I only hope what others have said hold out about subsequent shows in these venues being announced at a later stage .

Well, I was excited until the official list came out....ONE canadian date?!? What's that...there isn't even a close US city that I can get to. I am disappointed..BIG TIME! I live in Ontario, and the only canadian date is in B.C. .....great!:mad: :(

Come one everybody, calm down. We've known for a while that they were postponing the tour for about a month. The only way they could do that was by cutting down about a third of the dates initially planned for the first leg, since moving dates for Europe would be very difficult to do.

I can't believe everyone freaking out because they're not coming to their city. I'm in Montreal, and there is a strong chance I would not be able to see any shows in the fall, which means I will have to try to go see them in the North-East US if I want to see this tour. But that's what I expected. Did you guys really think there was going to be that many more dates, given we've known for a while the tour would star on March 28th, and that they would be in Europe by June? It's just not logistically possible.

They will do more cities in North America, just wait for the fall.

The last time they threw in the second Atlanta show really late. So late I couldn't get GA tickets, unfortunately, because they didn't have time for a presale.

Joshua-Tree-Hugger, Ireland is set for at least 2 shows, as the second date for Croke Park is being held for June 25th. The 2 dates there were originally being rumored for June 25-26, now they are 24-25 which means they now could add a third night there on June 27 or even use that date for Belfast, which Bono has been quoted as saying that he wants U2 to play there again.

As far as being able to order second nights through u2.com, the only way that would happen is with the cities where a second night is already announced (Chicago, East Rutherford, Boston) because these cities will go to 3-4 shows each, or if U2 decides to hold the second night for sale 1 week after the first show sells out. Holding the date for sale a week later is more likely to occur with the European stadium shows than with the US arena shows, where in most cases, they will just add the second show minutes after the first one sells out. It all depends on the speed in which shows sell out. Promoters sit on second dates in cities and guage the speed in which the first sells out. If these US arena dates sell out in 15 minutes or less, you should expect them to put the second date on sale right after. If it takes more like an hour or 2 to sell out, they will feel the momentum is not there to put them on sale right away and will hold the sale of the second show until they can have a public announcement that a second night is going on sale. This usually means they put it on sale 1-2 weeks later.

Last edited:
You mean, they're not coming to DC, Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta or Lexington? :sad: :sigh:

This sucks. No shows in Finland, Greece, Turkey, etc, etc.
Only one show in Holland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark en three in Spain (for example).
And they really believe I'm gonna pay €70 (+ about €10 fee)?!

LOL I love your avatar Iris! :lol:

Guess this is a mixed blessing, I'll have time to save some money for the 3rd leg.

I'm panicing, cos I'm having an exam the day the tickets for the gothenburg gig will be on sale. :(
And I have no one who could get me a ticket really. I just hope I'll figure something out by january 7....

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Rumors are flying around down here that they will hit Atlanta in November.

They better. I was really hoping to see them on the first leg. I don't want to wait a year....GRRRRRRRRR ANGRY ZACH!

Also do we get different codes for the new legs that will pop up? I don't want to fee like I need to chance it now and get some far off tickets or wait until the 3rd leg to see if they play in Atlanta.

Halup said:
Joshua-Tree-Hugger, Ireland is set for at least 2 shows, as the second date for Croke Park is being held for June 25th. The 2 dates there were originally being rumored for June 25-26, now they are 24-25 which means they now could add a third night there on June 27 or even use that date for Belfast, which Bono has been quoted as saying that he wants U2 to play there again.

According to the only official source, U2.com, there is only one :(

Achtung Ya'll said:

They better. I was really hoping to see them on the first leg. I don't want to wait a year....GRRRRRRRRR ANGRY ZACH!

Also do we get different codes for the new legs that will pop up? I don't want to fee like I need to chance it now and get some far off tickets or wait until the 3rd leg to see if they play in Atlanta.

I hope we get a new code. I really can't get "far off tickets". At this rate I'll never make it to Istanbul, it is my ultimate dream to visit Ayasofia Museum and drink tea in the Grand Bazaar. I need to win the lottery!

Joshua-Tree, they only have 1 announced, but all along they have talked about 2 shows, with perhaps a third. You should 100% expect at least a second date to be added, since the demand will be there. Whether it goes on sale on the same day after the June 24th sells out or 1 week later remains to be seen. Just be prepared for either option. It is standard procedure to hold off announcing a second show publicly until the first is entirely sold out.

VazK, you should expect 3 shows in Holland, all at the Amsterdam Arena. Reportedly the additional dates there are July 15-16. Holland has always been a fantastic supporter of U2, so I would expect the demand to fully be there for all 3 proposed shows to happen.

Hi,

I am new to all of this.

As a member with a code--if your city or state is not listed and you cannot travel to any city listed you lose your pre-ticket opportunity? Or when and if they list a second leg of tour and Texas is listed I'll be able to use the code, or get a new code?

Thanks for any info!:wink:

Hi Stephie, I think most of us are uncertain on that. In another forum, someone says they contacted FanFire (the group handling the U2.com memberships) who told them there will not be presale codes the the third leg. The reality is that these Fanfire people seem to be a little mixed up about things in general, so who knows if this is true.

Historically, U2 with Propaganda offered N American members the chance to buy tickets to the third leg (return to N America) even if they had bought for the first leg.

Back
Top Bottom