Experience : Meeting Bono at the Studio *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
great story! You're so lucky lauren!! I'm so jealous! :|

Ahh!!! For me, it's impossible to meet them coz' I'm in Asia(Philippines)!!! Why are not they visiting Philippines??!!:sad: :mad: And if ever I get a chance to meet them, it'll years from now, they'll probably be too old to tour around or even just go out of their houses! :grumpy: I just can't spend a lot of money just to follow them wherever they go. and I'm just too damn young to travel alone (only 15) Why does it have to be like this?:scream: The only way I can meet them is when they visit here in the PHilippines.

I met Bono in front of the Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago on May 11th. I had a coaster from the Octagon Bar that I had gotten when I was in Dublin last November. I had occasion to walk past the hotel that day so I stuck the coaster in my pocket, thinking , "Who knows? I might run into one of the band." Amazingly, as I walked by the hotel, Bono walks out the front door--five feet from me. I held up the coaster and he walked toward me and said, "I don't believe it!" Then he showed it to one of the guys with him and said, "Look at this." And they both laughed. Bono said, "That is so cool." I told him I had spent 72 Euros in the bar last November and he said "Is that all?" He drew a caricature of himself on the back of the coaster, signed it, asked me my name, then wrote "Thanks Tom!"

He impressed me as an outgoing person who genuinely likes to meet people.

Back
Top Bottom