Bono: A Life of Grace*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/band/bonobday-thmb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Debbie Kreuser

BONO. The word in Latin simply means "good," yet this word has come to symbolize the life (and emerging legacy) of one of the world's biggest music stars and humanitarians.

Bono was born Paul David Hewson on 10 May 1960 to Iris (Rankin) and Bob Hewson in Dublin, Ireland. From a very early age, Bono showed a sincere empathy with others and a unique ability to communicate. Bill Flanagan in his book "U2 At the End of the World" relates a story told to him by Bob Hewson that highlights Bono's inherent goodness and power of communication.

"I remember when he was about three, only a toddler. He was out in the back garden. He went over to a flower with a bee. He put out his finger, lifted the bee up, talked to the bee, and put it back again. He probably doesn't remember it, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I can remember to this day the horror of my wife and myself. He could go from flower to flower picking up bees and never get stung."

bonobday.jpg

Bono has endeared himself to the world because of the choice he made at a very early age to reveal and not conceal his strengths and weaknesses. The trials, tribulations, temptations and ultimate triumphs he has experienced in life have elevated Bono to a greater sense of purpose and a closer walk with Grace. And, I believe, it is through Bono's choice to open his heart and soul to the world that has transformed Bono into something (someone) more: an "angel.?

The dictionary describes an angel as "a kind and loveable person" - someone who is "morally excellent/virtuous.? There are hundreds of Bono stories collected over the years which accentuate Bono's "kind and loveable" nature. Whether these stories come from U2 fans/followers or from people around the world who have been touched by Bono's love and concern for them (Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, Mothers of the Disappeared, the People of Sarajevo, TASO, the People of Africa, etc.), thousands of people have experienced the kind and loving actions of Bono and have been healed emotionally and spiritually in the process.

Bono, along with U2, brings us songs (?Psalms?) that uplift and inspire us. He brings hope for a brighter future to millions of poor people around the world. But, maybe most importantly, Bono brings us all an opportunity to know what it means to truly be alive - without any judgment and/or condemnation of who we are. And it is in this way - the way of extending Grace to the world - that Bono has become an "angel.?

So, on this most special day (his 44th birthday) let us celebrate Bono the rock star, the humanitarian and the devoted father/friend/family man. But let us also celebrate Bono the "angel" and thank him for all that he has given us - through his (U2's) music, his humanitarianism and his deep adherence to Grace. We count ourselves fortunate to be witnesses to such a Brilliant and Luminous Life!

Happy Birthday Bono from all of us at Interference.com and may you have many glorious more!

"I don't like music unless it has a healing effect.... I want people to leave our concerts feeling positive, a little more free. Things might look very gloomy but there is always hope."

"There's a sense of wonder in the music, there's a sense of faith and of possibilities."

"If I am close to the music and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
- Bono

Last edited:
Very Nice Piece..and a very very happy birthday Bono..
Peace and Grace be yours to hold and into life your love unfold
.. your spirit shines and because of that I have seen further .. you have made me believe that I can do more and helped light that fire in me to do so.. my eternal gratitude for that.... I will raise a cheer tonight ..perhaps a black velvet!!

Lovely. A simply lovely tribute.

And I'm a plain speaking Midwesterner who doesn't use that word much.

I'm certain Bono has no idea the incredible extent to which his message of hope has given to millions across this planet, from his efforts towards saving an entire continent to simple words of encouragement through his songs clung to by despairing individuals. He deserves all the happiness in the world.

:bow: :up: :) :heart:

HelloAngel said:
"I don't like music unless it has a healing effect.... I want people to leave our concerts feeling positive, a little more free. Things might look very gloomy but there is always hope."
- Bono [/B]
Hmm...i like this. This encourages my decision to become a music therapist. :D

Thank you to everyone who was touched by my simple words about Bono.
:yes:

I TRULY feel that the B-man IS AN ANGEL, brought to earth in a time when people are disillusioned and looking for meaning in their lives.

He continues to provide our world with a luminous example of a Life of Purpose, a Life of Hope, a Life of redemptive Grace.

As we have just seen this past weekend in Philly, Bono is on his Stairway to Heaven. He is full of Light and Love and is Blessed by the Divine.:up: :angel: :hug:

I am COMPLETELY HUMBLED BY BONO and am just grateful to live in the same time as him - so that I can witness the TRANSFORMATION OF A SIMPLE LIFE INTO ONE OF TREMENDOUS GOODNESS!

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR SHOWING ME THE WAY HOME!:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom