U2 Fan Profile : spanisheyes *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/spanisheyesthumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

spanisheyesavatar.jpg

We know each other's avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features The Goal is Soul moderator spanisheyes.

Your real name (first name only is okay) and screen name?
Chris/spanisheyes

What's the story behind your screen name?
"Spanish Eyes" is one of my favorite songs, the energy in Bono's voice has always blown me away, also I'm of Spanish descent.

Why did you join Interference?
I was just looking up some information one day about U2, and to my delight stumbled across Interference, and found alot of fans just as crazy about the band as I was.

spanisheyeschris.jpg

When did you join Interference?
November of 2000

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?
About an hour a day checking out several favorite forums and the forum I moderate, TGIS.

What are some of your favorite Interference haunts?
EYKIW, LS, and TGIS of course.

Why did you want to become a moderator?
Sula and I had this idea for a forum to discuss the spiritual aspect of U2's music, as well as the books that had been written on the subject, and Elvis said go for it, and also let me be the moderator of it.

What's your favorite thing about being a moderator?
The opportunity to meet some great fans, and be of assistance when needed, as well as bring about a positive feeling to your particular forum.

What is your earliest memory of U2?
Hearing "I Will Follow" for the first time on KROQ in Los Angeles, one of the first stations in California to support U2 in a big way.

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?
Immediately after hearing "I Will Follow" on KROQ...that song grab me by the throat and the deep recesses of my being and has never let me go.

Why are you a U2 fan?
Because U2's music moves me like no other band has, both on album and live. Also, they don't just sing about change and injustice, but they do something about it, they get actively involved, and I love that about them.

What is your favorite U2 moment?
Seeing U2 at Live Aid, and seeing and hearing the reaction of millions of people getting turned on to my band for the very first time.

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?
"I Will Follow" was instrumental in getting me out of a time of depression after the death of my father in 1979.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?
I think like many fans, it is the dream to someday meet the band, and not just while signing something, or a quick picture after a show, but really get to sit down with them and share with them how much their music has meant to me and millions of other fans.

What is your favorite U2 song, album and video?
Favorite song is "Bad", favorite album is The Joshua Tree, and favorite video is U2 - ZOO TV Live from Sydney.

Last edited:
spanisheyes has consistently made some of this forum's most intelligent and well thought-out posts... :up:
looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new material Chris! :yes:

Good to learn a little more about you, spanisheyes.

I particularly liked this thing you said:

"Also, they don't just sing about change and injustice, but they do something about it, they get actively involved, and I love that about them."

Could not agree more with that statement. Well put. :).

Angela

Again, I have always really enjoyed reading your beautiful and articulate posts! :D

follower said:
A very nice profile of a very nice person and a great U2 fan. :up:

:)
MT

Chris is one of sweetest, most genuine and kind fans i have ever came across..

diamond

:wink: Gr-8 to read more about you S E, and agree about U2, love the music and that they don't just sing about something wrong, or just complain, and never do anything about it, like some-they! put their selves out there! Whatever the cost! hope I get the chance to meet an 'oldie fan' lol, I have been a fan as long as you.
:applaud:

"Why are you a U2 fan?
Because U2's music moves me like no other band has, both on album and live. Also, they don't just sing about change and injustice, but they do something about it, they get actively involved, and I love that about them. "

I second that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom